She broke up with me because I was jealous and insecure, how do I get her back?

My ex broke up with me two nights ago. I couldn't see it then, but I now realize it was because of my clingyness and jealousy, all stemming from my issues of insecurity. I feel like I pushed her too far with these issues and caused her to become less attracted to me and ultimately caused her to break things off. I'm devastated, but working on improving myself to figure out how to make sure this doesn't happen again.
I really want your insight on how I can rekindle the relationship. We dated for nine months, the last six months were long distance, but these nine months were a very intense and extremely bonding time. After only two months I had met and stayed with her parents in her childhood home, and after only one month we both said I love you. She was very sad to break up with me (cried the whole time) and said that I am very special to her and she loves me. She said she still wants to be friends, but doesn't know how to not be in a relationship with me. She said she would want to contact me every once in a while, but I said I'll need time, so we decided that I would be the one who contacts her when I'm ready.
I know because our bond was so strong that she still has feelings for me, at least for now. Do I wait to tell her what I've learned, or contact her sometime in the future? My emotions are still very raw so I will definitely wait some time, but maybe this relationship is just over? please help

• Wait for her to contact me
  • Contact her in a few weeks

59

Most Helpful Girl

• I think you should contact because you're the one with the problem that made the relationship end. Tell her you're working on your jealousy and that you wanna try it again, say that what you had is really special for you and you don't wanna lose it over something like that.

• Thank you so much TheEmma. You really think she'll be understanding? I'm just worried that if I say I want to try again that she is in a place where I am just not that attractive to her anymore. But perhaps in acknowledging my faults and actually pursuing her she will see that as a confident move? I'm all mixed up... my head tells me one thing but my heart says another.

• How soon do you think? We ended it Monday night...

• You know her better than me so you have to take that decition but if I were you, I'd call today.

Most Helpful Guy

• Talk to her and continue to be there when she needs you. However, your main focus should be getting help for the issues you've had and making yourself a better person for you. Once, you've received help and know that you no longer have the same issues then you can talk about where to go from there. If you act like nothing happened and go back to how things were then you risk getting the same results. So, if you still have doubts then you should continue to get help and take things slowly with her while letting her know what steps you are taking to take care of the issues you're dealing with.