He cheated and now he wants me back.

Okay, here's the deal.

I've dated a million guys, which I know doesn't sound good at all on my part. But with him, it seemed so different. Like, it felt different and it felt good. I was so happy with him and I came to believe it was love. We were supposed to meet for our anniversary and he didn't call all day. Later I got a text finding out that he was cheating on me and it had a phone number for proof. I called the number and it was his "new girl". She was talking s*** of course. After that he got on the phone and said that they were engaged.

Now, this is all happened yesterday.

Tonight he left me a voice mail on HER phone crying and saying that he loves me, and that he doesn't understand why he did it and that he is extremely sorry and if I am able to forgive him to text.

What do I do?

My heart is saying to go for it.

But my family and friends would never approve.

68

Most Helpful Guy

• If you take him back he will do it again because he will figure out that you are stung up on him and he can get away with anything he likes...

If you are ok with him cheating on you go for it if not move on and find someone else

Engaged huh sounds like he was two timing you all along...

What Guys Said 7

• Well... You never know untill you try. You're young. You're alowed to do mistakes.

Or... No offence, but after dating a million guys (I think, lots of them are hurt) maybe that's what you deserve?

• Sometimes people don't learn until there are consequences, unfortunately

• So, let's just assume this will make a million and one guys.

• hey..wahtever you did to others it's differnet but genuinely you need to leave him as ur family and friends are telling u. But take it as a lesson and never do anything wrong to anyone.

have a good life.

take care

• He was being all tough when he was with her because he wanted to keep her on the side.

He was being all teary and babyish later because he wanted to patch things up with you so he could be with both of you behind each others back. That's what I'd do and that's the reasons I would do it if I was in his place.

• dont go back. has some respect for yourself. he's not to be trusted. this will always be a problem in the relationship. why would myou go back. there's a lot of people int the world

• you can't help who your heart loves but if your family and friends understood then they should be happy for you instead of angery or else they're not your friends.it's your choice not thiers.

• thats the material of males you get if you have been around a lot of guys :).. karma is one hell of a thing.. enjoy

• You make it sound like I'm a whore.

• Not a whore but yet not a girl that would attract decent guys. I think you should let him go because once he cheats on you he always will. You might feel that you can forgive him, but I think cheating is unforgivable in reality and sooner or later ur anger towards this will increase and you will end up unhappy and alone. He might change and not do it again but I don't think that will heal ur scars

Good luck

• I completely agree with the answerer. You can't attract decent guys when you've been with so many and seem to care so little about yourself. If you did, you'd care about what people have done or treated you.

What Girls Said 6

• I had a situation SO similar to yours. I dated a bunch of guys, but he was completely different and I fell so hard. After 6 months he confessed to me that he hooked up with someone else, and begged me to forgive him. All of my friends used to love him, but after this episode they all told me to forget about him... but stupid me, I couldn't!

I took him back, because he told me up front, which I thought was brave. He was so apologetic, and the sweetest he'd ever been, because he was trying to win back my trust.

I didn't anticipate how much it would change us though. Even though it was only 1 time, the trust was completely lost, and every time he went out drinking without me, I couldn't help thinking that it would happen again. It put a giant strain on our relationship.

It sounds like your guy didn't just making a mistake.. he was having an affair.. behind your back... lying to you over and over again. He didn't even tell you, you had to catch him.

I know you love him, but you'll never be able to trust him again, believe me.

• You must be absolutely crazy to take this idiot back, He made a fool out of you with another woman he doesn't deserve a place in your heart at all!...I know when you love some1 its hard but I guarntee you will loose your self worth if yu take him back xx

• Honestly...CHEATING IS UNNACEPTABLE...he didn't think about you when he cheated on you did he? no...now he wants you back and its up to you of course but I feel you shouldnt and your family and friends are right. I feel liek your thinking about the present with him and not the future because if he cheated on you once, he will cheat again...trust me it always happens. If you forgive him he most likely will cheat again its up to you but just be smart on your decision goodluck

• NO! NONONONONONONONONO! You deserve better. You don't deserve this. You need to have enough self-esteem to say no, he isn't worth it, because he isn't.

• noppppppppppeee he is tryin to have both of you and if you let him back he gonna keep doing the same thing. but at the end you have da last word dnt fo get dat.

• Don't listen to your heart. Your heart is a fool lol!

This guy played you in the worst way, if you take him back he will never truly respect you for it and will most likely end up doing it again in the future. So many girls do this and it rarely works out. Think about it, if you cheated on him and missed your anniversary (or even that was special to him), and he found out there was another guy in the picture...do you think he'd be that easy to get back? Seriously once you take a guy back after playing you like this, they end up getting cocky because they pulled the wool over your eyes and have you believing anything he tells you. If he really loved you and cared for you he would not have had a side relationship with another woman behind your back, lied to you and betrayed your trust and love for him, did anything to hurt you purposefully and then expect you to forgive him in less than 24 hours. He is treating you like a dumb bitch! I'm sorry to say it but I've known guys like this and seen how they treated girls. take him back and he will forever think of you as stupid and weak.

So if you take him back, you can either just learn to overlook any cheating that he ever does and let him do his thing on the side, or get ready for the next time you find out he cheats on you with a new girl because it will happen again. Save yourself the trouble and move on.