Why hasn't he filed divorce yet?

I been with my boyfriend for 6 months. I knew he was separated from his wife and not going back. He said he wasn't happy and felt pressured to marry her. With knowing this I felt secure getting with him. Everything is good so far but no one has filed divorce yet not even him. I'm afraid to bring it up because we are still new and I don't want to scare him away. I have hinted to him how it's an issue but he brushes it off so that scares me to ask him bluntly why is he comfortable with this situation. Is it possibly that he doesn't care to file? That maybe he "feels" like he's not married hence him not filing? I jus want to know the root of why he isn't filing. It would only cost no more than 300 dollars for clean break.

03

Most Helpful Guy

• How do you know his financial situation? That it would cost him no more that 300$? Maybe it's not that simple and he's trying to negotiate an agreement, sometimes that takes time. Maybe he's trying to get things done the right way, same deal.

If you're with him for six months, you might ask him what's going on with his ex-wife and if you can help him out. Not being judgmental on his situation and not talking about what he should be doing (according to you) should make it easier for him to confide in you. If he doesn't, it's because he feels that it's none of your business. Which frankly it isn't.