The Hypocrisy on Both Sides of the Political Spectrum

The election is finally over. Thank god. At least for me, I have mended relationships with people who voted differently. One saying that is being thrown is that we need together. That's definitely not happening. People are constantly saying the opposite party are full of idiots but get offended when you call them an idiot. Yes I am speaking from personal experience from this same day actually.

I think I know the problem. People care more about being right and saving the day rather than the day actually being saved. Why do you think Obamacare was called OBAMAcare? Emphasis on obama. Because if it worked, the democrats wanted people to remember they saved the day. Don't worry republicans you're not missing out. Why do you think trumpcare is called TRUMPcare? Same reason Obamacare is called Obamacare.

Republicans you won won the election. Now it's time to move on. There is a certain user on here that acts like Trump is a godsend and if anyone even questions Trump or his administration, they say, "oh you're just upset because of the election results." That's not it all. You guys won. Everyone knows it. Now shut the hell up stop being hung up on the past. And think of a plan. I'm sure she's not the only conservative or republican that does that. Democrats and liberals, you're still on my shit list because you're corrupt as hell. Seriously people do you want to make 1984 real? Because this is how it starts. Actually it kind of already has.

If you really want to be united, you need to see things from the opposite point of view. Republicans, if you want to be united you need to acknowledge that everyone should always question authority and that democrats have real concerns that they are terrified about. For example, I just got into Nursing school (woohoo go me! 🎉🎊) The last thing I need is to get pregnant. Is Mike Pence going to take away birth control or just make the prices soar through the roof? I don't want my employer paying for my birth control because it's no ones business but mine. But I want the price to be reasonable. Democrats, acknowledge that trump won. Maybe if the DNC wasn't corrupt as hell, things could've gone your way. Instead of trying to make him fail, you need to help. You better hope he doesn't fail. Because if he fails, we all fail.

Fuck all of your political labels. I was an independent when I first registered because I felt neither party fit me. I have traditional beliefs at all. I don't want children ever. I'm stocking up on birth control and emergency contraceptives because I'm terrified of mike pence. (Seriously does it hurt what is left of his soul that's made of devil spawn when he laughs or looks in the mirror?) But I also believe in a free market and that what people do is not the governments business. So long as it doesn't harm others. Later, I had to switch political affiliation to vote for my candidate. I'm going to change my political affiliation back to independent.

#khaleesiout

By the way, Medici: Masters of Florence is a great show. I feel like it's a parallel universe if Rob Stark did marry the Frey girl. The whole first season is on Netflix and it has been renewed for a second season. Plus Richard Madden is in it. His eyes are gorgeous. Now here's a picture of Richard Madden to calm you down.

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit
Sponsored

What Guys Said 23

• I'm sorry but that first meme or graphic or whatever you call it is extremely inaccurate. Neither is fascism a progression (further right) than Nazism, nor is anarchism a progression (further left) than communism.
    Nazism (more accurately: national socialism) is one form of fascism. While they have lots of things in common, the main difference is that nazism was an invention by the Germans and its main focus was race whereas "traditional" Italian fascism focused on the corporative nature of the state.
    Anarchism is simply a form of government and says absolutely nothing whatsoever about the political views of its supporters. Traditionally, anarchism was something on the left spectrum (think: Bakunin). However, today there exist also lots of right-wing forms of anarchist ideals. For example what the tea party in America believes is essentially right-wing anarchism.
    Finally, communism is even more diverse than anarchism. Like anarchism, communism is mostly a form of government (a form of economics, to be completely correct). Throughout the history of communism, there have been tons of dramatically different ideologies and viewpoints. For example throwing somebody like Stalin in the same pot with Rosa Luxemburg is like putting Hitler on the same level with the Pope based on the fact that they're both catholics. Even within the same country, there were sometimes significant differences of communist ideology, for example between Stalin and Trotsky.

So, I don't know where you got that thing but who ever compiled it is an idiot and doesn't know anything about politics (left or right).

• the medici show is solid. a little dramatic in terms of the personal relationships (but not surprising since it is television and doesn't take away from the overall quality) it is very accurate in terms of his political dealings and the people he interacted with... very excited for the second season

• Yes I totally agree. I am very excited for the second season. I agree with you about the personal relationships. I think it reveals more about the characters but it doesn't run the show.

• you are right it does help to add depth to understanding about the characters.

• Who is richard madden

• Rob stark from game of thrones. He's in a new show called Medici. I think it's like a parallel universe if rob married Walder Freys daughter.

• "Just like how Cleopatra killed herself when she realized that she'd been defeated and didn't want to be paraded through the streets of Rome."
      Actually suicide was actually very common for the upper classes back then, it was that or dishonor

• True and that's where cersei is headed. Especially if she knows she won't be able to get her revenge. She is very arrogant I can see her killing herself. Plus she has nothing to live for. Her children are dead and Jaime hates her for it.

• The general message of this post is nice, but is undercut by a few things.

1) It is possible to have anarchistic right - that refers to the right libertarian movement. The problem is the graphic condenses political thought down to one dimension - when instead it exists on two. Econ / Social Policy (Classical Left vs. Right) and Centralization (Authoritarianism vs. Anarchism / Libertarian)

2) It was the Republican's that originally coined The Affordable Care Act as Obamacare since their base despised Obama. Obama just decided to stop fighting it after a while.

• Wow I was gonna try to point that out but you explained it better than I ever could.

• I know there's a problem with the picture but that's the best that google had.

• This take sucks!!! Not cause I don't think you're right, but you didn't go hard enough. If I had the motivation to write such a take (and I've thought about it), I would've dropped some hammers and chew all y'all fuckers out 😂 You held back too much in my opinion

• No I'm too lazy. And I've just started Medici: masters of Florence. You can continue it though

• Nah. I'm also too lazy. Seems we're at an impasse 😱... I might start that show. I got others that are on my plate right now

• Step 1 is to see the fraud of both parties. Then you have to start thinking about why that is.

• Maybe when the people realise that elections are pretty much rigged 10-20 years+ in advance, that Hilary nor Trump (nor Obama or any western political 'leader') are there to serve anything but the people; then maybe, just maybe, as the poster rightfully claims, that 'mainstream' politics can then cease to be such a god awful farce...
    A little tip... Itd serve the average joe well to look into the federal reserve, learn and understand the nature of fractional reserve banking and the financial usury that all social classes (bar the poltico-banking elite cartel) have been subject to. Then you'll all realise why politics is such a sanitised, elusive joke...
    Oh and by the way, that illustration of the poltical spectrum is very misleading... In terms of 'left and right', Hitler was very much a leftist...

• The graphic used with the piece shows, once again, that most people have no idea that the National Socialist German Workers' Party was an organisation of the extreme left, not the right.
    That was how the NSDAP government was able to get so cozy with Stalin's Soviet Union for so long.

• I literally picked the first one on google to use as a cover. It's meaning is obsolete at least to me.

• 6d

I think the Democratic party is honestly frightened for the safety of the country. The man is insane and we're talking about the highest office with no democrat majority to really check him.

• 6d

That's what I am really afraid of. The bills the republicans are proposing are insane. One republican wants to take away overtime pay.

• 4d

watch The Young Pope on HBO. Jude Law NAILS the attitude of Trump perfectly. It's astounding.

• 4d

Thanks I've been looking for a new show to watch.

• To the people claiming that the Nazis were left wing: Wrong.

It's just an idea cooked up by right wingers tired of being called Nazis (even though their party is the one supported by Neo-Nazis). I challenge you to find anybody who was an adult at the time of WW2 arguing that the Nazis were left wing.

• Finally. I knew they were right wing. It makes sense. Saying alt-right is just a politically correct way to say neo-nazi.

• 4d

@dudeman That doesn't even make sense.

• 4d

makes perfect sense. naziz were left wing. the left still pushes for the same shit.

• I agree, both sides are just as crooked and fucked as the other

• 5d
  • 7d

Anarchism is the belief that the government is inherently evil and that only through a mutual and voluntary basis can we truly achi

• 7d

Achieve freedom and economic growth. Not to mention any law or regulation that demoralized or oppressed anyone is against our individual human rights.

• I'm all about freedom of choice. Unfortunately, I can't free you from consequences. I see less and less benefits of birth control with each passing year. Except it gives girls and parents an excuse not to educate daughters to exercise better judgement, to purposefully alter your chemistry so that it dulls your senses allowing you to sleep with essentially people outside of your natural preferences, and making women more promiscuous in general. Mike Pence, cares more about women's health than women do, sadly. You can argue with me about this as much as you want. His religious beliefs may be stupid, but his causes are backed by scientific evidence.

Guys need their a**es whipped into shape too. Their work ethics are s*** and their respect and confidence levels with women are in the gutter.

• "I'm all about freedom of choice." *continues to write an entire paragraph that is a schlock full of bulshit and completely contradicts your point* Mike pence doesn't believe in science. Would it piss you off if I told you I have no intentions on ever having children? I am a virgin and have no intentions on having sex. Not that it's any of your business. You may not see a point to birth control but I do. I don't give a shit about you.

• Probably the worse political spectrum i've ever seen... I see why people throw around the term "Nazi" all the damned time... no one has a clue what it means.

• That's nice. The door is over there. It's the wooden thing with a knob.

• Ah millennials...

• If I had a dollar for every time a baby boomer said that, I could pay for my college in the economy that your generation ruined. Are you just saying that because I disagree with you or do you say that to all millennials?

• I love this article

• Have you ever noticed why there are no anarchist parties or regimes? Because anarchism is not and has never been in the political spectrum. Anarchists reject all hierarchy so a political party is against their philosophy. Anarachism is not on the left of the political spectrum. People who think it is have never read a single piece of anarchist literature whatsoever.

• HOLY SHIT THERE"S A SHOW ON THE MEDICI?

• Yes and it's an amazing show. It also got renewed for a second season!

• Sorry, not Philip, it was Henri II.

What is the premise of the show?

• It's set in 15th century Florence. The protagonist, Cosimo was elected head of the Florentine republic. He also inherited the bank of Medici from his father who was poisoned under mysterious circumstances. It was originally broadcast in Italy but now it's available on Netflix in English.

• Just a rant of 19 year old anarchist believing in nothing. Just eat and drink, piss, shit and fuck. What a life.

• 5d

id put anarchy on the right and nazi monarchy and fascism on the left.

• 5d

nah you got it wrong. if you want to be united liberals need to understand that america is done with their shit.

• More from Guys
    3

What Girls Said 8

• The Republican party is based on questioning authority due to wanting small government. We also appreciate the 2nd amendment due to possible government tyranny.
    I shouldn't say "we," I'm Libertarian.
    You really should talk about how republicans say they want small government but when gay marriage is brought up they get upset and suddenly want the government to regulate marriage. Republicans also have this tendency of
    Democrats need to stop acting like they're the moral compass of the universe and doing everything based off kindness alone. Do you know how many gay flags I saw during this election. It happened. There is equality now. Trump or Pence aren't going to change it anymore. Trump supports gay marriage actually. You can't police their own personal beliefs on the subject. That is thought policing.
    Republicans aren't really for small government, they want small government when it's good for them.
    Democrats just wan't to be seen as the "good guys" and ignore other issues so they can feel morally superior. It's really annoying when you're on the most liberal college campus on your state and EVERYONE talks down to you. They're accepting until you tell them you voted third party. The whole morality thing then conveniently goes away.

• oops. *Republicans also have this tendency of pretending like they're all about being efficient, but really their efficiency can also lead us to throw away our morality and what is best of us only for this cause. Yet usually this is the fault of labor unions that force efficiency into something that can only be obtained through immoral actions.

• Trump supporters just want something done. A lot of my really smart Libertarian friends liked him because he builds morale. Of course there isn't gonna be a wall! That would not work. But it gets dumb people to vote for him. Trump is actually pretty smart. He knows he doesn't have to be likable to get votes, and he knows what'll stick. The fact that Trump isn't liked appeals to the Republican party because, well, they aren't liked!
      Trump appeals to the anger that Republicans have been feeling for awhile now. Hollywood used to be quite conservative. Now we have Meryl Streep pretending like she knows crap. We have Google and their liberal commercials, we have Facebook friends telling us "Fuck you."
      Trump has the possibility for change. Not the "Hope and Change" Obama preached, but real change. Change in how the Republican party is viewed and how our country is recognized. Change in how people approach the Republican party.
      And I don't like Trump, but boy am I excited to see what happens.

• He definitely knew how to play them. Of course it did help that democrats underestimated the people that voted for him. I can remember a teacher in Government from high school predicting that it will be an interesting election because people are angry. He was totally right. A lot of people are saying trump is more democratic than people know. It will be an interesting term trump will have.

• i do not label myself as conservative nor liberal. i observe the situation and history, gather as much data as i can from neutral sources and determine what would be the next best step.

i have been attacked by a few disgruntled liberal democrat users on here accusing me of supporting who i support for sexual reasons and i laughed because it couldn't have been further from the truth. i have no idea why people who insist they are more intelligent than those who have differing views would show that they are the opposite of what they claim by making riduculous remarks like this.

i actually do not start discussions about my views when it comes to western politics (apart from the day of an election just to be cheerful and counteract negative comments) but i do respond to said comments which are abundant to say the least.

• This is why I'm libertarian.
    to be honest I wish we would all just agree on stuff.
    But cancer exists.
    this is also why I left the political community it's full of idiots.

What a funny meme doe 10/10

• Oh, so you're a GoT nerd, me too, me too. You likey the books?

• Loved the books. The show is pretty good but not as good as the books. The entire time I watched the first season, I was screaming that's not what happened.

• haha, right, dude, the whole Brienne fights the hound thing, I was like nooooo, it was so much more intense in the books! And of course the Dornish plot, wth

• *slow claps*

• This is what I'm always talking about. It's an embarrassment to be either one.

• Hahaha stupid first pick... Nazism more right than fascism...

• Literally just picked the first image on google I could use for a cover. Calm down now.

• @RedThread their definition of the right wing is actually incorrect. They say it is any person who wants tradition, when in reality it is less government.

• @Thisperson98 Well even those definitions change with time. There was a time when liberal meant that. Traditional liberals are completely different than modern liberals. So again, this can be all perspective and point of view. What we consider liberal in America is actually conservative in a lot of European countries as well.

• 4d

whatswith all the political takes lately? because of trump presidency coming?