Girl I like invited me to Thanksgiving dinner with her family...

Well thanksgiving's coming up and this girl I like invited me to have dinner with her family. It'll be me, her, her mom, along with her older sister... Show More

Most Helpful Opinion

• Hm, well. First off, canceling with some excuse is lame. If she's known you long enough she'll see right through it and it won't help you at all. That being said, I don't think going is going to help you in the way you are hoping it will. I don't know how long ago mr. ex left the picture but she certainly doesn't seem over it...which makes you rebound cuddle buddy if you try anything at this point. If it's a mixed bag for you and you are that confused I'd say get the dirty laundry out in the open. Tell her that you'd like to go but it seems like she's not really that interested in you coming and that you feel more like a seat warmer than an actual friend being invited over. She is acting wishy washy which usually means one of three things. Either she's interested but too confused and or hurt right now to put herself out there or she's a flake who is stringing you along or my personal favorite...she isn't really interested but she has no clue she's sending you mixed signals. That happens more often than you might think.

• Well her ex (of like 3 and half months I wanna say) or what her motives for inviting me are--intentional or unintentional--arent really my concerns. just the situation at hand. Should I take a chance (her parents have already dubbed me an honorary member of the fam for the night) or just flake and give her an excuse (nothing lame, just something that lets her know--sorry but it seems a little unecessary for me to go