If a guy compliments a girl, does it mean he finds her sexually attractive.. Or just because it's polite?

Like.. 'I like your hair.'
'You look good.'

Most Helpful Guy

• It could be anything really. Although I don't go out of my way to compliment girls whenever possible, I do say a "you look nice" or "that X suits you" whenever the situation allows for it. Doesn't necessarily mean I have anything for her BUT it may mean that I wouldn't mind actually having anything for her.

Most Helpful Girl

• Could mean both or neither.

What Guys Said 10

• I'm gonna let you in on something... No guy... will compliment a girl on her LOOKS out of politeness...
    He may say it casually.. or seem to be just polite...
    But if it's me... I'm either complementing you because I straight up want to date you... or have a crush on you... Or I find you attractive, which kind of comes together to be honnest.
    Now complimenting on looks is not the same thing than saying he likes your shirt etc... So be careful..
    But I do think hairs is part of the body and looks..
    And is it sexually attracted... Well probably... It comes along with finding someone attractive and wanting that person

• That could easily go either way... best not to read into it too much lol

• Maybe, maybe not

• Nah. I mean, it's very likely, but not always the case.
    Also, it depends in the compliment; if it's about appearance, then they probably want the V, but if it's about her taste in music, it could be just that.

Rule of thumb tho, don't belive anything men say.

• If i compliment a girl, it means from the heart , i have no intentions of coming onto a girl in any sexual matter. I like to be polite sure i might flirt but there has to be limitations.

• @elissadido hay baby ;3
    Looken fly todai 😘

• could be both sorry not much help

• It could mean any number of things. He likes her. He legit means the compliment. I don't know.

• Well, I wouldn't say that to my guy friends

• A compliment can mean many things, but I wouldn't say sexually attractive, initially, perhaps it means he is potentially interested in said girl.

• I think it's just simple politeness.. Because like everybody compliments everybody nowadays.. Hell even I say 'I like your fashion sense.' Even though it isn't that good.. But..

• It will remain a mystery, no one will know. Chances are, if I finished it, I'll just burn it. Believe me. It'll be destroyed.

• You cannot let that happen.

What Girls Said 0