What's the best way to escape the friendzone? Make her jealous!

The friendzone is something that a lot of men complain about but seem to not acknowledge that it stems from things they do wrong themselves. Friendzoned men are too little of a challenge, they wear their hearts on their sleeves, they deify the girl with whom they are in love and she can sense that and thus she knows you're someone to whom she can look for emotional support, or in other words - a friend.

However, you are more self-reflective than a lot of guys in the friendzone, and know that it's your own behaviour that's causing you to be friendzoned, but you are now asking yourself, what's the best way to leave the friend-zone? Well, I am here to tell you that it's jealousy. Nothing stokes the flames of attraction in a woman than jealousy. Nothing makes a girl more attracted to you than when she can see that other girls are getting more air-time than her, and that's something that players/assholes/douchbags and me know. They and I know how to play the jealousy game on women, and it works.

How do you make a girl jealous? Well, it's simple. You flirt with other women. However, you have to do it in the right way if you want to escape the friendzone. If you do it in a way that appears to be obvious that you're only doing it to "get back at her" then she'll sense you're butthurt, and game's off. You have to do it unapologetically, and inconspicuously. At first, it'll annoy her (make her jealous) completely because for as long as she has known, her lapdog (i.e. you) has been completely, utterly and so humbly dedicated to her, and that cannot happen! She'll protest at you. You just brush her off as being "creepy" and "needy". This'll annoy her (make her jealous) further.

After all this, you've flipped the script completely. No longer are you the chasee but rather the chased. She will pursue you in order to get more. However, at this point, the worst thing that you can do is fall back into your "friendzone" character. Be flirtatious. Be a challenge. Tease her. Make fun of her.

Other men would argue that seeing that you're getting success with other women, why worry about her? To which I would respond:

Whether women like to admit it or not, they know jealously is one of the best ways to get them attracted to you.

4358

Most Helpful Girls

• Want to escape the friend zone? Move on and get a girl who actually likes you romantically and let it go. You can't make a girl want you

Trying to make someone jealous is petty and immature and it shows the girl he still cares. So why he is still trying to make the girl jealous she is not even thinking about him.

• The picture at the top of the take explains it all.

• This is advice from a woman. Not every man has people who genuinely like them, and unfortunately due to the way gender roles are men have to act manipulative to make that happen. The vast majority of women do have people who just like them for them. Most men don't. So we have to get sneaky. this advice is for people like us. I know you don't want to hear this and you probably won't believe it, but dating is much easier for you. And when us guys see you women consistently going after men who are domineering, amoral, aggressive, manipulative and rude (or "confident" I think is the made up word you use), well we start doing that too, because that's how we get what we want. 95% of the guys you've ever been with were Machiavellian or narcissistic like this in some way, because if we aren't, no one cares about us at all. Some guys were just attractive enough that you ignored it.

• Yeah, had a guy friend do this to me and it didn't work. I was even more turned off by him because it said: "I'm petty and don't care if I hurt you, so instead of handling the rejection maturely I'm going to act like a 12 year old."

• What girls say and do are completely different. I've learnt that from experience.

• Someone got hurt in the past here, clearly.

• so he didn't do it right and it was obvious... as stated in the article. How would you have felt if you heard through a friend that he was doing well with the ladies?

Most Helpful Guys

• Well, you see trying to make someone jealous is a childish and immature act, and plus I strongly believe that making someone jealous is immoral and totally not required. If the other person has friend zoned you or not showing interest then just move on, go out somewhere on a vacation or to another city or wherever you want, just live your life, don't contact that person and move away from that person ( who friend zoned you) in that way you may make that person miss you or think about you, instead of using this why try to make that person jealous? why play these mind games?

There is no need to waste time and energy on this. Jealousy is a very dangerous weapon and it's clearly not suggested to use that weapon and plus there are high, very high chances of failure, it will most certainly backfire on the person using that. Now, it might work on some women, or some men. I said it "might work" and in most cases it will simply fail or backfire on that person itself and they will not get the desired result.

Hence no matter what be it a man trying to make a woman jealous or a woman trying to make a man jealous, both are very wrong, both are morally wrong and can never be justified.

This is my honest opinion of all this.

• How to get out the friend zone.

Girl thinking she is too good for you and you are beneath her for romantic relationship..red flag...

Hire escort/stripper to pose as your girlfriend for ex number of months who is insanely better than her in every physical way:

Her insecurity will show as to why your not orbiting around her and chasing her. Women are also insecure when they see a prettier girl better than them and will try to prove they are better than her by winning you from them.

Join the discussion

What Girls Said 41

• Yeah... no. That's not gonna work. She's not gonna give a flying fuck what you do if you're in the friendzone.

• 7d

She might if she has self esteem issues and likes you for the attention you give her. Some women friendzone guys for that reason. But you're not going to escape the friend zone. She'll still think of you as a friend. She'll just get pissed off/ jealous that you're not pursuing her anymore.

• The "friend zone" is when a girl doesn't like you, the end. That's it. Its impossible to make someone who doesn't like you jealous.
    When I don't like a guy who likes me, I hope he gets a girlfriend, I have even been a wingman for a couple guys before.. cause I want them to be happy! (And get over me.)

So if she's actually jealous, you were never in the friend zone in the first place. She was just denying her feelings for you.

• If she doesn't even like you to begin with, she won't be jealous though. She will only become jealous if she actually likes you (or if she's thirsty for attention) and in that case you're not even friendzoned to begin with. And if she becomes jealous because of the lack of attention/your attention being shifted onto some other girl, then she doesn't like YOU. She likes the attention. In which case she will still reject you if then start giving her attention again, because that's all she wants.
    This is simply not a good tactic.

• Also it can work against you in the long run, because 1) she might think you're just being a player, and will not even bother try to commit to you or 2) she will think you're not into her and she will move on.

• If a girl thinks in this way it means she's shallow, which means that she will leave you for another/hotter guy in the first chance! this technique is only for shallow girls who doesn't think of serious relationships!

• That's cruel to the other girl that you flirt with, just thinking about that made me mad already. Girls, what if you find out that the guy who is flirting with you is actually just does that to get attention from the girl that he likes, he's just using you! Horrible!

• Presumably he'd flirt with someone he might find desirable. If the object of his flirtation is receptive, maybe everyone might wind up happy.

• You miss something... in order to make her jealous she must be somewhat attracted to you to begin with. If she doesn't like you at all and just wants ego boost or want you for treats or I don't know what this won't work.

• If I didn't like you from the start, no amount of childish games is gonna change that. You can jump through hoops all you want, I'm only gonna find your "tactics" amusing and pathetic.

Your advice may work on women that sort of like the guy, but are keeping him on the back burner. It might also work on airheads that like to partake in equally stupid mind games.

But it will not work on a girl that is actually worth dating.

• I friendzoned the guy the moment I met him, and it's irreversible.

• I find jealousy is one of the best ways to get a guy attracted to a gal as well. To any male commenters that disagree: I find what guys say completely differ from what guys do.

• Male and female psyches differ. Playing hard to get doesn't work on me, vice versa does. Equality is a farce.

• You're so on the defensive. How men and women react to the opposite sex is different, lol. That's a fact. Deal with it.

media3.giphy.com/media/Nx2Lx1RmLadtC/giphy.gif

• It seems you're mad brah. That's okay.

I get that you don't like the thought that playing hard to get and using jealousy works on men. It's okay. You're just gonna have to deal with it.

Laters. You can keep commenting if you want. I won't be reading.

• This plan can backfire, specially if one does it on purpose.

She could get jealous, but she might not act or behave as expected.

Also, think about the girl you are using for jealousy. Yes, you are using someone in order to achieve a goal which it can be unrequited. What if she is or starts to like you?

• @iliamilik You have done what is in your might, you tried to contact him to explain the misunderstanding, but if he doesn't want to listen nor understand, then it is better to live him alone. Obviously, if you have still feeling for him, you won't date anyone else for a while till you feel you can move on. If he won't see it nor understand it, then that's his own problem and he isn't worthy for you.

• @iliamilik I said you tried, it is in your reply, not that you did it. I meant that you tried everything todo contact him and explain him, unless you know how to talk to him in person or in other ways you haven't mentioned.

• i haven't tried to explain anything to him

• as you know you can be jealous of someone else getting attention formerly reserved for you-- without actually wanting them for yourself. jealousy just means you think you're entitled to something. it doesn't mean love or affection or compassion or anything other than hostile possessiveness.

• There are about 12,985,612,329,183 ways to do this wrong, and maybe 2 or 3 ways to do it right.

If you have to read an article about it, there is no chance in hell that you can do it right. Not a sweet chance in holy hell.

Sry.

• This idea has some merit to it, since often times girls want anything dangling out of reach. If they are told or shown they can't have it, they want it more. Won't always work, but it's at least worth a shot.

• I would say that this should be the last resort, considering that the likelihood of it working as planned is pretty low. And you know, it's also a pretty immature technique.

• Actually, if you follow this guys advice, there's a good chance that she either won't care, or worse, she'll be happy for you, or even better- she'll hate you. And any slim chance you have will be gone. Good luck 👍

• If I placed a man in the friend zone that means I don't want him. So why would I be Jealous of him and another woman? I could have had him if I wanted him!

• This is the best way to figure out if you're ever going to have a chance with her. Either she'll get jealous and move on, or want to be with you or she'll be happy you're with someone - then you know she'll never be into you.

• I have to admit, I've friend zoned a lot of my guy friends and later changed how I felt about them. Whether I had known them for so long and couldn't see the attraction or seeing them with another girl sparked my interest, but either way, I don't think the friend zone is always permanent.

• It's actually way easier than that to escape the friendzone since the friendzone doesn't exist. Just tell her you're romantically interested in her instead of being mad she didn't read your mind.

• Trying to make someone jealous is stupid and pointless. It doesn't work. I know by experience. A guy tried to do this with me and I just so annoyed by his "every girl wants me and I'm make you jelly" behaviour that I dumped him at the party we were at and cut relationships with him. You might say that it was to much but I didn't know that he liked me and that behaviour just came across as annoying and uncaring. Besides, I didn't like him anyways. even if he had directly told me, I would still say no, even if in a much more amiacable way than the outcome that ended up happening with this petty move.

• 6d

Maybe in a disney channel teen drama. In the real world and when dealing with mature adults, these sleazy hollywood tactics are not going to get you any positive attention let alone any meaningful relationships.

Instead try honest communication, and if the person you have feelings for doesn't reciprocate the attraction, then you have to accept that and move on. It isn't exactly easy, but it is the best thing to do.

• If i was single and a dude I have no interest in tried that, I would laugh because I wasn't interested in the first place!

• It will only work if the girl you're trying to get with actually likes you more than a friend. If not, move on. Be the better version of yourself and maybe she will learn to love you later

• If she is a good girl who secretly maybe/kinda/sorta likes you, this will work.
    But also, if she is a selfish cunt this will also work. Selfish cunts feel that their guy friends exist to feed their ego and do favors for them, they forget that those guys have needs and will use the guy especially, if they know he likes them. So what will happen?
    When they sense other women could come into play, they will start acting as if you're dating, they'll flirt, they'll do anything to promise a relationship but actually say it. Once you reject other romantic prospects, she'll tell you what a good friend you are.
    The cycle will repeat if you want to keep this mindfuck going long enough for her to fall for you because she starts seeing you as desirable, a prize.. But then expect to be dumped when she gets you, other women back off and she realizes you're that same guy she friendzoned.

• Manipulative tactic shows how slimy the dude is. Why not... I don't know... move ON if you've been friend-zoned?

• What is it that is so bad being in the friend zone? The goal is to plant your seed? Come on... you can feel good just hanging out with people can’t you? Or can’t you...

• 50/50 and this goes for men and women alike. I posed a question on this and women that were friend zoned by a guy said they weren't able to remain friends because the rejection hurt too much.

• Being friends with people is beautiful. But when you get put in the friend zone as a guy the woman who put you there will consistently treat you as a fucking toy, because she already knows she has all the power. Someone in the friend zone isn't really a friend. You're expected to do all the hard parts of being in a relationship, and they do not return the favor. A woman who is my "friend" can call me crying every day for two weeks straight to get free emotional support from someone whose opinion doesn't matter to them, but the moment I have troubles, she's all, "I'm not your therapist."

It would be great if women who put you in the "friend-zonr" treated you as a friend. I've never been able to get anyone interested in me for very long. Manipulation and fake narcissism only work until I get sick of being a dick head and try to be a good guy again. At this point I'd love to just be friends with my crushes. But every time I try, they show no respect for my time and do not value my company, until THEY need something. That's a shitty friend, and they act like shitty friends because they know they're already holding all the cards

• 7d

Because if one person wants to go out and the other ends up with someone else, it makes that person feel as though they're not good enough. And it hurts.

• This can backfire too ya know. It would make me think he liked the other girl and then I'd think some other man would like me better.

• This can either go 1 of 2 ways. 1) She won't care. 2) She will think you have lost interest and look for someone else.

• This can work but it may just drive them away and you can lose them forever

• I won't be one of the multiple women to deny the existance of the friendzone. However, I believe there is a misconception about what it is. You don't step from dateable to "Oh no, we've been friends too long! I can't date him now!" If you're friendzoned, it's because you never had dating potential. You can't make someone jealous who never had romantic feelings for you, and odds are never will. Attraction, even if on a microscopic level, has to be immediate. If you're not her type, you're not her type. You never were. You probably never will. Hence why you're just friends.

• How do you make someone jealous who's not into you?

• Sometimes being in the friend zone doesn't mean someone isn't into you as much as it means they are getting everything they want from you so why do anything further. They could have your emotional support AND date someone else. That's two partners for the price of one.

• 3d

Well, without a specific scenario, it's impossible to say. But that kind of undermines your original comment here, which assumes that she's not into him.

• 3d

@SpearsAndStones Yes, that was my assumption. And I actually still believe this is most likely the case.

• Friend zones usually happen when the person never really liked you in the first place. Making someone jealous requires close feelings to already be there by BOTH people. So, just letting you know, this manipulative tactic isn’t going to do anything for you if you read the situation wrong.

And even when things like this does work... why would want to do this in the first place? Why would you want to play mind games and scheme to get a girl? Especially when she’s already made her platonic feelings clear. Why won’t you just let go of her and/or your feelings towards her?

This is how relationships end. When they start on some bullshit. All you’re doing is building a foundation of deceit. The same way you get em is the same way you gotta keep em, or else it’s the same way you’re gonna lose em. So why would you want to keep up this childishness?

I’m sorry but this whole thing is just so incredibly stupid to me. It doesn’t accomplish much whether this works for you or not.

• Show more from Girls
    11

What Guys Said 56

• There's never any kind of jealousy that I've seen, not that I've ever flirted with someone to make someone else jealous.

I have avoided flirting with a new crush in front of an old one (if it's recent), and I try to avoid looking like the guy who just moves from girl to girl. That's more because when I do flirt, the girl will shut it down, and do it to humiliate me. It's designed to be cruel. I'm going to do my best not to open myself up to ridicule in front of a former crush.

• 6d

She would have to be on the fence for this to even have a shot of working. Most friendzoned guys are chasing after women that have zero interest in them. In those cases they will be like "Good for you! Hope you are happy!"

• I don't think works.
    It's better to just be straight up with her about everything in a manly way.
    That is
    -ask her out directly, if you haven't already. none of that netflix and chill shit
    -introduce some type of kino to the mix
    -be prepared to move on if affections aren't returned

• all these theories and techniques apply to a certain category- of usually toxic in one form or another- women. when i had to face my wife as a woman at our first stages i had to use none of these. i were just my self. a self these kinds of women dont dig. good thing is i dont dig theirs at all either so everyone is happy. so i believe some men that really struggle with these things dont have to change their attitude as much as they have to change their tastes and pursuits... .

• i believe the men that are completely doormats even among shy nerds etc are extremely rare. for most men that is not the case, they put some personal borders and have self respect.

• I've never been in the friendzone. I ask the girl out, get rejected, whine about it for a few days, then simply forget it. I haven't asked a girl out in 6 years, hence no rejection and no friendzone. Simple as that.

• Stop concerning yourselves with the friendzone, be yourself and be honest, present yourself as such, and if they do not want you, then you should not want them unless they are better than you (morality wise), try getting on their level before you engage them.

• If she's jealous it's not jealous of your romantic intentions she's just jealous of the attention. So she'll sabotage your relationship with a different girl make her vanish and put you right back into craving after her and her spurring your advances.

• Sadly, this works, and works damn well. Women don't always friendzone guys just because he's ugly or something. Lots of guys get friendzoned for not playing the game to her liking. Bitchy, entitled women demand perfection, so if you make a misstep, that may be it for you. However, if you can display your value to her by getting another woman's attentions, you can flip the script.

• You can't make someone who doesn't like you jealous.

• Friend-zoned guys aren't liked for the simple fact that they are too emotionally open, available, and kind to the girl with whom they are in love. That's why she's "not attracted" to him, not because of anything else. If he changes his behaviour, he changes her perception of him.

• build sexual attraction by going into gym. But in general, man shouldn't bother with a woman if she doesn't fuck him within 3 meeting - if she doesn't this doesn't mean that she isn't like that, but it only means that she's not attracted to you. There will be always a guy who she'll bang in matter of hours or minutes.

• Lol. I just responded to another GAG question "Guys do you like when your girlfriend is jealous? and why?" that it's good to have her jealous.

Women are status driven creatures. They want what other women desire. The more women desire a male, the higher the status they assign (aka Alpha male-ness) and the more they want them.

What you are saying is accurate. Nothing will wet the nether regions of a friend zone girl than seeing her freind zoned guy desired by other women.

• Not worth trying but you can remain friends as long as the other person is honest when you ask to be more than friends.
    I've been told by someone they were interested but they weren't. When I found out she had lied to me for personal gain I was horrified. I found out she was seeing someone else simultaneously. The day I found out I had just given her expensive perfume and a birthday gift. Gifts you'd never give to a friend.

• Why would I want a women that only just wants to be friend "friends" jealous. I just walk right the fuck off because there are plenty of women out there.
    If a women doesn't respect and want me when I am at my best then I can't respect or want her if she can do that at my worst.

• Why even allow yourself to be " zoned " anyway , this tactic will simply backfire , as she was never into you anyway , plus you have proven yourself to lack real character , word spreads fast & this will ruin your chances with the said woman's friends & acquaintances. Simple solution , if " zoned " , then just walk away , NEVER contact her again & forget her !!

• ugh, friendzone topic

here is what you need to realize about girls, they are either sexually attracted to you or not. There is no negotiating that and nothing you can do. You trying to make a girl who consider you a friend jealous is like one of your buddies trying to make you jealous by flirting with some random girl.

If she does feel anything, it will only be "alright britguy212! slam her good for me buddy!"

Now with that said some girls are to blame as I'll see them blatently brag about stringing a guy along that they have 0 interest in. For what reason? I wouldn't even know. But it does happen more often than girls are willing to admit.

My advice to you is to forget her and move on, there are billions of people on this planet. Somebody hotter, more interesting, and a person who you would have more chemistry with is always around the corner. None of us are really that special or unique.

• I guess she was really sexually attracted to him then

www.963bigfm.com/files/2014/05/gold-digger3.jpg

• @KENKONG

yes, some women do get sexually excited by money. Women married to rich men have higher orgasms than women who are married to lower income earning men.

• Dafuq about women get sexually excited by money

• I get what you're saying loud and clear, buddy. Make her jealous, like an immature child, and hurt another girl in the process.

You're easily hurting another girl for the pure fact that if you're giving her attention like that, she might think you actually have feelings for her. Only to realize you used her just to get at a girl who didn't want you in the first place. Then you never know if she'll tell the girl in the first place, causing said "friend" to "acquaintance-zone" you cause you've shown how low you'll go to make her feel bad.

And I'm always told it's females who play the cruel games. Nah, this shit here is immature, hurtful, and flat out petty.

• Assuming she had any attraction to you in the first place

• If you make the girl jealous your not in a friend zone. Once there in the friend zone it's as good as doing the lottery and hoping to win.

• myTake Owner, has this worked for you? How did you do it? Was the object of your flirtation receptive? Was she in on the joke?

• guys shouldn't be writing stuff from the woman's pov.

• If a girl doesn't like me I just move on, instead of being in limbo

• What a load of rot, when a female friend zones you. She does not consider you a dateable man, so she has no romantic interest in you. You may be the guy she calls when she needs something done, when she needs a free meal, when she wants something and does not have to money to buy it. She needs to bitch about another guy, when she wants to try to make another guy take notice that she is not sitting around waiting on him.

But she will never go out on a romantic date with you, and she sure as hell is not going to have sex with you.

• I hope I never get so pathetic that I think about trying to get someone jealous like this. If a girl shows no interest I just move on.

• Is that clip from an Old El Paso commercial? lol That little girl is adorable

• The best way to move on from a friend zone is to move on and keep searching there is no point and causing unessesary effort to change something that rarely changes and most likely won’t change at all.

• u dont escape the friendzone because there is no need just stop talking to her and never talk to her again because what for if she is not interrested in u sexually , i dont need a female "friend"

thats why i dont have female friends only dudes and my girlfriend

i do not believe in friendship between man and a woman
    u are my girlfriend or u are not my girlfriend u can't be my friend - sorry but no

u will not cry on my shoulder u will not talk to me over some bullshit i dont want to hear
    those things are reserved for my girlfriend not for friend

• I don't know if I would recommend making her jealous. I just think as a single guy, you need to always date and have fun with multiple women. Just focus on having fun. Don't do the friendzone thing. And if you are attracted to one lady, never focus in on just her unless you are certain she feels the same way. That way you can ask her out and talk about becoming serious without being too invested. And if she seems hesitant or weird about it. Just dismiss her.

"Oh, I see you are kind of unsure about things. Its okay. I just liked you and thought we could become a little closer. I see you are not that into me."

And then just move on. Sure, it will be awkward and she will probably be giving you those side glances. But make her commit first. Don't you be the one out there dangling. Because I don't know many American women who are going to save you.

• You escape the friendzone by refusing to partake in it. If she friendzones you, just avoid her. You don't have to be her friend. That is not an obligation. Men are well within their rights to avoid women who've rejected them. That's not being vindictive. It's being prudent. Put space in between the two of you and your feelings will start to fade. Once those feelings go away, you won't feel the need to be chasing her heels. Then you'll be free. Don't make her jealous. Just be done with her altogether. It's not rocket science.

• Good advice for those who want to play along with those ridiculous mind games. Being "friendzoned" is exactly because of the reasons point out, however, the solution is not inciting jealousy. Yeah, you will get more drama than usual, but you'll just end up being a manipulative jerk. If that's how you wanna go, that's your choice, it's a fair game.

There is a better way, though. What you say is true, women get put off by the deification, wearing hearts on sleeves and what have you - it is the attitude that's at fault here. Instead, be a man, be the one in control in your own small world, prove that you are capable of taking care of yourself, don't explain every single thing to her, it's not her business. You have to be straightforward and understanding - don't ever talk in circles, be out with it, that gives reason to take you seriously.

• That would only work if she has any sort of feelings for you. And if she sees you doing it deliberately, it may make her see you as petty.

• Show more from Guys
    26