Do you think people who call themselves 'goodlooking, beautiful, etc... are conceited?

Like 'I consider myself to be very attractive'
conceited? Or just being honest?

Most Helpful Guy

• If someone asks how you see yourself and you respond that way I don't think its conceited.

However, if you say that when it's unprompted then I think that's conceited.

• Thissss I agree with. See how awesome you can be?

• That's riiiiiight. America. Shame. Well I'm out of ideas. Hopefully something fun!

• Yep, thanks :)

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends on how they say it, I suppose. It's great if they think they're good-looking, more power to 'em. However, there is a way to go overboard and just seem like a jerk like if they talk about it constantly.

What Guys Said 21

• Not conceited really. Its being honest with yourself if you find yourself very attractive, that is a good thing! I've known girls that think they are average and I find them very attractive and then some that think they are very attractive and I wasn't that attracted to them, however it was simply only my opinion, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. But if you view yourself that way, I'd say its a good thing and it shows confidence which is a good thing and you won't have insecurities about yourself allowing you to express yourself more which helps you out a lot in life. I find myself average and that is me being honest with myself.

• If they're happy with themselves then truly good for them; nothing wrong with self confidence. However, if they somehow think that makes them better than others than what a shame on gorgeous looks wasted on such conceited people...

• I call myself good looking and I'm definitely not conceited. I have pros and cons just like everyone else.

• Being conceited is like "Oh im the most attractive one here! Im better looking than all of you. Im a better person"
    Finding yourself attractive and admitting it is just being confident

• Naa, I'm just stating the facts ;)

#PrettyPeopleProblems

• No not at all, i simply find it annoying if they go around only saying that.

• I think everyone is beautiful in there own way, even if you don't think so it's not nice to judge on that not, I got a face like dog food so please don't judge.

• Well, if you look attractive, you look attractive. As long as they don't go around just saying that to everyone, blaintly or with hints, its not conceded

• Do you consider yourself very attractive? Because I think you are.

• No, but thanks.

• (Saying to myself):

Do you consider yourself very attractive? Because I think you are thinking that you're very attractive...

or

Do you consider yourself very attractive? Because I think that you do think that you're very attractive...

Okay bud, which ever way you conceive it--and, just so that we are clear what I meant is that I think that you are hot AF!!!

So, there.

• I meant "beautiful" AF. You know, because you have a good heart.

• No, not really.

• I think I'm attractive and I don't think I'm conceited (it's more of a statistical analysis thing though, a lot of my sister's friends think I'm hot)

• It depends a lot on the situation and what exactly you say, if a person is clearly attractive I think its fine if they say something like "I think Im attractive" because they just might be realistic when they say that. But if you say "I consider myself extremely good looking" then you are definitely being smug and arrogant. Like if you're gonna compliment yourself at least try to be humble about it.

• This was the question I was referring too I knew I saw it somewhere

• Yeah when we was talking yesterday this was the post I was referring to

• thats not conceited in my opinion.

• let other people decide... don't tell it yourself

• In your case just being honest, plus you have already been told by many people that you are attractive. It also depends how you go about bringing it up, how you treat others, and if you generally let it go to your head or not.

• I took your description a little too literally. I didn't see the quotation marks.

• Ah okay :)

• If they really believe they are beautiful or good-looking , then there is nothing wrong with that. It's okay to feel good about oneself. It's conceited when they brag about their own beauty constantly...

• Depends on the person. Like if a model knows he or she is good looking... That's probably just a fact. They might not necessarily be arrogant just because they know it.

• Yeah, no shit they are conceited.

• LOL I'm conceited. You probably saw my opinion on another question and came up with this huh?

I have an ego for sure. That said though girls are attracted to me.

• You're Anon how would I know? Lol

• I think that makes you awesome

• Aww thanks :)

• I just go by people's reactions to me. I can't see it myself. I look alright from certain angles I suppose.

What Girls Said 14

• I believe it's normal! I consider myself to be a bit attractive as well! It's human nature! It's the first love we all experience, narcism, and even though society makes it look bad it really isn't its human nature! If everyone thought they were ugly, then the whole human population would have finished ages ago. You are being a normal human being and you are being honest with how you feel

• Nope it's not.

It's only conceited when someone does it in an annoying way. When nobody asked them in the first place. That and also using it as a way to make others feel beneath you.

Though sadly thanks to studies some people are less beautiful than they think.
    http://thehairpin.com/2011/10/hello-beautiful/

faculty.chicagobooth.edu/.../EpleyWhitchurch.pdf

• yeah some are but not always!

• No I don't. Many low confidence people refer to themselves as beautiful. There is nothing wrong with it.

• It's not conceited, it just means they feel secure about their looks

• I think we all need to say it to ourselves privately for self-esteem and confidence. But people should not say it in public. Leave that to other people.

• Nah. Unless they aren't really that hot and they keep rubbing it in your face. Then thats a huge turn off. Slap slap mfff.

• There is nothing wrong with self confidence but if you're the type who scoffs at physically unattractive people then you are ugly.

• Absolutely not. It only is conceited if they say so by method of comparison, if they're not comparing themselves to anyone it's perfectly fine.

• To me unless you're saying it as a joke a little. If you are saying it al the time hell yeah. Usually being humble gets you further.

• No I do not. I do not think im great looking. But some that say it there is nothing wrong with it.

• Probably most of them...

• Nope.

Conceitedness shows through their actions/behavior.

• Nope, there's no honesty in calling yourself attractive, it's plain conceitedness.