• Ask
  • myTake

Why do girls like wearing leggings and tights?

Why do y'all like to wear tight clothing? Are you just looking for attention and want show off your body or is there another reason. I want to know the mindset when y'all leave the door wearing leggings?

or is it to drive us all crazy...lol
lol all along I thought yall did it to tease us...:(

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• Leggings and tights are what I wear under a skirt that is just a bit too short so that I have some coverage.I'll also wear them if it is just a bit too cold to wear shorts/skirt and too warm to wear jeans. The only time I wear leggings as pants are when I have a long shirt to cover my bottom and a long cardigan to cover it.I don't do it for attention, I do it because I want to be comfy and I like it.

What Girls Said 22

• I am proud of my body, and love that leggins/tights really show/compliment my physique.

• simple yet true idea; if they look good on u, then why not wear them? :)

• I just like how my legs look when I'm wearing tights. Nothing more complex than that really. I wouldn't say it's for attention, just looks good to me.

• I personally think that guys don't really understand yet that when a girl gets dressed up, it's mostly for herself and not for attention, there is a part of it that is attention, but it's mostly for how she feels in herself.

• They're VERY comfortable. They're loose and they move with you. Personally, I like tight clothing because it's like a perpetual hug. It just feels right on my body. Loose clothing gets in the way.

• Tight clothing is more girlie and you just look better in it. Plus it's more comfortable.

• Phonezoo listed all of the valid points, especially the comfortable point so much more attractive than sweats that's for sure.

• I like the style of tights

• the point of tights for me at least is to either show off my legs more, like if I wear sheer tights with socks and boots or to keep my legs warm like if I'm wearing black leggings with a shirt. either way I find them pretty comfortable and cute.

• sometimes I'm trying to show off, but generally it is because they are comfortable, or because I'm out of other clothing options

• It's comfy & suitable with so many things !

• Because we like to look good, it makes us feel good about ourselves.

• SO comfortable. its like a legal way to wear pjs in public haha

• well I like how I look in them personaly... and I like to be alittle crazy and make boys I really like go insane or if I have a boyfriend at the time or because it goes cute together ^^

• If I wear a dress that's a little on the short side, I wear leggings to cover more skin so I'm not being too revealing.

• My thoughts: I Am So COMFORTABLE!

• I don't really like the style...I just feel like part of the outfit is missing. Like when you see girls wearing just a tunic, thinking it a dress...But it's the fashion right now, so that's what people will wear. And they're comfy, so why not?I don't know, not my thing I guess

• I thought it was cute

• Leggings and tights are actually more comfortable than looser pants to ME. That and I just like how I look in them. It's not for dudes, haha.

• I like wearing dresses, but I'm in England and weather is too unpredictable for you to go out without tights lol. Plus high street clothes dresses are normally too short. I don't find tights modest enough. They makes me feel self conscious, especially with the short highstreet dresses. If I wear a dress with leggins, I know they won't be see-through and will be half way between trousers and tights. That way, you can wear a dress that falls half way up your thigh lol

• they make my ass look good ;) haha

• Because the majority of the year it's too cold to wear shorts or skirt or dress with bare legs. I didn't think guys were fans of leggings and tights.

• They show off the butt I worked so hard to tone!

• IF you worked so hard to earn something...why would you hide it?Simple idea but it makes sense. Once I started getting in better shape (and I steadily am still improving), I did take more notice in how certain shirts flatter my physique. :)

• Not at all, I wear leggings because they are comfy and cute. Guys, girls don't just wear leggings and tight clothes for you. GET OVER YOURSELF

• well kiss the nerd explained everything it is true

What Guys Said 8

• idk but I love when they do!

• Because they can swear what ever they want

• *wear

• 11d

Because there warm and really comfy and go wel with anything

• im sure they're comfortable

• Fashion. It's the new craze to wear leggings, tights and yoga pants out in public. That's just what is in.Comfort. Jeans can get kind of annoying and skirts and dresses can be a bit dangerous. So they resort to the comfort of the leggings and tights/yoga pants, the material they're made of is more breathable etc..Attention, they like when men look at them but not stared at. They know we like seeing them in them but that doesn't mean we should just stare, at least have the decency to talk to them.Cheap. They are relatively inexpensive, especially the non name brand stuff. Jeans can get pretty pricey (even non brand) and so can dresses/skirts..That about does itThe only other reason why they probably might do it, is basically, to piss you off

• I will say though that of course not all women do this. Only the women who prefer it, do

• Thank goodness for the hot ones who do!

• Must be comfortable, cos they don't look good (in my opinion at least). Well leggings are OK I guess

• beacause they think it makes their legs and butt look good along with it being comfy