What to do if your boyfriend takes you for granted?

My boyfriend has been a bit distant lately and he still spends the two days he has off with me, but he'll play games while I'm around leaving me alone to watch tv, during the week he'll sometimes goes two days a week without contacting me so I feel I need to do something to make things interesting again...

I was thinking saying I'm really busy with uni right now so I can't see him this week at all, leaving him today till next week wed to see me...

what other options should I take and when should I go easy on him again? I'm a bit confused but still love him, I just think we need to make things interesting again (in a non-sexual way since I already want more sex than him anyways).

he still is nice, he introduced me to all his friends, even to his grandpa on Sat and was making out and everything at the party with me and danced with me, but I felt it was all for the attention of his friends. He does compliment me that I'm beautiful and have a great smile, but usually after sex or before he wants it...I just feel like he does spend time with me during the two days off he has, but lately I just have the feeling he seems bored, especially since he's been making comments of other women on TV about being hot every 2 seconds...

I have been a bit slack with him, changing my profile picture to one on my own instead of the two of us together, and saying I can't be with him his two days off this week because of working with a group of people on a project for uni...

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• Your best bet would be having a few girlie nights out, this will show him that you have a life without him and he will think that while your out that there's pottential competition for you, and when he asks why you are out more and don't see him as often, let him know that when he is round he doesn't want to do anything apart from play games, this should spur him into doing more things with you, and it also helps any trust issues if any, so arrange a girlie night out on a day you see him, and see what his reactions start to be, if he gets annoyed to start, then its already working, but it won't take him long before he wants you to himself again lol, good luck,x

What Guys Said 2

• Being distant and being taken for granted are very different things. I would take it as a compliment if my girlfriend took it for granted that I'd be there for here anytime she needed me. It sounds like you're the one who's not taking him for granted, thinking everything will fall apart at the slightest sign of boredom. Things like this are normal in most relationships when two people settle in and act more relaxed around each other. What matters after that is how you counter the boredom.

Rather than acting distant yourself you need to actually talk to him about your feelings, plan a date with him or something, it doesn't have to be any more complicated than that.

• You ditch his ass, just like how you ditch everyone else who takes you for granted.

What Girls Said 3

• Find something else to occupy your time other than him. stop making him #1 priority and focus on other things. you probably spend too much time together and things are gettng stale. so see less of him and spend more time doing other things.

• Break up.

• If he's talking about other women being hot and not treating you properly as a girlfriend then sit down with him and talk about it! I know its tempting to just turn it around and do it back to him but that won't get you anywhere in the long run, its not healthy. Sit down with him and ask him if he's not happy with the relationship anymore. Explain that he ignores you and you don't feel he's appreciating you. If he cares for you he will make the effort to change, sometimes they just need to understand what they are doing wrong. If he makes light of the situation and ignores your needs then walk. You deserve someone whos going to make the same effort as you.