When men say "I Love You" do they really mean it??

My boyfriend used to say " I love you" all the time but now I feel like I am the one who says it first. I was just curious if men lie when they say these words or do they really mean it and I should take it at face value?

Most Helpful Girl

• its hard to say...some guys rarely ever use that phrase at all so when they do say it to someone, they really mean it, whereas other outgoing guys who are social and like to talk, say I love you to female friends and all sorts of people in their daily life, and with them it'd be harder to decipher if they mean it or not and in that case you have to study their actions and behavior around you.

GAG Video of the Day

Would you date someone younger/older/married?

What Guys Said 10

• Sometimes they mean it. Sometimes they don't. Actions speak louder than words.

• It depends on the guy. I've never told any of my friends I love them, even my past 2 girlfriends I've never said it because it wasn't to where I asked them out but it just kind of happened (not sure how so don't ask.) But I do plan to say it to my friend at her prom in May because I do mean it. So for me its only if I ever mean it.

• he should say it but live it act like it and show you how much you mean to him than after some time and fight ups nd downs and there still with you and they say they love you then they mean it

• ohh yeah girl look here when I said I love yo. Did you think I meant it or not? ;)

• depends on there tone or how they say it. I say it to my girlfriend ever day a few times a day for the past 4 years, and ill continue saying because that's how I feel.

More from Guys
5

What Girls Said 10

• I'm sure some men do lie, but it doesn't necessarily mean your boyfriend is lying.

For example, I usually say " I love you" more to my boyfriend than he does to me. Do I think he doesn't love me? Absolutely not. You may just be more affectionate verbally than your boyfriend and it's also possible that he's affectionate in ways that you're not noticing.

If it's bothering you too much, talk to him about it.

• Depends on the guy.

• Actions speak louder than words and is not what you said,but how you say it..so to say I love you has meaning in the actions and the way they say it..but ill say more actions..is hard to hear a guy say that..mmhmm..

• Actions speak louder than words. If he's actions are showing you, what's the problem. Yeah, we all NEED to hear it every now and then but it shouldn't be something you're keeping score on. First and for most, he can't read your mind and if you haven't told him that you need to hear it a little more often, start there and see where it goes.

• of course

• Of course men lie? OR of Course take it at face value?

More from Girls
5