Boyfriend cheated and now says I'm his world, should I believe him?

Whilst I was on holiday around my 3rd day my boyfriend messaged me (after he'd been seshing) saying he wants to go on a break as he needs to sort his head out. The next day he told me he gave this girl a love bite (at this sesh) and swore down on his families life nothing else happened. However I asked the girl and she told me he got with her and she then said they did other stuff but didn't shag. So I asked him and he continued to lie and promise nothing else happened eventually he admitted he got with her but still promises nothing else happened. So I ended him anyway as he lied to me. I still don't know if they did just pull or not. Then after I ended him he asked to the girl to start seeing him and told her he loved her. All of a sudden he messaged me saying I'm all he wants and will ever want, saying it was a mistake and he's in love with me that I'm his world and he needs me. He then told the other girl that he's never liked her and he wants me and stuff. All his mates have said they truly believe he loves me and stuff and that this girl was a drunken mistake. He keeps saying he's really sorry and that he really loves me and that if I don't take him back he's never going to get over me and that hed legit wait like 2 years for me. But if I were to get back with him things just wouldn't be the same. My mates hate him, my mum hates him, I don't know if I'll ever beable to trust him again. And I'd just look like a complete mug, and everyone is going to give me shit cos apparently I have to forgive the girl aswell (ahaha never). He said he'd do anything to be with me, just start talking again and not make it official, or be together and just talk close mates. Would I beable to get past the trust issues? Because he's cheated on many girls in the past. But he said he's going to prove he's changed and that he honestly loves me. But I don't know what to do. I do love him, but I don't know what's best. He's never treated me badly and we were good together

927

Most Helpful Guy

• This boy is figuring out some shit, and you do not have to take the damage for it. Wish him the best and drop him, he made his decision now you hold him to it or no decision he ever makes with you will matter

What Guys Said 26

• I was about to say you should at least consider giving him a second chance because it only happened once but then you said he's done it on several occasions to other women. That's an enormous red flag. I would say thanks but no thanks to an offer like that in this context

• Absolutely do not take him back. If you were his world he wouldn't have cheated. You're not his world, you're his sex machine to boost his ego and self worth.

• Wow that's deep

• Over the years, I started wondering if people were giving some kind of back handed comment by saying that. You are like the millionth person to tell me something I said was deep

• Trust is a strong feeling. However, where is the guarantee that the next partner won't cheat? I'd day if you can find it in yourself to forgive him you should also try to trust him. However, test him. If he refuses to tell the entire truth you should not trust him.

• Dude, did you even read that? As soon as they broke up, he ran to the other girl saying he loved her now. In my opinion, I'd say tell him to go get with that girl he loved enough to risk everything you two had together. If you've been together ten years (just making an example) and he cheats on you, that means he didn't care too much about the past ten years and he is searching for someone more exciting. He isn't worth your tears or time darling.

• It's done. Don't take him back. I say this for a couple of reasons. 1st, you don't trust him (which you shouldn't). A relationship will never work without trust. 2nd, a cheater won't stop cheating so easily. This was so soon, he needs time to really learn that this on acceptable behavior or good at all for a relationship.
    Now I'm not saying this relationship is doomed forever. If time goes by without any contact between you two and you eventually start dating again, who knows what can happen when you both have time to mature. I would say though that if that happens to take it slow and look to see if there are signs if maturity in him compared to now.

• No dont i would advise against it I think u shud tell him to move on for what he did to u and maybe u should friendzone him and i think u should date someone els who is suited for u rather than this cheat

• so you weren't his world before he cheated?

• I dont understand the terminology, ie: sesh, shag,? Cheating on you IS treating you badly. You're young and do you really want to start off life like that? Get yourself a real man around your age who acts like a man. Men dont cheat on a woman, they'll sit down with the lady and explain he's not happy because... and just walk away. Yes feelings are hurt, but its the right way to end things.

• This might look so silly to everyone, but is a great idea to those who take their marriages/relationship serious. i have been passing through some terrible relationship and today am a testimony of all that happened between me and my man, i have been married for over 4 years now, and i just found out my man was having sex with another woman, they even go out for night shows, he told some of his friends that he got a new one i was so angry and terrified to the point that i don't even know what to do, so last week i decided to go online to search for possible means which i can be able to get my man back to me, i saw a comment of a lady who was passed through my same problems posted how a man helped him with prayers, so i beg for his contact and she gave them to me, i contacted the same man and he understand my problem/situations, he prayed for me and my man called me instantly, he was on his kneels begging for me to return, he share tears, i was so surprise, right now me and my man we are in good state, no fight or cheating, he has been restore back to understand there is a good woman like me out here for him, so ladies/women/young girls, go fight for your man no one is gonna fight for you, some advice are real but can't change the mind of your man forever. so if you care about your relationship reach the same man that prayed for me here to help you via, OLORUNODUDUWASPIRITUALTEMPLE@GMAIL. COM

• I'm a man and I think he is only with you for his enjoyment. Something like kissing or having sex etc..

• Just dump him, move on.

• A drunken mistake that he tried to get with immediately after so he wouldn't have to be alone. Leave him be

• No, you should not.

Imagine the second time he betrays you, will you be his galaxy?

• Honestly, I wouldn't. Coming from a guy... you need to know. Once a cheater.. always a cheater...

• Nope

• I wouldn't unless he has been seeming panicky at the thought of you leaving.

• He's even cried over the fact after I found out I told him i don't want anything to do with him ever (which I obviously didn't mean)

• Even if he is panicky over you leaving. If you believe his lies this time he'll do it again and you'll have those same feelings of anger and sadness. He is not loyal to you, he is an immature boy who is experimenting. You need to find someone who knows your value, obviously this guy don't. I see girls I want in my bed so bad sometimes, yeah I might flirt, but if I'm taken I would never do that to the one I love. Think about it like this, if he he loves you and wants to be with you so much, then why is he seeing her behind your back. Men are full of lies, even me at times, and they will tell you what ever you want so they can get what they want. I don't do that last part, but who cares if he cried over the thought of you leaving, it's not hard to think of something really sad and start crying. It's a mind game honey, and it seems like he has you check and mate (a chess reference).

• Usually if they do it once theyll do it again but its possible he really does feel guilty about it

• No..

• Bullshit

• Hell No. Dump his stupid ass right now

• IT'S A TRAP

• Just find a good guy. Ya know, one that doesn't lie, cheat play games.

• Don't fall for it

• should you?

• Nope

• I stopped reading at drunken mistake. If he was only smoking then it was no "drunk mistake." Hell i don't even believe in drunk mistakes, but if he was only smoking bud, then he knew what he was doing. Weed doesn't turn you into a braindead zombie going with the flow. Just do him and yourself the favor and cut him out now. You should never waste someone's time with how limited our time here on Earth is. Once the opportunity for him to cheat will make itself available he's going to take it up again. Dont waste either of your guy's time and just leave now before its too late you have his kid or something...

• He was on alcohol and sniff

• He tried something different and now he realized you were the right one for him. I would give him another chance. He made a mistake and he lied because he was ashamed of it.

• Leave.. what if he gets drunk again.. once a cheat always a cheat

• Once a cheat always a cheat, move on from him

What Girls Said 9

• The second you say cheated you can assume his expertise is bullshit.

• not saying its correct but realistically men are goin to cheat u dont have to stay or deal with it but 10 out of 10 u leaving this cheater to get another.. especially if he is young he dont no what he wants both live y'all life but do it with each other set boundaries n respect

• Lol. "He's cheated on many girls in the past". Girl, LEAVE.

• Is he going to show her he loves her too? Don't walk away, run!

• Leave him. He is lying to you. You need to get over him it will be hard time but you will find someone better who will respect you and believe you are his world and never will cheat you. You can do it girl just let him go

• DUMP 👏 HIS 👏 ASS 👏 look he's playing you for a fool, and keeping you as a spare. You don't deserve that. It's better to be alone than to be with someone who is treating you badly

• Dump him, if he did it once he is willing to do it twice

• Nope 👎

• Don't go back. He doesn't have feelings for you or he wouldn't had cheated

• Slap him