Is it weak for a man to cry over a breakup?

I admit, I cried after a breakup before but it wasn't in front of my ex or in public. As soon as I got home late at night, I put in some sad music and started balling my eyes out for a good 10 minutes. Has anyone experienced something similar to this before? and do you think a man crying over a breakup makes him weak?Is it weak for a man to cry over a breakup?

3532

Most Helpful Girl

• No! Of course not! People have emotions. Crying is your body's reaction to something that has deeply affected you and it's not healthy to think you are meant to cut yourself off from that altogether. But think about it, why stop yourself anyway? Because of image? The people who would think less of you for crying probably aren't the kind that you need in your life anyhow so it doesn't make sense to put more stress/strain on yourself for an opinion of theirs. Cry, take time out, take time to reflect and celebrate and know what you learnt won't be wasted but can be used next time round.

Most Helpful Guy

• https://m.popkey.co/30d659/NO6x_f-maxage-0.gif

Goddamnit bro if Dean Winchester can cry... and he’s as awesome as it gets, then us other men are allowed to let it out.

And plus when she hit me with silence I cried for weeks haha.