Will I ever see or hear from him again?

Its been about 6months since me and my x broke up, and I still haven't heard from him. We were together for short of a year and he was my first love and I was his longest relationship by a long shot. I know he is sensitive but he is very good at covering up his emotions. Originally he was head over hills for me and later on once he got a "real" job he stopped doing the little things I loved so much, we went from being together everyday for months to once or twice a week, calling me a couple times a day to once at the most, and even stopped saying I love you. One day I couldn't take it anymore and broke up with him because we didn't fix the problem I had warned him about. He said it was better we stayed that way because he was going through a change and needed time but that love is not something that just goes away over night. Next thing I know he said don't bother calling I won't respond. I recently called him from a friends phone and tried to talk to him and he said I got to go and he sounded so cold and I hung up. What is he thinking? Why won't he talk to me and will he ever call me again? does he care about me at all?

Most Helpful Girl

• He does care, but if as he said he was going through changes and he of found it a hard time and then you went and dumped him, I'm not defending him but I know how it feels. I know how much your first love means to you but maybe him distancing himself from you is good move, it will give you a chance to look for someone new, I know it hurts at first but it's been a while since you've broke up and it's unlikely that you'll get back together and even if so, you'll always have a doubt in your mind whether he'll go through another strange patch, it's going to be a tough move but it's something you've got to do, think yourself strong and learn from past mistakes, I'm sure you can do it - if you managed to hold a year relationship with this past guy then that's one good point already! Getting too know more new guys and getting your life back on track is a wonderful feeling, I've never doubted the decision to move on and although it might not seem like the best idea now but you'll look back at the memories with your ex and do a big smile. I wish you the best of luck :)