How can I create a sexy atmosphere in a room?

I just moved into a new house and I have a new room to decorate. I really want to showcase an ambiance of calm, relaxing, safe, yet arousing and curiosity effect. I've been throwing a few ideas around like an underwater theme and stuff like that. Any suggestions on a theme or cheap stuff would be of excellent help.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think whatever you do, whatever style you go with, lighting is so important. If your bedroom has too function as a study/office too, you need to make sure you have good light for work, but that when you turn that off you have a nice, soft, cozy/sexy atmosphere (No, not dingy! ) Try to use multiple softer seperate lights to light your space than one really strong one. I really think the wrong lighting will destroy the atmosphere of any theme! Other than that, let your personality shine through. Try to plan ways to keep your mess out of sight (we all get messy sometimes - but the appearance of no mess/clutter goes a long way to help make a place relaxing and calm), even if it exists (boxes, closed shelves, etc). Good luck!

• I agree, lighting is a high priority. I was thinking of buying some weird colored christmas lights like light blue or red violet. Oh yea, I know the importance of a clean room ;)