• Ask
  • myTake

What to do if your boyfriend takes you for granted?

My boyfriend has been a bit distant lately and he still spends the two days he has off with me, but he'll play games while I'm around leaving me... Show More

Most Helpful Opinion

• Your best bet would be having a few girlie nights out, this will show him that you have a life without him and he will think that while your out that there's pottential competition for you, and when he asks why you are out more and don't see him as often, let him know that when he is round he doesn't want to do anything apart from play games, this should spur him into doing more things with you, and it also helps any trust issues if any, so arrange a girlie night out on a day you see him, and see what his reactions start to be, if he gets annoyed to start, then its already working, but it won't take him long before he wants you to himself again lol, good luck,x

What Guys Said 3

• You ditch his ass, just like how you ditch everyone else who takes you for granted.

• Being distant and being taken for granted are very different things. I would take it as a compliment if my girlfriend took it for granted that I'd be there for here anytime she needed me. It sounds like you're the one who's not taking him for granted, thinking everything will fall apart at the slightest sign of boredom. Things like this are normal in most relationships when two people settle in and act more relaxed around each other. What matters after that is how you counter the boredom.Rather than acting distant yourself you need to actually talk to him about your feelings, plan a date with him or something, it doesn't have to be any more complicated than that.

What Girls Said 3

• Find something else to occupy your time other than him. stop making him #1 priority and focus on other things. you probably spend too much time together and things are gettng stale. so see less of him and spend more time doing other things.

• Break up.

• If he's talking about other women being hot and not treating you properly as a girlfriend then sit down with him and talk about it! I know its tempting to just turn it around and do it back to him but that won't get you anywhere in the long run, its not healthy. Sit down with him and ask him if he's not happy with the relationship anymore. Explain that he ignores you and you don't feel he's appreciating you. If he cares for you he will make the effort to change, sometimes they just need to understand what they are doing wrong. If he makes light of the situation and ignores your needs then walk. You deserve someone whos going to make the same effort as you.