they are the serpent-people of India. The male are known as Nagas while the female are called Naginis. They resemble humans from the waist up, and snakes from the waist down. Sometimes they have multiple heads and vary in color. Also, at times Nagas are depicted as limbless and having a cobra-like frill.
The four classes of Naga are as follows: Heavenly; Divine; Earthly and Hidden. All Nagas / Naginis are characterized by their various functions (guarding the heavenly palace; giving rainfall; draining rivers or guarding rivers - respectively). It is said that they will eventually destroy the world with fire.
- 5/5 my favorite mythological creature17% (4)12% (2)15% (6)Vote
- 4/5 i like it a lot13% (3)12% (2)13% (5)Vote
- 3/5 meh they are ok22% (5)38% (6)28% (11)Vote
- 2/5 i dont really like it13% (3)0% (0)8% (3)Vote
- 1/5 i hate it9% (2)6% (1)8% (3)Vote
- 0/5 worst mythological creature ever!4% (1)6% (1)5% (2)Vote
- WTF is a Naga?22% (5)26% (4)23% (9)Vote
Most Helpful Girl
Weirdly enough, my mum use to tell me a story about a woman/snake roaming around in Cambodia. I don't think it was true but she said something along the lines of the husband did something terrible and Buddha turned him into a snake, but the wife didn't care and cuddled her hubby snake. I have to ask her to make sure! But i'll tell you :D0
- Show AllShow Less
Most Helpful Guy
She's Nada Naga!