4 Things Single People Are Tired Of Hearing

Anonymous

Dating as we know it has changed in the modern world, especially in a world where dating sites/apps, social media, and smartphones are very prevalent.

It seems like getting dates, hookups, and flings are easy but the most challenging part is actually finding a serious relationship. Having said that, while getting dates and hookups is better than nothing, they are only fun while they last and the process can be tiring when you feel like you're constantly starting fresh and the cycle continues where you date someone till it ends, whether you end it or the other party does.

Here are some things I've been told that I get tired of hearing when having my issues with dating or getting screwed over by someone I truly liked.

1. "There's plenty of fish in the sea."

While this is true, what good is it if the results end up the same way. I mean I take accountability for my actions and don't blame the entire gender for bad experiences, but the worst part is when you keep trying and don't know what's causing you to consistently fail. I try to keep my options open as well until there's exclusive talk but generally it doesn't even get to that point.

2. "Love happens when you least expect it."

That also may be true but there's no set timeline for these experiences as everyone goes through life differently. Even at times when we find someone that we feel are a match and then it ends abruptly, there's no guarantee of finding someone else shortly afterwards or whenever for that matter. Also, dry spells happen. It has seemed that when one's interested, many are, but no one is, no one is. It also gets confusing because were supposed to be putting in effort and making the move, but if it doesn't work out, were supposed to just sit back and wait for someone to come into our life? I mean for other people that actively look and find someone, they should be cheered while those of us who struggle should just stop?

3. "You're too picky."

I'm not the pickiest person out there, but I also have standards. There is no such thing as a perfect woman or man for that matter, but the person has to be at least somewhat physically attractive, have a good personality, and some things in common. If they are completely lacking in one of these departments then it won't work out. I've had dates where the girl is really cute but we don't click or have nothing in common as well as times where the girl has things in common and a good personality but I have no physical attraction and I can't force it. I've tried settling before and I just felt desperate. It's also a waste of time.

4. "You'll find somebody."

This kinda builds off number 2 but while this sounds like encouraging and helpful, you don't know when it'll happen. When I got rebounded and told people some people about how messed up the situation was, they'd say move on you'll find someone at a concert or whatever hobby you have. It just doesn't work like that and kinda gives false hope.

Having said that. This isn't to blame an entire gender for our issues, whether it be girls or guys. That mentality doesn't help anyone. It can just be frustrating when you put effort in and have nothing to show for it especially when it all ends up the same way.

While these phrases seem like sound advice and encouraging, the main problem is they don't exactly help and most of the time we don't know what we're doing on our end that could be causing our struggles. It could be due to the other person, but it could also be due to ourselves as well and how do we know what to improve on if no one tells us what we're doing wrong?

10
15
10Girl Opinion
15Guy Opinion

Most Helpful Girl

• Shorty1991

I always get asked "so, have you got a boyfriend yet?" by acquaintances or friends of the family that I don't see very often.
    When I answer "no, I've been on dates but just haven't found the right person yet."
    They always reply back with "well you'll need to get your finger out and get a boyfriend then" or "you're wasting away, its about time you had a boyfriend. . . you're 25"
    So annoying, I know I'm a late bloomer. But I'd rather remain single than be with someone who's not right for me.

Like 7 People
    Is this still revelant?
    • Anonymous

Yeah it's better to be single than to settle for someone you have no feelings for just like it's better to be single than to be with someone who brings the worst out of you and makes you feel unloved/unappreciated.

I dated a girl that was on the rebound and she was very cute and we had so much in common, but her constant hot and cold behavior was so much to handle. Then eventually I discovered her true colors which fucked me up. I felt so insecure with her due to her constant hot and cold behavior and didn't wanna call her out on it because it might have ended things sooner plus she would have turned it on me.

Most Helpful Guy

• Tony1974

The problem you have is nobody can be honest anymore. We don't want to cause a scene so we hide the truth instead of being honest and helping other person. If nobody ever tells you the reason why they are really breaking up, how can you change and adapt?

Like 1 Person
    Is this still revelant?
    • Anonymous

Exactly. We don't know how to improve ourselves if no one tells us what's causing us to struggle. It's like when I had this teacher who didn't teach and I asked him how I can improve my grade and all he said was you just need to do better. *rolls eyes*

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

914
  • TheFlak38

I for one haven't heard this for the last 2 years.

Reply
    • Anonymous

I mean not everybody says this, but I've heard it from some people.

• TheFlak38

Yes of course. I don't deny this isn't true.

• Anonymous

Clap Clap. Great mytake. Im tired of hearing this shit too

Like 1 Person
    Reply
    • Anonymous

Yeah, these are just very cliche answers that don't help anything. What's even more annoying is when you do find someone and then it ends badly, you still hear the same shit.

A few months ago I got rebounded, used, and ditched after sex by a girl I really liked and when I told others about it, they acted like I was being needy and clingy and then said just move on or there'll be other girls as if everything was ok after that.

• Anonymous

I never thought that guys could be used for sex

• Anonymous

Well the girl I was seeing just got out of a 5 year relationship shortly before we met so I think she was just looking for casual sex and getting used to being single.

And the thing is I'm ok with casual sex and hookups, but if that's your intention then make that clear. I mean I wasn't trying to rush into a relationship by any means but she led me on and insisted on hanging out more only to be ditched after sex then blocked from social media.

• Anonymous

well most men have to pretend they are someone else to get a woman. one of the main reasons i'll never seduce one is exactly that. i'll change for NOONE. and i'm already conscious enough to know most women wouldn't put up with my true character. not that i'm bad just not what they look for.

Reply
    • Anonymous

Well I've been able to attract women initially, but not in the long term. Only ones who wanted to stick around were ones I wasn't attracted to or they super clingy, insecure, and controlling. Wasn't gonna put up with that.

• Anonymous

true. some that can put up with me, i can't put up with them... .

• Anonymous

I mean you can't force yourself to be attracted to someone you aren't.