Is it weak for a man to cry over a breakup?

I admit, I cried after a breakup before but it wasn't in front of my ex or in public. As soon as I got home late at night, I put in some sad music and started balling my eyes out for a good 10 minutes. Has anyone experienced something similar to this before? and do you think a man crying over a breakup makes him weak?

3432

What Girls Said 34

• No! Of course not! People have emotions. Crying is your body's reaction to something that has deeply affected you and it's not healthy to think you are meant to cut yourself off from that altogether. But think about it, why stop yourself anyway? Because of image? The people who would think less of you for crying probably aren't the kind that you need in your life anyhow so it doesn't make sense to put more stress/strain on yourself for an opinion of theirs. Cry, take time out, take time to reflect and celebrate and know what you learnt won't be wasted but can be used next time round.

• I wish he would. If he is hurting over something like a breakup, I encourage a guy to cry. Acknowledge his pain and work through it. Do not push it to the side, bury it, and try and dismiss it. It is human to feel emotions and I will always encourage to FEEL them in the deepest way they can. Society can fuck off. Let people be people.

• No, that's completely normal, maybe it just didn't completely hit you till later that night. Everyone grieves in different ways.

• No it is not weak at all people cry every day weather break up divorce family friends passed away etc but FYI no it is not weak at all and yes I have experienced it before

• No it's not don't listen to any sad or love movie it doesn't help your a human so your filled with emotions.

• Not at all.

• It is not

• No, man. Hope you feel better soon.

• HELL TO THE FUCKING NO.. I say this this way because your hurting crying makes you feel better and is a natural response to something that hurts... And damn if a guy cries over you you are fucking lucky means he actually cared

• Nah, just shows that you're in touch with yourself and not burdened by societal expectation. I grew up with a father that was very open to crying and showing emotion so I never saw it as bad or non-masculine.

• Spiritual cleanse.

• No way 🙅🏻

• Noo, not at all. :)

• Actually no... Its ur feelings which a girl didn't understand... N ur love was true... So it not a weak point

• Not weak at all, just shows you care.

• No it's okay to cry, you're human right?

• Not at all. That's normal. Crying is totally alright, everyone needs to cry sometimes

• Of course its weak! What are men doing have feelings anyway, it's not like their humans or something.

• I just don't understand how you guys keep it together and under control so much? Like for real... if i need to cry and try to 'hold it back' it makes me hysterical cry lol. Like trying to go on a diet just makes me wanna eat more... same damn thing!

• No it's not... in fact guys would look more human (for me) if they could show their feelings... you know like guys always say that they have to guess girls minds when it's absolutely the opposite. A guy never ever really tell you what he's feeling when he's in pain or sorrow.

• You Actually Put Sad Music On😹And No I Don't Find It Weak, Men Have Feelings 2.

• No it's perfectly fine. And it's YOUR reaction. Yes there are men that don't cry. There are even women don't cry. We all react differently and nobody has the right to tell you whether or not your reaction is It's belong to you and you only. Own it.

• *whether or not your reaction is ok.

Sorry my fingers are having an issue with skipping over words and stuff today.

*IT belongs to you.

Also apparently that...

• My brain speaks English but it would seem that my hands don't.

• Not weak - it's a very expected reaction to a breakup

• Crying never equates weakness.

• No, not at all.

• Not at all. Crying can help. I’m sorry you’re having a rough time ❤️

• no, it just makes you human

• No it's not.. we are all humans.. I don't know why like i just never understood why Men aren't supposed to have emotions... or show MY uncle walways said 'it's our job to pretend like we don't.''

• No it showed that you cared

• No it's not

• More from Girls
    4

What Guys Said 32

• People will give you encouragement, and I would encourage you to cry if you feel like crying. But people will view you as weak if you admit it. Men aren't supposed to have emotions. I mean we all do, but it's our job to pretend like we don't.

• I cried in front of my ex when I went to her place and said my last farewell. Made me feel a bit exposed, but she gave me a hug. We just weren't compatible, but I loved her and just wanted to see her happy. At the end, it felt painful coming to terms with only being seen as a friend, and now, only as an acquaintance, and soon to be a distant memory. That the feelings we once had were no longer valid in the present, all the more painful when you recall how good those feelings were. You are mourning a loss as if the connection you shared is now dead. It is only natural to feel pain when there is some form of attachment, no matter how small, passing away.

• No, I don't think it's weak. I wouldn't cry in public too, but probably I'd cry alone just like you did.

• It's not weak to cry over it, but it's weak to not bounce back. Getting down and staying down is the determining factor. Have to get back to living life.

• No, we're all human, don't worry about it. Any girl who mocks you about that is a gutless bitch and any guy who mocks you about it is a lying douche because those guys may cry behind closed doors also.

• I suggest to cry because.. if a boy or girl feld sad and they cry out loud then the stress related to sad is gone out from body... After big cry a person become strong and comes back to normal., Or else he feels sad always inside his heart.. I suggest the person to cry at that moment and leave that moment through crying

• I don't believe so... let nobody mock anyone for pain for we have all felt it's brutal sting.

Pain is mostly the only thing we all have in common.

• Avoid crying, it's a bad habit. The world is counting on us men to be strong. But, crying is natural so once in a while I suppose it's okay if you truly feel deeply injured.

• Ummm... Nnnoo. Why would it be weak? You think because we're guy's that we don't or can't hurt? Of course we can and if you need to cry then cry. It's got nothing to do with how strong you are.

• I cried like a little bitch for months after my last breakup.

• Naw man, usually guys cry in private. You can't let the world see you sweat. There is little sympathy for men in the world, so I always cry softly in my room when I'm alone over things like that.

• I don't think so. Guys usually take it pretty hard up front right after a relationship as we build deep emotional ties. Thats just a way of expressing them.

• It's what men and even heroes got to do sometimes.

• Yes it is weakness but your only human, no one can be strong 100% of the time. Everyone has a breaking point.
    Emotions are weakness and strength at the same time. When you love someone a breakup can almost be lile a bereavement. I had a breakup a few years ago that I took very hard and ended up in depression over it and my father gave some great advice over it which was that the best way to get through it was to get off my ass and keep moving forward with my life, which is what I did. People are too brittle these days when you compare the struggles people went through not that long ago.
    https://youtu.be/s3r-KvakUzU

• once upon a time, when I was young and fool and still knows what love is, I cried like a baby, and was keeping my self drunk to avoid thinking for three straight months, just to find out later that the "angel" I was so sad to break up with her was actually a "devil" whom used me like many others, and that was it, was like a switch, haven't cried or loved or even cared after that in my life !
    no love = no cry !

• No you're not, actually crying has been shown to help people move on quicker and better in their life... Making you actually stronger than otherwise?

• I never cried about that.

• Yes. If nobody died, you're just a pussy.

• Shit happens

• Crying as a man NEVER makes a man weak. No matter in which situation. It cleans the soul and floods the sadness away. So no it actually is a good thing because buiklding it up by holding it back can cause psychiological problems overtime.

• No not at all. I feel for you bro

• No, it isn't. It would be weak to suppress your emotions out of fear.

• No it actually means that you have a heart... Something not many people can say.

• For once you have to let your emotions out but for only once

• We have emotions too

• Not the first time but afterwards let it harden you the way so many countless women claim to be victims.

• no, if you really loved her and dated her for a very long time, then she "shattered your heart", your body is obviously going to act depressive or even manic which usually will result in tears

• No, it's only natural to cry after a breakup, or over unrequited love (like in my case).

• Depends on how much is at stake. If it's cheaper to keep her or not.

• https://m.popkey.co/30d659/NO6x_f-maxage-0.gif

Goddamnit bro if Dean Winchester can cry... and he’s as awesome as it gets, then us other men are allowed to let it out.

And plus when she hit me with silence I cried for weeks haha.

• More from Guys
    2