After a 14 year marriage, I found out that my wife was having an affair with my best friend! How do I go about starting over?

So my wife and I have been together since we were 14 (19years total) she's literally the only serious relationship that I've ever had! My best friend, or I'll call him my ex best friend actually, I've known him since we were both 13... We've always been really close except for when he left to go to college in Minnesota we lost touch for four or five years. Over the last two years or so we have been really really good friends, hanging out on almost a daily basis! I noticed that my wife's behavior was askew from her normal behavior. Around October 2014, there was a couple of times where I was pretty sure that she was lying to me about being with one of her girlfriends or whatever. Long story short I started getting suspicious of what was going on, and one night when she was supposed to be at her friends house I went there also and she wasn't there. At that point I had this wound up ball of fear in my stomach I could feel that something is definitely wrong! I went several places looking for her, she would not answer her cell phone or text. And the last place I looked which to tell you the truth I had no suspicion of really, and I felt bad for even doing a drive-by! But this last place that I went was my best friends house... And bigger than shit there was her car! I was so upset that I was literally hyperventilating 50 feet from his door. As I was going to approach his door and knock they both came out holding hands, laughing giggling, and hair looking like bed head all over the place! Things were obviously trifling! They didn't see me at first but were walking towards me, as he noticed me they stopped in their tracks and had a oh shit look on their faces especially his. Here we are three months later she has left me for him, I am obviously devastated but I want to move on. I really only have experience with my wife and not with dating so much! Anybody have any tips on me moving on more easily or finding a girlfriend, because I'm going crazy! Any advice? Please?

68

Most Helpful Girl

• You and your Ex have just broken up here, dear, so the Last thing you need right now is to jump from the fat to the fire so Fast By------Finding a girlfriend. You need to focus on you right now, do some serious soul searching and begin your beguine by licking your war wounds and try and deal with the pain and anguish of what she and your bestie Did to you.
    Don't try and bring some other girl into This mess right now. She will only end up the monkey in the middle and a rebound Rebecca to boot. Take your time, see where this fling thing is going with Her and if you are making serious plans to unload her, which you should do, then concentrate on getting your own life together and later... be birds of a feather with someone who is more deserving but make sure you are ready... even then, take your time and learn by these little lessons in life and love.
    It sounds like you have a long road ahead of you and even if this cheetah would come crawling back tomorrow, reconsider letting her back in the door. You could never trust her again and just like the bestie who you found was a back stabber, he should now be Forever this Fair weather friend with a cheating chick he has by his side now and together... they deserve one another.
    Good luck and blessings for 2015. xx

• Very nice and well thought out response, I wanted to let you know that I read it but I'm not ready to respond to you yet because I'm not sure what I want to say exactly.

• Thank You Sweets 🍭🍬🍧🍰 xoxo.
      Sincerely,
      James

• Oh, you are so welcome sweet James and best of luck here, dear.
      Blessings,
      Paris "P"xxoo