What's the best way to escape the friendzone? Make her jealous!

The friendzone is something that a lot of men complain about but seem to not acknowledge that it stems from things they do wrong themselves. Friendzoned men are too little of a challenge, they wear their hearts on their sleeves, they deify the girl with whom they are in love and she can sense that and thus she knows you're someone to whom she can look for emotional support, or in other words - a friend.

However, you are more self-reflective than a lot of guys in the friendzone, and know that it's your own behaviour that's causing you to be friendzoned, but you are now asking yourself, what's the best way to leave the friend-zone? Well, I am here to tell you that it's jealousy. Nothing stokes the flames of attraction in a woman than jealousy. Nothing makes a girl more attracted to you than when she can see that other girls are getting more air-time than her, and that's something that players/assholes/douchbags and me know. They and I know how to play the jealousy game on women, and it works.

How do you make a girl jealous? Well, it's simple. You flirt with other women. However, you have to do it in the right way if you want to escape the friendzone. If you do it in a way that appears to be obvious that you're only doing it to "get back at her" then she'll sense you're butthurt, and game's off. You have to do it unapologetically, and inconspicuously. At first, it'll annoy her (make her jealous) completely because for as long as she has known, her lapdog (i.e. you) has been completely, utterly and so humbly dedicated to her, and that cannot happen! She'll protest at you. You just brush her off as being "creepy" and "needy". This'll annoy her (make her jealous) further.

After all this, you've flipped the script completely. No longer are you the chasee but rather the chased. She will pursue you in order to get more. However, at this point, the worst thing that you can do is fall back into your "friendzone" character. Be flirtatious. Be a challenge. Tease her. Make fun of her.

Other men would argue that seeing that you're getting success with other women, why worry about her? To which I would respond:
What's the best way to escape the friendzone? Make her jealous.

Whether women like to admit it or not, they know jealously is one of the best ways to get them attracted to you.

2833

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah, had a guy friend do this to me and it didn't work. I was even more turned off by him because it said: "I'm petty and don't care if I hurt you, so instead of handling the rejection maturely I'm going to act like a 12 year old."

• What girls say and do are completely different. I've learnt that from experience.

• and this is what most of the women have a problem with 9 times out of 10 a men don't care if we tell you what we want it's not that when we open ourselves to you women you want to reject us and that's what us men don't like we're giving it a shot to tell you how we feel but you want to blame us for being the nice guy and that tells me that your being shallow the behavior of how a person is should be accepted regardless if the person has mistakes or not

• Someone got hurt in the past here, clearly.

Most Helpful Guy

Join the discussion

What Girls Said 27

• If she doesn't even like you to begin with, she won't be jealous though. She will only become jealous if she actually likes you (or if she's thirsty for attention) and in that case you're not even friendzoned to begin with. And if she becomes jealous because of the lack of attention/your attention being shifted onto some other girl, then she doesn't like YOU. She likes the attention. In which case she will still reject you if then start giving her attention again, because that's all she wants.
    This is simply not a good tactic.

• Also it can work against you in the long run, because 1) she might think you're just being a player, and will not even bother try to commit to you or 2) she will think you're not into her and she will move on.

• If a girl thinks in this way it means she's shallow, which means that she will leave you for another/hotter guy in the first chance! this technique is only for shallow girls who doesn't think of serious relationships!

• Want to escape the friend zone? Move on and get a girl who actually likes you romantically and let it go. You can't make a girl want you

Trying to make someone jealous is petty and immature and it shows the girl he still cares. So why he is still trying to make the girl jealous she is not even thinking about him.

• The "friend zone" is when a girl doesn't like you, the end. That's it. Its impossible to make someone who doesn't like you jealous.
    When I don't like a guy who likes me, I hope he gets a girlfriend, I have even been a wingman for a couple guys before.. cause I want them to be happy! (And get over me.)

So if she's actually jealous, you were never in the friend zone in the first place. She was just denying her feelings for you.

• That's cruel to the other girl that you flirt with, just thinking about that made me mad already. Girls, what if you find out that the guy who is flirting with you is actually just does that to get attention from the girl that he likes, he's just using you! Horrible!

• Presumably he'd flirt with someone he might find desirable. If the object of his flirtation is receptive, maybe everyone might wind up happy.

• If she is a good girl who secretly maybe/kinda/sorta likes you, this will work.
    But also, if she is a selfish cunt this will also work. Selfish cunts feel that their guy friends exist to feed their ego and do favors for them, they forget that those guys have needs and will use the guy especially, if they know he likes them. So what will happen?
    When they sense other women could come into play, they will start acting as if you're dating, they'll flirt, they'll do anything to promise a relationship but actually say it. Once you reject other romantic prospects, she'll tell you what a good friend you are.
    The cycle will repeat if you want to keep this mindfuck going long enough for her to fall for you because she starts seeing you as desirable, a prize.. But then expect to be dumped when she gets you, other women back off and she realizes you're that same guy she friendzoned.

• This plan can backfire, specially if one does it on purpose.

She could get jealous, but she might not act or behave as expected.

Also, think about the girl you are using for jealousy. Yes, you are using someone in order to achieve a goal which it can be unrequited. What if she is or starts to like you?

• This idea has some merit to it, since often times girls want anything dangling out of reach. If they are told or shown they can't have it, they want it more. Won't always work, but it's at least worth a shot.

• I would say that this should be the last resort, considering that the likelihood of it working as planned is pretty low. And you know, it's also a pretty immature technique.

• I find jealousy is one of the best ways to get a guy attracted to a gal as well. To any male commenters that disagree: I find what guys say completely differ from what guys do.

• Male and female psyches differ. Playing hard to get doesn't work on me, vice versa does. Equality is a farce.

• You're so on the defensive. How men and women react to the opposite sex is different, lol. That's a fact. Deal with it.

media3.giphy.com/media/Nx2Lx1RmLadtC/giphy.gif

• It seems you're mad brah. That's okay.

I get that you don't like the thought that playing hard to get and using jealousy works on men. It's okay. You're just gonna have to deal with it.

Laters. You can keep commenting if you want. I won't be reading.

• I friendzoned the guy the moment I met him, and it's irreversible.

• I won't be one of the multiple women to deny the existance of the friendzone. However, I believe there is a misconception about what it is. You don't step from dateable to "Oh no, we've been friends too long! I can't date him now!" If you're friendzoned, it's because you never had dating potential. You can't make someone jealous who never had romantic feelings for you, and odds are never will. Attraction, even if on a microscopic level, has to be immediate. If you're not her type, you're not her type. You never were. You probably never will. Hence why you're just friends.

• as you know you can be jealous of someone else getting attention formerly reserved for you-- without actually wanting them for yourself. jealousy just means you think you're entitled to something. it doesn't mean love or affection or compassion or anything other than hostile possessiveness.

• If I didn't like you from the start, no amount of childish games is gonna change that. You can jump through hoops all you want, I'm only gonna find your "tactics" amusing and pathetic.

Your advice may work on women that sort of like the guy, but are keeping him on the back burner. It might also work on airheads that like to partake in equally stupid mind games.

But it will not work on a girl that is actually worth dating.

• There are about 12,985,612,329,183 ways to do this wrong, and maybe 2 or 3 ways to do it right.

If you have to read an article about it, there is no chance in hell that you can do it right. Not a sweet chance in holy hell.

Sry.

• If I placed a man in the friend zone that means I don't want him. So why would I be Jealous of him and another woman? I could have had him if I wanted him!

• This is the best way to figure out if you're ever going to have a chance with her. Either she'll get jealous and move on, or want to be with you or she'll be happy you're with someone - then you know she'll never be into you.

• Actually, if you follow this guys advice, there's a good chance that she either won't care, or worse, she'll be happy for you, or even better- she'll hate you. And any slim chance you have will be gone. Good luck 👍

• this only works if she has romantic feelings for you already, which she is denying either subconsciously or for a reason. even then it's a torturous way to make someone like you. also, it won't work if there's other issues why it might not work out between you. for example if you're not her type or if you don't have an intellectual connection of some sort, no amount of fooling around with other women will make her jealous!

as someone else already said, I also think that this is a very childish thing to do. if being a decent human being isn't enough for her then she's not the girl for you anyway. it takes people a while to understand this, but if a couple isn't meant to be, they just aren't meant to be.

• I have to admit, I've friend zoned a lot of my guy friends and later changed how I felt about them. Whether I had known them for so long and couldn't see the attraction or seeing them with another girl sparked my interest, but either way, I don't think the friend zone is always permanent.

• This can backfire too ya know. It would make me think he liked the other girl and then I'd think some other man would like me better.

• This can either go 1 of 2 ways. 1) She won't care. 2) She will think you have lost interest and look for someone else.

• More from Girls
    7

What Guys Said 32

• Well, you see trying to make someone jealous is a childish and immature act, and plus I strongly believe that making someone jealous is immoral and totally not required. If the other person has friend zoned you or not showing interest then just move on, go out somewhere on a vacation or to another city or wherever you want, just live your life, don't contact that person and move away from that person ( who friend zoned you) in that way you may make that person miss you or think about you, instead of using this why try to make that person jealous? why play these mind games?

There is no need to waste time and energy on this. Jealousy is a very dangerous weapon and it's clearly not suggested to use that weapon and plus there are high, very high chances of failure, it will most certainly backfire on the person using that. Now, it might work on some women, or some men. I said it "might work" and in most cases it will simply fail or backfire on that person itself and they will not get the desired result.

Hence no matter what be it a man trying to make a woman jealous or a woman trying to make a man jealous, both are very wrong, both are morally wrong and can never be justified.

This is my honest opinion of all this.

• ugh, friendzone topic

here is what you need to realize about girls, they are either sexually attracted to you or not. There is no negotiating that and nothing you can do. You trying to make a girl who consider you a friend jealous is like one of your buddies trying to make you jealous by flirting with some random girl.

If she does feel anything, it will only be "alright britguy212! slam her good for me buddy!"

Now with that said some girls are to blame as I'll see them blatently brag about stringing a guy along that they have 0 interest in. For what reason? I wouldn't even know. But it does happen more often than girls are willing to admit.

My advice to you is to forget her and move on, there are billions of people on this planet. Somebody hotter, more interesting, and a person who you would have more chemistry with is always around the corner. None of us are really that special or unique.

• I guess she was really sexually attracted to him then

www.963bigfm.com/files/2014/05/gold-digger3.jpg

• @KENKONG

yes, some women do get sexually excited by money. Women married to rich men have higher orgasms than women who are married to lower income earning men.

• Dafuq about women get sexually excited by money

• I get what you're saying loud and clear, buddy. Make her jealous, like an immature child, and hurt another girl in the process.

You're easily hurting another girl for the pure fact that if you're giving her attention like that, she might think you actually have feelings for her. Only to realize you used her just to get at a girl who didn't want you in the first place. Then you never know if she'll tell the girl in the first place, causing said "friend" to "acquaintance-zone" you cause you've shown how low you'll go to make her feel bad.

And I'm always told it's females who play the cruel games. Nah, this shit here is immature, hurtful, and flat out petty.

• There's never any kind of jealousy that I've seen, not that I've ever flirted with someone to make someone else jealous.

I have avoided flirting with a new crush in front of an old one (if it's recent), and I try to avoid looking like the guy who just moves from girl to girl. That's more because when I do flirt, the girl will shut it down, and do it to humiliate me. It's designed to be cruel. I'm going to do my best not to open myself up to ridicule in front of a former crush.

• Good advice for those who want to play along with those ridiculous mind games. Being "friendzoned" is exactly because of the reasons point out, however, the solution is not inciting jealousy. Yeah, you will get more drama than usual, but you'll just end up being a manipulative jerk. If that's how you wanna go, that's your choice, it's a fair game.

There is a better way, though. What you say is true, women get put off by the deification, wearing hearts on sleeves and what have you - it is the attitude that's at fault here. Instead, be a man, be the one in control in your own small world, prove that you are capable of taking care of yourself, don't explain every single thing to her, it's not her business. You have to be straightforward and understanding - don't ever talk in circles, be out with it, that gives reason to take you seriously.

• Do note that what is required is not being fake. This is a whole new attitude and point of view, not just something you wear as a mask when you talk with the women you like.

• I don't think works.
    It's better to just be straight up with her about everything in a manly way.
    That is
    -ask her out directly, if you haven't already. none of that netflix and chill shit
    -introduce some type of kino to the mix
    -be prepared to move on if affections aren't returned

• It seriously works. But you have to do it in a way that doesn't show that you are doing it on purpose. It so happened to me the other day but I didn't even plan it. There were 2 girls I met and the one I msged. She was cool but there was nothing flirty or sexual. So I thought I would take it slow. But her friend showed massive signals towards me so I went strait in and asked for her number etc. it went ok, but another guy came into the picture and there was a bit of shit. So I cut this girl off. But then, the first friend I message all of a sudden gets very sexual with me and we hooked up.

• You really want to know how to escape? Stop being a fucking door mat for her to step on thats how. So, she says your just a friend, fine then treat her like a friend... a very distant friend, go out on dates, don't answer her calls now and then. Introduce her to your NEW girl friend but for the love of Cthulhu don't be a fucking fool stuck in the friend zone for fucks sakes. If she liked you she wouldn't friend zone yo ass in the first place.

www.quickmeme.com/.../...8b054eacaddb89f81b55d.jpg

• If she's jealous it's not jealous of your romantic intentions she's just jealous of the attention. So she'll sabotage your relationship with a different girl make her vanish and put you right back into craving after her and her spurring your advances.

• Sadly, this works, and works damn well. Women don't always friendzone guys just because he's ugly or something. Lots of guys get friendzoned for not playing the game to her liking. Bitchy, entitled women demand perfection, so if you make a misstep, that may be it for you. However, if you can display your value to her by getting another woman's attentions, you can flip the script.

• all these theories and techniques apply to a certain category- of usually toxic in one form or another- women. when i had to face my wife as a woman at our first stages i had to use none of these. i were just my self. a self these kinds of women dont dig. good thing is i dont dig theirs at all either so everyone is happy. so i believe some men that really struggle with these things dont have to change their attitude as much as they have to change their tastes and pursuits... .

• i believe the men that are completely doormats even among shy nerds etc are extremely rare. for most men that is not the case, they put some personal borders and have self respect.

• myTake Owner, has this worked for you? How did you do it? Was the object of your flirtation receptive? Was she in on the joke?

• Why even allow yourself to be " zoned " anyway , this tactic will simply backfire , as she was never into you anyway , plus you have proven yourself to lack real character , word spreads fast & this will ruin your chances with the said woman's friends & acquaintances. Simple solution , if " zoned " , then just walk away , NEVER contact her again & forget her !!

• guys shouldn't be writing stuff from the woman's pov.

• Assuming she had any attraction to you in the first place

• Stop concerning yourselves with the friendzone, be yourself and be honest, present yourself as such, and if they do not want you, then you should not want them unless they are better than you (morality wise), try getting on their level before you engage them.

• I've never been in the friendzone. I ask the girl out, get rejected, whine about it for a few days, then simply forget it. I haven't asked a girl out in 6 years, hence no rejection and no friendzone. Simple as that.

• If you make the girl jealous your not in a friend zone. Once there in the friend zone it's as good as doing the lottery and hoping to win.

• I still think being attractive would work better.

• Do you know what the difference is between a friend and a partner?
      Physical attraction and intimacy.

That's the only fucking thing that's different. Your partner is supposed to be your best friend. So by default, if you are friendzoned, that means you couldn't provide the person who friendzoned you with being physically attractive to them.

• Is that clip from an Old El Paso commercial? lol That little girl is adorable

• More from Guys
    12