How to "Not give a fuck" ?

The question is simple as above.
What are your ways to not give a fuck about people/situations?

I take things too seriously and I want to learn the art of not giving a fuck like Spiderman :P

How to

Most Helpful Girl

• It's really just a mindset. As soon as you catch yourself starting to care to much, try to think about what happens if it goes wrong. You don't die, the world won't end. If that person hates you, you have one less person in your life. Nothing to worry about, you did fine before you met them. If that event sucks, it is just one day of your life. There are 365 in a year, it's really not that important.

Practise this, it will get easier. Of course you'll still care about important things, but the little things you care too much about you can filter out.

Most Helpful Guy

• i2.cdn.turner.com/.../...izontal-large-gallery.jpg

I want you to look at this image. This image was taken with the Hubble telescope, one of the most powerful telescopes humanity has ever built. All those dots represent stars, but not how you'd think. No, because each dot is a collection of stars, galaxies. We inhabit but one impossibly small corner of one of these enormous collections of stars that itself is sequestered away in an impossibly small corner of this vast universe. More than likely alone, and even if we aren't it's not likely we'll meet our universal neighbors.

It is in this impossibly small corner that we bicker among one another, fight and cry and cheat and steal and care and love and live and die. All that drama, taking place on what the rest of the universe may as well consider an atom. Or as the great Carl Sagan once put it "a fraction of a dot." So small is our influence in this universe that we may as well not be here. And as such, every and all actions that we as people do from here to our inevitable doom will be but a brief flicker in the universe's vast, nigh-immortal existence. Here and gone in a universal instant.

With that in mind, take solace in the fact that the universe is the unopposed master of not giving a fuck, and learn from it's beautiful mastery.

What Girls Said 13

• Well, we're on the same page when you said you take things too seriously. Most of the time, I don't want to care too much because it gets me hurt but keep in mind, some people love you for that and if you didn't, you'd be a completely different person right now. You should mbrace it because it makes you, you. However, don't let it control you. Let things go, once in a while. Tell yourself it's okay to fail and lessen the pressure you feel inside. Don't expect and you won't be disappointed. Just let things be. We all need a little break sometimes. Don't beat yourself up for making mistakes, try to learn from them. All I'm saying is to let things happen and if you can't change the situation or make it better, just stop and don't worry about it. Just let it lessen its impact and have hope you'll be okay. It's a too fast-paced world for me but we all need to take it a little bit slow. Sorry, I don't know if I even helped you. I just rambled. >~~<

• Every situation is different and calls for a different reaction but some ways I stop caring is thinking "what's the point", "it's them and not a reflection on me", "I'm not going to spend my energy caring about this / it isn't worth my time", I tune out of the situation, or I try to find the humor in the situation (like if someone is really annoying me I choose to laugh about what's annoying me instead-- laughter is such a great medicine)

Many situations though, it's something I actively have to choose. If you're sick of caring about something really let yourself feel sick of it, and choose to feel something else. Try to then see it from that new perspective.

• Yeah I know I'm an expert at it 😊
    i1214.photobucket.com/.../...525_n_zpskekxouba.jpg

• When you're in a perpetual state of apathy, not giving a fuck just comes naturally.

While not caring provides a sort of shield from all the bullshit you encounter, it also desensitises you to future bullshit and that's not always a good thing.

Oftentimes apathy goes hand in hand with depression.

• See that the person who's flipping out is very insignificant to your life and this entire situation is.

www-static.weddingbee.com/.../hairflipNY.gif

• I'm always like... "oh, I fucking failed... oh well, c'est la vie"

always think "life goes on" and you'll start to give less fucks about everything

• The only way I know of is to be proud of your life choices and beliefs. If you own them truly it won't matter what others think of you.

• Uhm that would require you to not have feelings. So if you've got feelings then you're fucked.

"Join me" cause I have no feelings.

• It's not something that happens over night it comes with experience

• I was born not giving a fuck.

• Any advise for me regarding how I can do the same?

• It's difficult to empathise cos I think that part of my brain is just missing. I think there are very few things in life that deserve to be taken seriously and people prioritise dumb things. I also don't understand why I would care what other people think of me. It's like people are obsessed with what other people think of them and constantly crave validation. Not giving a fuck is very liberating.

• How to not give a fuck:
    1. Preoccupy your self with the things that matter to you and that you have to give a fuck about.
    2. Every time you start to give a fuck remember that you give no fucks and aliens are taking over so nothing else matters, soon the world will be in their hands and your fucks will become obsolete.

• 1. Don't give a fuck.
    2. Be a Spiderman.
    3. Learn from Eminem
    https://youtu.be/wIQWRHJq_kE

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Guys Said 22

• 1. The world is a comedy (and irony) for those that think and a tragedy for those that feel :) - get the drift? :)
    2. It's all up there in the head and no one knows better than you that even feelings are up there while the heart is only for pumping blood and human hearts aren't shaped the way we perceive it as - those are a frog's :D
    3. The switch is with you, flip it on or off is within you :)
    4. One of my nick names is Mr. Spock ;) not for nothing :D lol

• Nah man, not giving a fuck in itself embraces an apathetic attitude and while it may give you a moment's relief, on the long run, you just become hollow inside. I'd suggest you heed this guy.
    www.musiccrowns.org/.../Bob-Marley.jpg
    Because when you right things and the right people, somehow everyone wants to be a part of your life.

• Yeah dumb it down into simplistic terms like...
    +oh shit my girlfriend dumped me... meh the weather is pretty damn nice today
    +my dad died... Mmmm some nice scotch and a fire place would be wonderful

• I feel like it just comes naturally to some people. Im not sure if you can train yourself to not give a fuck :/

I do envy them tho. Whoever cares the least or is the least invested in any engadgement usually has the upperhand.

• lol i honestly can't bring myself to give a fuck most of the time , it annoys the shit out of people that no matter what they do i dont care

• @CoolSky01
      I feel like it benefits you for dating. you're less inhibited, less affected by jealousy, less affected by insults and the mysterious nature likely helps attracts girls. Also if they care about you more than they care about them, you'll get the better end of the deal and will be less likely to be the one who gets screwed over.

• i still have to the do the approaching and all but yeah i dont care and that seems to work with the ladies they just like me for not caring, sure looks play a role but i just sit there not caring or really giving a single shit if anyone likes what i say or not ( i say the most random shit sometimes ) and they're all ( the girls ) staring at me seductively, jealousy I don't know tbh, but yeah iam pretty calm and cool most of the time so i dont get mad or raise my voice when arguing with a girl which means they start getting super mad and i get super logical and reasonable... needless to say they hate it , but it gives me an edge lol

• Saw this in Waterstones last week
    ecx.images-amazon.com/.../..._BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
    I think it might be relevant to your needs :P

• Basically how I do it is:
      Think about for how long EXACTLY what you are doing at the current time will affect you. Will you remember this in 5 minutes? Tomorrow? 10 days? Will this matter to you next year?

If the answer is no, then you are not obliged to give any fucks :)

• Focus on putting YOURSELF FIRST at all times!

Once you start doing this, "not giving a fuck" will be more and more effortless... trust me. :)

• Honestly, There's no such thing as not giving a fuck. Everyone gives a fuck, some more some less.
    My advice is just fake it till you make it. As they say practice makes a man perfect so try not to give a fuck (pretend) and after sometime you'll get better at it.
    S: experience

• you came to the right man, the master of not giving a single fuck even if you had a storage full of fucks... simply dont , think in a logical way why get mad if it can be fixed? no reason then dont as simple as it sound just be cool... also not getting mad makes people mad, double win ,

• also believing in yourself and that you're always right is a great help.

• Im a atheist, ao i beleive this is all there is. The life expectancy of an American male is 72. So i realized a long time ago that much of what we conplain about does not matter. In fact, nothing matters. We were all nothing before we were born and after we die we will return to that darkness. So why care about what people think or any of that other bullshit. Just do what you want and fuck everything else. Good luck bro.

• Oh it's quite simple really, just be assured that your choices are generally good decisions (with some leniency for external criticism, if any - but don't let them bog you down), and don't stress as much about it.

• Let life beat you down for a few years. It'll then become second nature.

• It's easy, just don't give a fuck.

http://i.imgur.com/32OgK1g.jpg

• Age played a huge part for me. I just learned with time that life's to short to get bent out of shape over something that's beyond your control.

• Hate to say it, but you have to experience failure, and either lots of it, or something drastic enough to just be calm. Then you won't be afraid of failure, which is a necessity.

• I have a life, makes me prioritize and not giving a damn comes naturally.

• >Smoke weed
    >Drift
    >Do dumb shit

• Apathy takes practice.

• Be more dense. Don't take things personally.

• Just keep it all in perspective.

• just don't give a fuck

• This is not helpful, dude

• it's just your mind bro... i gave a lot of fucks in my life.. i cared too much of what would people think.. i constantly evaluate every move im making and every words that i would say coz i dont want people having some negative feedback about me... but by doing so, only makes things worse... you just have to train your mind how not to give a fuck. just dont care... that's what im doing and its working

• Stay on drugs.