Rate this mythological creature: The Naga?

they are the serpent-people of India. The male are known as Nagas while the female are called Naginis. They resemble humans from the waist up, and snakes from the waist down. Sometimes they have multiple heads and vary in color. Also, at times Nagas are depicted as limbless and having a cobra-like frill.

The four classes of Naga are as follows: Heavenly; Divine; Earthly and Hidden. All Nagas / Naginis are characterized by their various functions (guarding the heavenly palace; giving rainfall; draining rivers or guarding rivers - respectively). It is said that they will eventually destroy the world with fire.

• 5/5 my favorite mythological creature
  • 4/5 i like it a lot
  • 3/5 meh they are ok
  • 2/5 i dont really like it
  • 1/5 i hate it
  • 0/5 worst mythological creature ever!
  • WTF is a Naga?

Most Helpful Girl

• Weirdly enough, my mum use to tell me a story about a woman/snake roaming around in Cambodia. I don't think it was true but she said something along the lines of the husband did something terrible and Buddha turned him into a snake, but the wife didn't care and cuddled her hubby snake. I have to ask her to make sure! But i'll tell you :D

• Hmmm... maybe you're the snake woman? D:

• @varunbh Totally agree! Each version is different but the moral/storyline of it means the same (*^_^*)

• Thank you for MH toto :)

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 11

What Guys Said 11

• I remember the Naga from my days playing "Warcraft III" and "World of Warcraft". xD

vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/.../latest

• 0|0
  • Mythological creatures, symbolic of something but unrealistic.

However, w/o getting into the pictorial depictions given by you but as originally perceived by me through various means I'd give them a 2.5

• that's weird I remember the legend being different then this, hmm perhaps I'm thinking of something else, good creature either way though, creepy.

• So does it have boobs or only the head?

• 3/5 meh they are ok

• LMAO I misread that for a second there!! 😂 Ummmm it looks lame though.

• 4/5
    They are so creepy that they really kick ass

• Reminds me of Error from the Fairy Queen!

• that's the DEVIL or one of the sons of god
    yes that is real

• That's just fucking ugly