Would you rather kill 1 human baby or 100 puppies?

Satan has kidnapped the one person you love the most in this world.

She will release your loved one ONLY if you either kill (with your bare hands) 1 human baby

or 100 puppies

If you don't make a choice Satan will kill your loved one instead.

Which option would you choose?

• The baby
  • The puppies

Most Helpful Girl

• What a horrible ordeal. That's like saying if I would rather stab with a knife or shoot with a gun. You're still a lowlife, scumbag either way.

But since you ask this question and those are the only two option, I'll let the baby live. I can't bring myself to kill another human being, much less a baby even if I were going back to a time machine and see Hitler as a baby.

So therefore the puppies. I'd rather be known as the puppy killer than forever live with the fact that I kill a baby, a future human adult.

Most Helpful Guy

• I was thinking about this, but both options really do suck, but what if I offered my very own soul and life in exchange for the person he had kidnapped, will he then be willing to take the trade and listen to my offer? C'mon if he did exist, then he would want to collect souls, or perhaps he needs a vessel or backup vessel or something, maybe an extra soldier (technically , cannon fodder) and slave for his Army of Demons. Trading one life and soul in exchange for the other. Fair enough, since I'd really have nothing to really lose or gain or other than trying to bargain my way and make the sacrifice no one else would dare to. That is unless I really don't have a "soul" somehow, then I guess this would be a problem I can't really try to bargain my way out.

And since exactly when was the devil a lady? I always thought Fallen Angels would be gender neutral for being celestial. Although more often than not they are portrayed as masculine instead of feminine.

Technically there really isn't one person that I "loved" most in the world. Well, or maybe there was but they're gone long ago anyway and things have changed significantly now.

In terms of quantity of lives lost, 1 baby is considered a lot less than 100 puppies.

But then again, it really comes down to and depends "who" that baby was and belonged to. I know it won't be my kid, but "what if" it was the kid of someone related to you closely? Or your relatives? What if that was your brother's kid? Or sister's kid? Or the kid of your best friend? Etc? Then can you still "pull the trigger" on them in cold blood? Because I don't think it would be that easy then.

Killing 100 puppies would be very time consuming choice to begin with unless there is one single location where puppies are bred rapidly on a regular basis or something and there is a large abundance of them. So unless somebody raised like "101 Dalmatians" or something, then you're not going to be able to kill that many puppies all at once. And even if it was not a requirement that exactly 100 puppies had to be killed at once, you'd be caught very soon and doing time in prison after killing a certain amount of puppies in your local neighborhood before you ever finish killing all 100, or even come close to reaching that amount.

Neither choice will be easy, but I'd go with killing the baby only if I know that kid absolutely belonged to nobody or something, like an abandoned orphan, but that is only after if my offer and bargain failed to work.

I like the way you think. However, I dont think that the Devil would be happy just taking your soul cause that wouldn't cause as much evil as making you kill.

@Pac-Man

I get what you mean, his end goal is to drive someone kill by desperately trying to save someone they love, he wants to cause as much suffering and pain as possible. If I played exactly by his rules, and do what he had expected then he'd win completely. More additional innocent lives potentially be lost all for nothing which is probably what he would want. Unless there is any specific clause or rule that prevents him from completely accepting a bargain and a trade and sacrifice, then he can't refuse my offer to trade and sacrifice my own life and soul in exchange so everyone else would be set free and remain safe and sound because of my own sacrifice. it's best to have one person make the sacrifice so everyone and everything else involved don't have to suffer and die also. "If" there really ever was one person that I truly "loved" then I'd make this sacrifice to "prove" and validate that "love" is true.

@Pac-Man

When it comes to making a sacrifice for someone that you truly feel you love and would be willing to sacrifice your soul and life for then I think I'm greatly influenced by the 2nd season finale from SuperNatural:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-U0AsyF7yY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_qN8x2vQUQ

because of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qPymbKpd1w

What Girls Said 27

• Whoever says kill the baby is truly a monster and I hope to God you never have a child because that would be just horrible

isn't it equally the same with puppies

fuck Justin beiber, buttt, i still wouldn't kill him. we shouldn't be killing anyone

I said hand him over to Satan. I didn't mention anything about killing him. None of you can read.

• I would even kill 1 million puppies to save 1 human life

• the baby, obviously. I would rather take 1 life than 100, and I am none to judge whose lives are more valuable, those of humans or those of animals.

LOL I can´t help noticing that most people who would kill the baby are more civilised and educated (not to say, most of them sound more intelligent) than most of those who would kill the puppies :)) ironic, isn´t it?

• Whyyyyy would you ask this 😫

I would do neither, and instead take something of value to the bloody Satan lool and then once I have my loved one back, I shall either destroy her valuable or forever use it as a leverage... no bitch goes after my loved ones hahah

• Probably the baby, honestly :/ It can be done and finished with a lot quicker.

• The baby.
    Utilitarianism aye!

What if they were Chihuahuas

@madelacroix lol that's a plot twist, but no because according to utilitarianism every perspective needs to be taken into account and, although I'm fairly certain this concept was originally meant to be only applied to humans, if you have a scenario deciding between humans and other animals their lives and perspectives still have to be taken into account on an equal level, hence value of dog life = value of human life, there's no difference to the dog. So of course if you get to decide between 1 or 100 lives who are equally valuable you will go with the 100.

That's why I like utilitarianism in these scenarios, because it completely ignores human arrogance.

• The puppies. Fuck whoever says the baby.

• Baby because having too kill 100 would kill me.

• Puppies. I'm not going to kill a human.

• I love kittens and puppies. . . don't like babies.

I feel awkward around babies and toddlers and probably will do until I have my own if I change my mind and have children. I never said I'd kill babies.

Haw you! I'll huv ye ken I'm no bent, I'm straight. ;p

Ye see, that's whit happens when ye think too much aboot wood workin and metal bending. Lol

• Hmmm. I guess the baby

• I would not kill a human being.

• I would kill them all to get my loved one back.

• I would kill the puppies

• The baby obv. We've already got too many humans anyway. What if that baby was going to grow up as another donald trump? Dogs are loyal, sweet and pure.

@yellowgirl00d so much for being entitled to one´s own opinion without being bullied over it

What do political ideologies/parties have to do with anything here? And girl don't always go with the flow sometimes you gotta go against it or else you'll end up just another random idiot.

@yellowgirl00d since those ideals are what you use to form your opinion, they kinda matter? Going against the flow is good, but what is not good is going against the flow of the future. I think you understand wrong. The flow of the future means the next generations' way of thinking. Evwry generation has another way of thinking and rebels against the old ways. A good way of seeing this is art history, where artists have never conformed to old ideals. Or history in general, where there are new ideologies each and every generation. That flow is not the same as following a crowd, it is thinking openly and continuing the cycle of growth of ideologies.

• This question is so disgusting and shows just how sick many of you are. I cannot even believe how many of you horrible sorry excuses for people would lay hands on a child. Y'all are sick. Absolutely disgusting individuals.

• I would kill satan himself.

• I love puppies... But fuck the puppies. I'm not killing a baby.

whoa, you are supposed to only kill them, not make love to them.

😱😵 OMG so gross!!

oops, I mean
      ... But... But... I love them so much... give me that puppy schlong!! 😈🐕

LOL damn

• I'd rather kill 100 puppies.
    I don't even like them.

• NONE! They are both sooo cute. 😍

• The baby forsure.

• Any, I could kill any.

• Baby, you can kill 1 baby faster than 100 puppies with your bare hands

• Puppies r better

• I don't like baby's but I would never kill ether baby's or puppy's I would kill Satan

• I would rather kill a 100 human babies than 1 puppy

Hitler please.

You're a monster and so is whoever up voted you

@yellowgirl00d You have to learn how to deal with other people's opinnions honey

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Guys Said 31

• This poll's seriously messed up. 53% of people would rather kill the human baby with their bare hands than 100 puppies? And 55% of females to boot? How pitifully low is the value of human life to you people?

Also- since when is Satan a 'she'? And who would trust Satan to deliver on that promise even if you did pick one or the other? Your loved one's as good as dead already. And why would Satan even be challenging you to do this? Why does Satan want the baby and/or the puppies out of the way- are the puppies all going to save lives when they're grown up? Would the human baby grow up to be the one who solves world hunger, cures cancer or brings about world peace? I'd still pick the puppies, because whatever Satan's motives, the baby's life would have the potential to be far more important in the grand scheme of things. And of course, I also value the cost of human life as being greater than $30,000, which would be the actual monetary cost of the 100 Labrador puppies' lives.

• I'll kill the baby. It's less effort than having to kill 100 puppies with my bare hands. Also the average puppy is way cuter than the average baby. 🙈

• Puppies. I don't know how someone could value the life of a dog over a human.

same can be said about the other way around

Sorry, my bad - typo. The world itself doesn't need humans. We do. So it is a selfish choice directed at the preservation of our own species to kill 100 individuals belonging to a different species rather than a single one of ours. :)

Yeah we all make fun of these virgin nerds

• would easily kill the baby over the puppies, animals especially dogs are better more worthy creatures than most humans anyway.

• That's a hard choice, can I choose both?

That would please Satan, yes. You might get a VIP ticket for when you die.

Hope it has A/C , gonna be hell of a ride.

• I love how Satan is a she 😂😂😂 very sly me old chap!

The puppies.

• Easy, the puppies.

• How did Satan become a "she"?
    I would kill/sacrifice the baby to the dark lord while in the center of a burning pentagram. Piercing it's eyes with daggers and puncturing it's brain. I would carve 666 into the baby's forehead.
    Then take the puppies and go play with them because they are fuzzy.

• Slay the baby.
    One casualty < 100 casualties.
    + It's not certain, that this specific human life would be potential, it would highly likely be yet another drug addict or a brawler or a player or a lazy bum or just a worthless pile of flesh like quite some people I know.
    We are also overpopulated.

@JudgmentDay what say you in this situation?

• If anyone said the baby instead of the puppy is a savage prick

• people actually chose kill the baby? wtf

after puppy 20 or so id probably get desensitized and just start spiking them into the ground football style.

• Niether. The baby could be a real life Stewie and one of the puppies could be a real Brian 😛

• kill the puppies

• I would challenge Satan to Mortal Kombat for the audacity to even suggest such a thing..." Satan !! Do you accept my challenge? " Which finishing move would be best for Satan's demise?

• I'm sorry doggos.

• I'll take the baby

Would you torture yourself 1 time or 100 times?
    Would you save 1 life or 100?
    How many animal lives equal 1 human life?

• What kind of puppies,
    I could kill a hundred chihuahaus easy

• Kill the baby, he or she will probably grow up to be an Internet troll.

• As much as I wouldn't want to, I'd kill the puppies.

• The baby.. there are already a lot of redundant people around the world.

• if imma kill 100 puppies what's 1 more? 101!

• Kill the baby, just a poop explosion waiting to happen.

• Lol at people saying puppies or baby. You wouldn't be able to do it unless you are a sick psycho

• Why would Saran be fking with me?

• Females in the USA killed nearly 700,000 babies last year! its not surprising that they would vote A) just as much as B)

by the way, what sick demented question! I choose not to answer! take me instead </3

• Rock a BYE baby!!! You're dead! I love animals more than a baby yes. I love kids and babies but puppies more, I'm sorry.

And I love my girlfriend way to much to let her die.

• Oh no ! Look at the results (at least for now) %55 of people voted for the baby that is a human being. Hey fuck those puppies i would kill all pupies for a human baby ! Human life is valuable !

• let them kill my loved one, i can't be a murderer

• 100>1

baby>dog

@Josht13 There are more dogs though.
      Their lives matter too.

• well its not legal to but babies on the barbecue...

• More from Guys
    1