Girl I like invited me to Thanksgiving dinner with her family...

Well thanksgiving's coming up and this girl I like invited me to have dinner with her family. It'll be me, her, her mom, along with her older sister and boyfriend. I'm not seeing my family so I figured why not. Thing is I don't know if should stick with it or cancel (she asked me yesterday)

She was like ''normally I'd do this with john-her ex-but I'm not gonna do that now and I don't know who else that'd go''.

We are however just good friends (unlike how her and her ex started). I figured it'd be a good chance to make a good impression and be better than her ex--but now I'm thinking its not such a good idea--since I want her to see me as more than a friend--not just a fill-in, yknow. She keeps saying 'if you want' when its brought up about me going, so its like on me if I go--although I know she wants company to go w/. Plus she and her fam are vegetarians and I'm not--so I'm really puttin myself out there on this one if I go.

I guess I need insight from both sides. Would going hurt or help my situation? I know her well enough to say there's maybe some interest but not enough to see me as more right now--shes pretty used to me--but always blows me up when I start distancing myself or opting to hang with other people or chicks rather than her and seems to show that interest again--which is pretty much why she invited me to this thing.

Or should I cancel with some excuse. Help:/

Most Helpful Girl

• Hm, well. First off, canceling with some excuse is lame. If she's known you long enough she'll see right through it and it won't help you at all. That being said, I don't think going is going to help you in the way you are hoping it will. I don't know how long ago mr. ex left the picture but she certainly doesn't seem over it...which makes you rebound cuddle buddy if you try anything at this point. If it's a mixed bag for you and you are that confused I'd say get the dirty laundry out in the open. Tell her that you'd like to go but it seems like she's not really that interested in you coming and that you feel more like a seat warmer than an actual friend being invited over. She is acting wishy washy which usually means one of three things. Either she's interested but too confused and or hurt right now to put herself out there or she's a flake who is stringing you along or my personal favorite...she isn't really interested but she has no clue she's sending you mixed signals. That happens more often than you might think.

• Well her ex (of like 3 and half months I wanna say) or what her motives for inviting me are--intentional or unintentional--arent really my concerns. just the situation at hand. Should I take a chance (her parents have already dubbed me an honorary member of the fam for the night) or just flake and give her an excuse (nothing lame, just something that lets her know--sorry but it seems a little unecessary for me to go