Why is my iPhone battery dying so fast?

I have an iPhone 5s and I just charged my phone up to 100%. I was on my phone for less than 10 minutes and my battery had dropped to 14%! I have no idea why it drained so fast? Any ideas? (Oh and I only had two apps open and they were Snapchat and iMessage.)

Most Helpful Guy

• Have you dropped it recently? I dropped my phone a month or two ago and its battery started draining SUPER quickly. I just took out the batter and the SIM card, let it sit for a moment, and then started it back up again. Everything worked after that.

With an iPhone, I don't know how you'd go about doing that. I know there's a little slot on the side where you can stick a paper clip or something and eject the SIM card, but that's the only idea that I have.

What Guys Said 4

• Apps like Facebook, the brightness on your screen or heat could be killing that battery I'm guessing. Also, if you're the type to leave it on the charger all day every day that might have killed the rechargeable cells in the battery also.

The battery sensor could be reading the battery as bad also for some reason.

• Rechargeable batteries can only be charged and discharged a certain number of times. Maybe you have reached the limit and your battery in on the way out.

• That sounds worse then my phone, it at lest takes a few hours to drop that much even though it doesn't have the battery life it should

• Did you put it to Wumbo?

• What's Wumbo?

• Wumbology? The study of Wumbo. I wumbo. You wumbo. He, she, me wumbo. It's first grade!

What Girls Said 0