Travel back in time and meet your ancestors or travel to the future and meet your descendants?

Which would you rather do? Travel back in time and meet your ancestors or travel to the future and meet your descendants?

Most Helpful Guy

• Travel back in time because i do not know who my birth parents are.
    That would be so cool to meet them.

Most Helpful Girl

• Travel back in time and meet my ancestors. I'd be so cool to see history - to see what life was like back then. I'd love to learn about my ancestors and how I came to be.

What Guys Said 23

• I'd travel to the future. If no one is there (aka I end up staying single for life 😱) at least that means I can just chill out in the future for a bit.

I mean, it is a win-win situation...
    Unless the world turns into a dystopia...
    In which case that would kind of suck. 😅

• I'm tempted to travel back in time, always wanted to but guess I'd go into the future and see what I built and left behind for my future generations. Possibly correct any wrong to make it better for them when I'm back :D

• Back in time because I never got to know my maternal grandfather very well, nor my mom's brother who died before I was born. I never really had any male role model figure in my life except for my dad, so getting to meet these two guys would be very fun to me. I might also like to attend my parents' highschool and learn what they were like as teenagers, maybe rough my dad up a little for being a dick at times, and try comforting my mom since I know a lot of the problems she was facing at home. Of course, I wouldn't let them know the truth though about who I am.

• I think forward just to see how things turn out.

• I won't have any descendants. My anceztors don't have Internet. I'll stay put.

• I'd rather go back in time to be honest with you.

• Ancestors. Honestly tell them to buy Microsoft stock or Apple for me xD

• Definitely descendants, I hardly care about the past their time is up... my descendants can learn a lot from me

• Something you're dropping hints you want to go on a holiday

• I'd go to the future and bored them to death with, "Back in my day" stories. :-D

• Ancestors

• Definitely travel back in time to meet my ancestors.

• I'd go to the future.

• Back and time I haven't really been connected to my ancestry would be nice to know my language and what they had to live through

• My ancestors were indenture labours and I dont wanna cut sugar cane so the future for me.

• Future. If there is any.

• travel to the future... coz you know the past.. future is pull of possibilities

• Descendants if I have any

• the first one

• Back in time.. Dont know my birth parents...

• Travel back in time to meet the grandfather who died while my Mom was young and who I almost completely resemble.

• better to get dissapointed with the ancestors than with the descendants, cause in the later you know you have a portion of the blame for the screw up.

• Back for sure. There were many advanced civilizations which even had nuclear and electric technologies back then...

Plus the earth was just SO MUCH BETTER

What Girls Said 6

• I rather meet my ancestors. I would be afraid of my descendants. haha

• Definitely back in the past! Preferably my andalusian ancestors, my grandma told me about their stories and they were passed down from generation to generation!

• I'd travel to the future and see my descendants and if i didn't like them i wouldn't have a child at all.

• Descendants... the past can't change anything

• ancestors...

• I've always liked reading up on my families history so I feel like I have a pretty good image of what my ancestors were like. I think I would chose to go to the future. I'd love to see what myself and hopefully my husband created for the world!