When the one you love is now just a memory

There is not a day that I don't think about you in someway, shape or form. There are so many things everyday that remind me of you, us and all the moments that we shared together. Every day I had to force myself to forget about you to "move on" which is not an easy thing to do. You'll never know the pain you feel watching the one you still love be with someone else. To see them happy with another girl and to see that girl as happy as I once was. To hear about the happy couple and all the wonderful things they have done through other people. Everyday it's supposed to get easier to move on, I'm supposed to stop missing you. After all you are the one that hurt me, broke my heart, the one that said things which to others they would deem unforgiveable. But I can't do what I'm supposed to do. You're in my life whether I want you there or not, just a constant reminder of the love we once shared. There's no off switch to these memories there's no reset button. You will always be a part of my life whether you are in it or not ,you'll be there just as a memory to me. A memory that makes me angry, a memory that makes me laugh and smile, one that makes me sad and cry. But most of all, you will be a memory that I cherish and will hold onto no matter the pain you caused. Because unlike others I look back and I'm thankful for the times that we did share and I'm glad that it was you that I shared them with. I miss you so very much. You will always be in my heart, even though I am far from yours. You will always be a part of my life even when you have tried to erase me from yours.

When the one you love is now  just a memory

20

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 0

Share the first opinion in your gender

What Girls Said 2

• But there is always hope
    Something to keep in mind😊

• Yea meeting someone new and starting all over again

• Or loving yourself instead

• I can't believe this is a year ago! We never did get back together though 6 months ago we were seeing eachother weekly then he just turned on me and didn't want to see me again which makes no sense. I told him i missed him and he said i wouldn't be here with you if i didn't. And that was the last time we saw eachother in person. Every now and then the occasional text but nothing worth.

• I feel you.

• it will get easier. its been a year since my ex and i broke up, i was a mess for at least 6 months, but you do wake up one day and realise that it is there loss and they chose to walk away, and you heal :) I hope you stop hurting soon