Arab Muslim guys!!! Are us non Muslim girls are just for practice?

I'm really attracted to Arab guys because, not to generalize, but they tend to be exceedingly more respectful than a lot of other guys. Not just that but they are very hot and I'm so intrigued by the culture. I've seen a lot of hot Arab guys with American girlfriends or girlfriends who aren't Arab Muslims, but I keep hearing not to take them seriously or get attached because they will not marry a non Muslim girl or take her very seriously. In most cases, they won't let her anywhere near their friends and family! That's very insulting! I heard one story about a woman who fell in love with an Arab man, she traveled with he and his family, they loved her, until he proposed. That's so f***ed up! It just really sucks because I would consider having a serious relationship with an Arab guy and it's pretty disheartening to think that most of them wouldn't reciprocate that. I mean I know there are bad apples in every group, but I don't know there's just something about a lot of Arab guys that I've met. I really love how a lot of them were raised to treat women like queens. I think it's very admirable how family oriented they often are because that's something that's a huge missing part of my life so I'm drawn to that.

Anyway, I'm just wanting some feedback about this. Arab guys, is this true? Be honest. What do you think? How do you genuinely feel? Arab girls, your advice or thoughts are very welcomed as well. Any girl who's ever dated an Arab, what was your experience like?

Any female would feel like sh*t if she prusued a relationship with a guy who shows the behavior knowmeyourself mentions, fell for him, gave into her sexual desires and chose to sexually please him, only for him to feel that she's disposable! Especially if she got really attached. That would be heartbreaking!

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

What Girls Said 9

What Guys Said 11

• Selected as most helpful

I'm Egyptian who lives in Egypt :)

Ok. I'll try to make myself clear for you to understand. I love our culture, traditions and religion but it is true that Arab girls treat different girls...differently.

Arab men have this double standardism in everything and they certainly admit it by the way. That's how they were raised to become. They might be very charming, successful, intelligent, fashionable, etc..but have this stupid concepts when it comes to women. Maybe it's because of the conservative culture we live in (Egypt is very moderate but still not open as US, Europe, etc..). The following doesn't imply on all Arab guys but certainly the majority:

Arab guys treat conservative, cute, religious, etc.. girls in a good manner. They don't play with them because they see them as marriage material. So, if they want to play they stay away from them. On the other hand, if a girl is playful hot flirty etc.. they have no problem fooling around with her.

Arab guys (and believe me because I'm an Arab) tend to think that non-Arab girls (& sometimes non-their country's girls) are "easy" material who keep their vaginas ready for them! Is it true? Ofcourse not. But you're asking for what they think. I know many friends who live now in America, Canada, England, etc..who talks sh*t about girls. I don't like that & I attak them when they do. There's this guy (who's considered a decent guy here) told me once (he wanted to marry me but I knew he was fooling around while he was in America) that it was nothing. He was just fooling around & that they're nothing. Just for pleasure but once he thinks about marriage he'll never consider them.

Honey, I hope I made myself clear. Arab men can seem so charming because they're warm, considerate, emotional, ...but that isn't the reality. It's just a way to get onto your lips or bed. A true Arab man when married controls his wife, let her raise the kids by herself, clean the house, ...while he doeswhat he wants with the excuse that he brings money home! Arab men suffer high levels of double standardism so I don't think charming is the word.

I hope I helped :)

• To the Anonymous user who claims to be from Egypt,

come one, just because you are such a self-hating Arab who had bad experience, you can't generalize all Arab men that way, do you have any idea how cheesy and biased you sound?

I'm sure you are married to an Arab man yourself! So stop complaining, because no one is perfect, but you bet Arab men are fairly good men, on average.

At least Arab men have family values and are loyal to their wives.

• honey I'm an egyptian as well and you just generalized arab men ..in fact they are not all the way you described them as controlling, lets the wife raise the kids alone etc ..maybe the arab men you have been around are like this but do not generalize because I barely see any arab men like that anymore. although I do agree with you on your point that they usually mess around with non arab girls because they "assume" they can get them in bed right away

• You shouldn't care about stereotypes anyway :) I am a proud Egyptian and a proud Muslim so I don't really care. If a girl follows some stupid stereotype, she's not worth it. We're good people but ofcourse there are some cultural flaws going on.

• Show Older
  • 20min

It's understandable if their family (the wealthy ones) have total control of their destiny (arranged marriage deals) and having a non muslim marry into the family won't gel so well with their family since they don't know arabic to communicate with them.

• 31min

I am a Chinese girl.I recently met an Saudi Arabian guy in college. He is really nice and always buys me food. He is such a gentleman and nothing like chinese guys. He would open the door for me, pull my chair etc etc. We make out once in his car and give our first kiss to each other but never had sex.

He did confessed his love to me but I just didn't feel the same way. But we still hang out a lot. He told me all about himself and his family. I even met some of his friends and they are really nice.

Now here is the thing, he live at the hostel and I went to his room once. Me and him alone in the room. I sat on his bed all the time. And hear this he didn't do anything inappropriate to me. He just sat on his work table and hardly get near the bed. I know I must be so lucky to met him because if its any other guys, I will lose my virginity by now.

Sometimes we would go to his car at the empty parking lot. And listen, he never tried to touch me or anything even if we are alone.

I know he wanted us to kiss again because he been hinting it a lot and even ask me outright. I said no many times and he just listen to me and didn't argue. He never force kiss me or anything.

I couldn't say it for all Arabian guys out there. He is the first arabian guy I met. What I wanted to say is, they may be all Arabs but we certainly cannot generalize all Arab men. They maybe Arab but they have different upbringing and personalities.

We cannot judge a person by its race alone. I am Chinese and I can certainly tell you that there are also tons of chinese guys who are heartless and use woman for sex

• Happen to me. 5yrs I dated him. We were friends from age 13. started dating age 22. he put me through so much I love them so much. He fooled me over and over. then he up and left to go to India to find a wife I never told me anything. he degraded me with his words, cheated on me hit me. without a sleep on the phone every day for four and a half years. then he just insulted me so badly and left. telling me to kill myself. to walk into a gun range in just put a bullet in my head. I wake up in the middle of the night with my core aching in pain for him. I feel as though he's broken my soul and my spirit. he told me such horrible things and then said thank you for the practice sexual practice. then told me how much he cheated on me and let me taste of the girls off of him without telling me. I was humiliated disgusted I really just wanted to die. all that I thought was real was not. I really was just a practice girlfriend for him that he used and disposed.

• Hey I live in Holland and I dated a few Moroccans, 5paki men, aTunesian, a Iraqi, couple of Egyptian men and 4 Somali men,

I love Arab men and I'm not to good in relationships in general and neither were they actually. I had a lot of fun with them and they are very passionate and cute and manly dominant(in a good way) but they will end up choosing for a Muslima.

They just want a good time with us western girls

• i myself fell into an arab man. As you said, they were treating me like a queen. But we end up nowhere.and I have to always forgive him when he messes around with other girls.so painful.I can't do anyting except forgiving him. I am trapped.

• what country are you two from?

• Will do that. Just still thinking where to start. The situation is too complicated for me. Wish me luck. My advice to others, be careful with sweet and convincing words. It looked true. Believe me, it's not. They are easily saying 'I swear to Allah' which we (in our country) never say it unless it's true.

• oh my gosh! I'm so sorry! That was insensitive for me to say! Why can't you just divorce him? It's your life that you have to live with; don't let him taint it with his bullsh*t!

• Show Older
  • Your explanation has personally happened to me. My advice is to keep Arab guys as friends, but never let them into your bed.

• oh no! I'm so sorry to hear that! Please share your experience?

• Who said that Arab men can't marry non-Muslim girls?! Dear, I'm a Muslim Arabic girl.. in our religion it's OK for the guy to marry a non-Muslim girl!

If he loves her he can marry her.. no one will prevent him..

Our neigbour is a Muslim Arabic guy but he has married a non-Muslim woman and they're happy together!

But some guys can't disobey their parents if they refuse the marriage.. and prefer their parents are satisfied more than anything else!... they tend to choose to marry the girl that his parents approves to marry her because some families don't accept their son to marry any girl, unless they are satisfied with her and think she's good for him! Even if she's a Muslim and Arabic!

But that doesn't mean that Arab guys are just fooling around.. not all of them... most of them (especially those who appreciate their religion) are respectful and treat the woman as a queen, especially if they see that the girl respects herself first...! ^^

• Knowmeyourself is 100% right! My mom was born in Algeria and grew up there during most of her childhood. My mom is European (Italian). My mom knows the way Arab men think. Growing up the Algerian women were not even allowed to go to the cafes. I asked Knowmeyourself for her opinion on an Egyptian man that I befriended, and she gave the same exact advice she's giving you. As I think about what she said, I remembered he said, "I like to play games." I don't think so, I hate playing games. Without mentioning he comment about games Knowmeyourself said the same exact words (play games).

What this all comes down to is, do you mind being held to a double standard? Do you mind being controlled in a relationship?

• Hvis standarder er gode, dobbeltmoral er dobbelt saa godt. (Danish saying: if standards are good, double standards are twice as good)

• You're taking this personally, and you're not even an Arab man. You are CANADIAN! Your friends are Candians that act like kids there age do. I'm sorry about what happened. Also, I know about women not being able to marry non-Muslim men. My cousins are Muslim, I know a lot about the religion. But this is not a religion debate, you have to understand that. This is a culture debate. A culture you know nothing about because you don't live there.

• when someone tries to get involved between two couples. I expreienced it through good friends and I didn't like it. The arab girl often gets jealous because she can be friends with a guy for a long time through grade school even and see him as one of the rare arab guys they can trust and maybe end up together but can't take it when they see him with someone else (thats referring precisely to the situation with my friends) so the rumours begins.

• Show Older
  • 13min

All i can say is BLEEEEHHHHH...
    This is not arab guy's fault, it's your fault for being weak in Love then cried later on.
    Let me repeat of my self.

BLEEEHHHHH!!!... :P

• Okay, first of all thanks for presenting your honest views about Arab men, and for opening this discussion about what's good and bad about Arab men.

To get to the point, Arab men are culturally programmed to act in a certain way:

step 1- meet an attractive women

step 2- meet the woman's family

step 3- get engaged to that woman for a short period

step 4- get married

step 5- have children and make a little family.

So basically Arab men have one goal: to get married.

The problem with marrying women from different culture is simply:

- the language (sometimes family members don't speak English)

- religion: some men want their wives to be Muslim

- geography: sometimes men work in foreign country, but want to go back home.

So, you see, it's complicated.

-------------- ------------------ ----------------

Here's a real-life case, a happy American woman married to Arab man:

The Arab/American Marriage

link

------------------ -------------------- ------------------

And BTW, I've met many beautiful and intelligent American woman who are marriage material, and if I find one of them is good for me, I will marry her and will treat her like a princess. And will let her tell you about her experience with a typical Arab man.

• I'm an Arab American, originally from Palestine, and I know this question was asked over a year ago, but I want to discourage the current and future female readers of this page to disregard a majority of the negative perceptions of Arab men that they may have read on this page or on some other website or heard from a female or male friend of theirs, unless you've come face to face and have actually conversed with an Arab person (whether male or female) on this subject matter. Everyone else purporting to have insightful information on Arab males, are potentially not even of Arab origin themselves, this is especially true of those intolerant and ignorant belligerents posing as such.

With regards to your two prominent inquires, "are non-Muslim women 'practice'" and "would an Arab Muslim male marry a non-Muslim female," obviously it depends on the individual Arab Muslim. I'll answer both questions at once, for me, it would apparently be dependent on whether I felt an affinity with her beyond the physical attributes and characteristics. If my inner self did desire to bond with hers for the remainder of my human life (life on earth), then I'd vividly want her as my wife, and I, as her husband. Again, this is solely me, but I'd also want her to convert to Islam. For some males, Muslim and non-Muslim, this is essential. For others, it isn't. For me, it is. It's not required that she be Muslim initially, before the relationship has progressed into the advanced stages, but ultimately, I personally would want her to convert, on her own will of course. And if she refused to convert, and it was vital to me that she did (which it is), then I'd assess the situation and move from there.

• Muslim man is allowed to marry a women of heaven-sent religions (Muslim or Jewish or Christian woman) as long as she has faith in the one and only one God. He is not allowed to marry woman/girl of non-heaven sent religions. However, if man has concern that the children will be influenced to be other than Muslim if he marries Jewish or Christian woman, then he should not do it. The children have to be Muslims by religion and should be raised according to Islam religion. The answer below is not much different.

So! Cannot marry until the non-Muslim accepts Islam and convert to Islam if the non-Muslim is not Jewish or Christian (called People of the Book). According to Quran, Woman from, 'People of Book' is allowed for marriage with a Muslim man without converting to Islam religion.

• im tunisien , this is my Facebook if you want to know more about arab guys

Facebook. com /lahouar. oussama

• It depends on the country he is from and more on the individual as always. A lot of middle eastern countries are so dramatically different from one another that one can have more in common with a western country.

• Hate to say it but yeah

Arab guys just go around with other girls but at the end they know they are going to break up with whatever girl and just get with a a girl

When this happens I feel REALLY bad for the girl because she doesn't know about all the things the guy did before they got together and she thinks he is a nice guy but he really isn't =/

• I'm glad you two are no longer seeing each other.

Now you can find some good guys to date =)

You deserve better

• :) thanks, yeah the guy I dated stoped seeing me because I wouldn't put out.

• Yeah, like KnowMeYourself says, they start out charming, sweet, and respectful but then change cause they just want to get laid.

but it's also important to remember that not all rich Arab guys are like this

btw I made myself non-anonymous so if you need any help in the future. I'm here

• Show Older
  • I don't know about the rumours I am hearing but I am Egyptian Canadian and here are some facts. I don't care about the religion of a girl or where she comes from. I am not looking for any flings. I know some arab guys have a bad reputation but you can't know unless you try for your self. I have heard some that some arab girls hate on Egyptian guys out of jealousy. My friend was in a long-term relationship with a girl and they were going to get married. His stupid egyptian female friend kept telling the white Canadian the same kind of stuff you are saying. Although that's not why they split up, he was very annoyed about the rumors that the egyptian girl was spreaading. Here are some facts to clear things up. My brothers best friend is married to a white Canadian. My cousin just married a white Canadian this summer. My other cousin who is actually 100% Egyptian lives in Germany. He has been married to a white-german girl for over 5 years and they have a very cute little daughter. I have met them quite a few times and they seem like a very happy family. I honestly don't care about a girl's religion, cultural/racial background or whatever. All of these comments from girls who claim to be arab though just remind me that being with an arab girl is probably the least thing that is likely to happen.

• I can imagine it sucking even more for them because unlike me, they can't just go date outside of their ethnicity! They kind a have to choose from the scraps. Pick whoever is left that is an option for them while so many wonderful Arab men date and marry women who are nothing like them

• she kinda just gave out this vibe like "well damn what's wrong with us Arab girls? why not be with us? why are they with other races but not us?" I'd feel a bit insecure like "well damn what's wrong with me? why not choose me considering I'm more familiar with the culture and religion?" I mean who wouldn't? I can kind of relate because I felt like that temporarily when black men started praising every other group of women other than black women. It feels like sh*t.

• Honestly though, even if that's true, I can see it from the Muslim girl's point of view. How would you feel if you were only allowed to marry a certain group of guys and so many of them were choosing to marry a girl who's not even Muslim? It probably makes them feel a bit rejected. I'm friends with a girl from Pakistan who has a huge crush on this Kuwaiti guy but expressed frustration because he was so into white girls. I could sense she felt bad when I told her I dated a Kuwaiti guy because...

• Show Older
  • NO excuse me but you are so wrong because the Arabic guy can marry girl who is not in the same religion and that is OK in Islam and that happens all the time lots of arab guys I know in person marry non arabic girls

and I am sorry but this is the fact

• dont worry pharaoh, I explained everything in my answer :)

• MrNameless, yeah I know not all Middle Easterns and Arabs are Muslims. This question is directored towards ones who are

• She's asking about the mentality & culture..not should & shouldn't in the religion :/

A Muslim man can marry a girl of any religion but a Muslim woman can only marry a Muslim man.

• Show Older
  • Religion is an individual thing (atleast it should be) so a lot of people from the same religions will have varying degrees of religiousness, some of them might think like this, some won't, you can't prejudge everyone under one group

• omg I knew somebody would come here with this typical, annoying answer. I did not say that every single Arab guy on Earth is like this. I'm just saying, for those who are, I'd like to know how they think.

• Well Arab guys are allowed to date a non Muslim/arab, that is accepted. I think its only under the condition that the girl still convert to islam though but they deffinitly can date out. Muslim girls are restricted to only marrying Muslim guys