So you were blocked by your ex after the breakup. Here's the reasons why from my own experience.
DEGREE OF BEING BLOCKED.
1. Phone/ text. 2. Facebook/ Instagram. 3.Email. 4.Whatsapp.
I've seen a lot of "degree of blocking" and what it means..yada, yada yada on the internet. These "degree of blocking" advice columns are a ploy to get you to watch their videos, ask advice and ultimately pay for their book/package/ advice etc.
BUT BEAR WITH ME, THERE'S SOME GOOD NEWS OR REAL NEWS, Depends on how you take it....
WHAT HAPPENED? WHY HAS HE BLOCKED ME?
1. YOU BEGGED/PLEADED- This is the most common response when someone bresks up with you. This behaviour is needy and desperate and you are now deemed lower value in your ex's eyes. There for you have no place in their life anymore as you are now seen as not on "their level". In order to prevent further pity on you they block you to prevent them from feeling like the bad guy. No one wants to feel like the bad guy even if they are, hence why they block you.
2. YOU WENT PSYCHO - This is the same reaction as the above except in order to not deal with any more drama, they block you. Think about it..If you had someone blow up your phone being nasty and abusive you'd block them too.
3. THEY ARE PLAYING GAMES- This is pretty common to regain power after the breakup. And yes people do this even when they broke up with you. Think of it this way.. They want to prove a point to themselves and you that your the enemy. Emotion over logic runs high after a break up and they may be in the angry phase.
It's most likely they want a reaction and you to text them saying "why have you blocked me on Facebook, I can't believe you" to feed their ego that you still care.
4. THEY ARE HURTING FROM THE BREAKUP TOO - This is less common and only you know how you behaved after the break up. If you were genuinely not a psycho or needy and walked away without playing games. If this is the case then they may be second guessing their decision and have blocked you to stop themselves from contacting you or seeing you in order to heal/ come to terms with it.
5. THEY HAD SOMEONE ELSE IN THE PIPELINE BEFORE THEY BROKE UP WITH YOU.
People do this a lot..the grass is greener syndrome and don't want you to see, so they block you. It is as really clear cut as that to avoid arguments or confrontation from you.
NO CONTACT RULE.
There's a lot on the internet about "no contact rule" of 30 days, 40 days, 60 days etc.. And how to reach out to your ex after the time has passed.
If they have blocked line of communication then you contacting them after no contact is ultimately you chasing them (BASICALLY BEGGING). So you want to swurve one line of communication and go through another line of communication to beg for your ex back?
Yeah, have a think about that.
HOW TO GET UNBLOCKED.
Done a lot of research on this too...the best thing to do is nothing. Yes you heard me right, nothing to all of the above reasons. ALL OF THEM. AND HERE'S WHY....
1. This person has blocked you in some way to stop you contacting them (why try and talk to someone who doesn't want to talk to you).
2. You want to try and contact them another way like Facebook if they've blocked your number ( That's very needy and border line desperate).
3. They're trying to prove a point or get at you then let them ( You reacting will just prove them right and make them more powerful and you seen as lower value) Do you really want that?
4. The grass is greener. If they feel as though they want to hide the new relationship without being honest with you then let the new gf/bf have them.
I know it hurts but don't prove them right by demeaning yourself and reacting. If you react it will make the new partner look more valuable to them and you of less value. If you react you will push your ex even further into the arms of the new bf/gf.
They will expect a reaction and it will prove them right that leaving you was the correct decision. They'll be thinking "wow, I can have her whenever I want". "I knew I could do better, she's kind of weak" or "She's just proved me right, acting like this".
YOU ARE OF VALUE, DO NOT PROVE THEM RIGHT.
EXEPTION TO THIS.
There is only one exception to the above. Only one. If you have something to apologise for then do so. But only apologise for that thing and that thing only.
💔 💔 💔💔 💔💔 💔💔
Your ex has blocked you. There is nothing you can do without looking needy/ desperate or like a "crazy ex". To keep your high value, leave them alone. If this person truly wanted you then they will reach out..FACT.
If they don't then you maintain your dignity with your head held high.
IT'S WIN WIN REALLY.. Love yourself and know your worth and never beg for someone's love because all they'll give you is crumbs when you deserve the whole cake!! X</p>