I just blocked my ex, why do I feel sad?

He ended our relationship 6 months ago through a text, and it broke my heart but I tried to move on but he would still contact me and confuse me. Just 2 weeks ago he was supposed to come see me and he was texting me and calling me every week. Then all of a sudden he stopped and calling like he usually does and just texted me instead and today he didn't even text or call me. I thought he wanted to work things out because he said he wanted me and that he loves me. I've been putting up with this for 5 months and I'm so sad and hurt so I blocked him. The problem is why do I feel so sad and emotional now. I didn't tell him I was going to stop talking to him I just blocked him.

51

Most Helpful Girl

• I have been in your shoes before. You are emotional because you are disappointed. One question " when he broke up with you did you move on or you contacted him back?" If not then that is why he stayed contacted you ( insecurity, he wanted to know that he has the power and that you would eventually have you when he wants too) Then when he realized he had you.. he drops you.. I hate that!

• After he broke up with me I left him alone but he kept contacting then when I would respond he would ignore me. So about a month after the break up I was fed up with that so I told him I never wanted to talk to him and 1 month went by then I get a call fro him. He acted like a friend for a while then he slowly started telling me he loved me and never wants to lose me. And just 2 weeks ago it seemed we were back together because he said he wanted me but he backed off now.

• Thank you so much for taking the time to help me with my question. I just needed to know I made the right choice by blocking him, I put up with him for 6 months because I thought he wanted me back but he obviously doesn't and never will.

• I went through this as well actually weeks ago and even though I know it for a fact that this is the issue I honestly myself still feel like I want to talk to him and unblock him-which I did, up until my friend gave ma an ultimatum and that is either I continue on destroying myself or I we keep our friendship and the friendship was way more important to me than someone who has ego issues. So peace of advise seriously, fight your temptations that are bound to happen. Best :)

What Guys Said 1

• If he want to come up again in your life then you should give him last chance try to understand him just go back and get him

What Girls Said 4

• Hi well I think we can get like this because we care and try to be kind to someone and they hurt us in turn or are not even polite with us. I realize that now its human nature that a person keep doing what we allow them to do.

I think you feel sad because you're not used to puting your foot downand saying "No, I deserve better and I treat him better" . What helps me now is that I dont want to waste time with someone who treats me not so nicely when I can have someone who treats me better or focus on improving myself. You should working on being better so you dont fall for this trash again ;/

• You miss him

• Hmm... Breaking up is not a sign he wants to work things out. Especially if 6 months passed already. Facts count more than words!
    This guy did not have the guts to break up with you in person and cowardly texted you instead... I fear he kept saying those things and called/texted you because he felt guilty over the break up. He used you! And you let him because you love him. He probably found someone else and he does not need you any more...
    You did the right thing blocking him, and don't look back. You deserve and you will find a much better guy.

• Ending all communication is the best way to break up with someone. It's good you blocked him. Don't feed into his games. A good friend once told me, it's not the break up that hurts, it's the disappointment that the person let you down that hurts. Time heals all pain, you just have to give yourself time to get over him. Occupy your time, by focusing on bettering yourself & finding someone new :)