Common Misconceptions About Beautiful Women

I've been noticing a lot of misconceptions people have about beautiful women lately, both online and in the real world. I don't claim to be an expert on women but I have enough experience to know a straight out lie when I hear one. In this take I will list some misconceptions I commonly hear about beautiful women and explain what is actually going on. This mostly applies to very good looking women from the perspective of an average joe, and may not be the case with dating in general.

Really beautiful women rarely get asked out

I don't know where people get this one from, but the idea is that most guys are too intimidated to ask out a woman who is extremely attractive, since they will almost certainly get rejected. Therefore such a woman doesn't hardly gets approached by guys.

In reality, super gorgeous women get asked out all the time. There is no "upper limit" where if the girl is too hot, guys are just too scared to approach her.. There are a lot of confident guys out there and there are a lot of guys who will just say "fuck it" and ask out a woman way out of their league because they have nothing to lose. The most beautiful women get approached/asked out the most. Simple.

Women care a great deal about money

This has basically become a cliche. If you want a hot girlfriend, just get rich. A woman will date any guy if he has money. Women dating guys for their money is not a predominant narrative as far as I've seen, and I've heard countless women saying they would rather date a good-looking guy living in a cardboard box than a rich average-looking guy.

And if a woman really wanted a rich boyfriend, there are plenty of good-looking guys with wealthy parents. She could just date one of them. No need to go for a guy who just has money and nothing else

Leagues don't exist

While this one technically is true, it's really up to the women to decide this and if she thinks you're below her league, that might as well be objective reality.If you do ask out a woman who is out of your league, you can be sure that most of the time, she will know perfectly well that she can do better (at least physically) than this guy asking her out and act accordingly.

Common Misconceptions About Beautiful WomenCommon Misconceptions About Beautiful Women

Even if she says no to you, she will respect you for having the balls to ask her out

I don't hear this one as much, but it's out there. The idea that you earn points just for being able to "man up" and ask her out/approach her, when in fact that's not the case. That's not to say that she will hate you for it...it simply makes no difference to what she thinks of you at all. You won't become more of a catch to her because just because you're not scared to go after the girl. You will just be a guy who asked her out.

2737

Most Helpful Girl

• About 99% of the attention beautiful women get is unwanted, not because they are evil and stuck-up but because these desperate nothing to lose types harass them all the time, crowding out the few decent ones they wish would talk to them. That's what that statement means so you are partially correct. When someone is attractive, less controlled people forget their manners and create a hostile ironic situation for them. Dating is so much easier for average women.

• Oh? Tell me again about how all beautiful women, or even one of them for that matter, told you to speak for them?

• get your bitter ass outta here. u probably one of the guys who purposely act rude to a girl a girl with good genetics. Stop thinking all women are out for dick and u won't feel rejected.

• @kumaknow Girls with good genetics? You mean pretty girls? No, I dont. I act rude to girls who are rude to me. I don't act rude to them based on what they look like.

Most Helpful Guy

• 10's or really hot beautiful women hardly ever get asked out on a PROPER DATE. Getting hit on by beer breath losers doesn't count. The stereotype is that they are high maintenance which in itself can be flawed to a point but to say HOT chicks get asked out all the time simply IS NOT TRUE. There is a huge difference between asking a girl out on a proper date and just hitting on her.

• I think the type of approach they get varies, just like with other women. Sure, they get beer breath losers hitting on them, but they also get approached by decent guys who are more serious about dating them. The approach I personally use is I at least want to have a short conversation with them so i can at least get a minimal impression of what she's like before deciding to spend a few hours with them.
      .

• @IceCubedude wow, Conan sure is creepy.

• Dirtbags read Maxum. Cool guys like babes dot com.

Join the discussion

What Girls Said 26

• 1. Beautiful women rarely get asked out:
    So false it kind of makes me laugh. Yes there are guys who get intimidated by beautiful women, but there's enough guys out there who have enough balls or alcohol to do it. My best friend always compares how many guys hit on each of us when we go out. Sometimes she gets nothing, but I either have guys or girls hit on me every time (I'm the prettier one.) I've never been able to go out to a club or bar without getting hit on (no it's not all by respectable guys, but the point is there's always someone hitting on a beautiful woman.)

2. Women care a great deal about money:
    False because women do care about money, but not a great deal. Women only care about money to the extent that you can pay your bills and cover your standard of living. Most women will not date men below their income level, but most women date non-rich men as well. Having success and money makes a man more attractive, but you don't have to have money and success to be attractive

3. Leagues don't exist:
    True for women looking for a committed relationship. If a girl is looking for commitment or something else long-term, then leagues as far as physical attraction are not important. Women aren't as visual as men, so having enough confidence as an average guy to go up to a beautiful woman can win her over (if you have a great personality as well). Leagues only apply for hookups and guys who believe in them

4. Even if she says no, she'll still respect you:
    This depends on the girl and how you approach her. I don't respect anybody who starts by tracing the polka-dots on my thigh or grabs my ass. But if you're going to be respectful and introduce yourself and your friends and create conversation, then yes, I will still respect you. I will never look down on a guy for finding me attractive or wanting to ask me out, but your approach can cause me to lose respect for you and feel harassed or violated

I think you understand the gist of it pretty well

• How about u ladies lower your standards and stop telling men to lower there's. I dont date women nor will i ever do so. Im not ugly nor do i wish to be treated as such. The reality of the job market is such that only those with several years experience get the good paying jobs and status or born into money. a lot of men have to do it the hard way. Also, why dont u approach men who if lower value than you and get to know them instead of expecting a guy to have all this stuff.

• You don't deserve any man. And no, treat a woman good, she will walk over you and take advantage. Treat a woman like shit and she will love you, which is why so many bad men end up with all the nice women. You are delusional and do not speak the truth.

• @HandsomeGuy500
      I deserve a great man, one who is a thousand times better than you

Women do not walk on men who treat them well; women love and appreciate men who treat them well. Women walk on desperate losers. Women leave assholes who cheat on them and treat them poorly. Bad men end up alone and often in prison because they treat women poorly and make poor decisions in life

I'm certainly not delusional, but you appear to be so. I encourage you to seek treatment. I speak the truth and I speak facts and science

• Tbh confidence is rarely enough to get a hot girl. It is a must BUT confidence alone ain't enough. They have to have things to be confident about.
    If he's unattractive and not successful in his life, it will be hard to get a Hot Girlfriend even if he's confident.

• I think confidence is the same as physical attractiveness in that it compel women to take a closer, but the guy still has to have something else going for him.

What if the guy is not physically attractive and not successful, but he's confident because he got a lot of attention from girls in his young years? I think that's the kind of thing where it gets tricky.

• Uneducated? In the USA it's college graduated that have got us in the mess we are in.

• Not successful =not R$ch.

• I think that many gorgeous looking girls do care about money. All my girlfriends work in the modeling industry and all of them will only date a guy if he's wealthy with the exception of the ones who were with that guy since they were very young and are already attached. It's sad but true.

• True, you rarely see beautiful female models date male models unless it's in the adult entertainment industry.

• Sick I'm only 2k away from qualifying as a wealthy man, now I can get all the modeling girls woohoo

• @frozenhorizon awesome that's great!! Good for u :)

• I don't f**king care about money, I'd date a poor guy. But it matters If his heart is poor. Plus I'm ugly and no one asked me out...

• you are fucking hot not ugly

• Lol. Fair enough.

1. I did not vote for Trump. I voted Bernie Sanders.
      2. The majority of Americans DID NOT vote for Trump... but.. he did win the most states.
      3. Bisexuality is pretty common in the usa as well. at least based on my exes.

You be you. Rock on! You will find that guy. Dont worry. It happens unexpectedly. He could be in line at the store tmrw. Thats what makes things fun. Enjoy the adventure! there's nothing wrong with you. As a guy I know most of us are assholes.

• @Apope16 Thanks for not alienating me. Can you pm me? :)

• a) It is reality, not a misconception.
    b) Who doesn't? I'll tell you who - only the rich.
    c) If you're over the age of 12 - they actually don't exist.
    d) Reality, not a misconception.

• Wish it was a misconception

• Another one I've heard, that I didn't add to this take, is that if she turns you down, and you're nice about and wish her good day before moving on, it will cause her to think what a great guy you must be and rethink the rejection. I handle rejection very graciously. I don't bother the girl for a second longer and I don't sulk about it. I have never, in my life, had a woman call me back after she rejecting me and saying "wait, you actually seem like a cool guy! Of course I'll go out with you."

• The thing with that one is - you've probably never gotten as far as to give them the number... or vice versa, and even if you have - they aren't going to reconsider you romantically... just will see you as a better person than they expected because, believe it or not, many women actually expect a pretty rude response when they reject someone... no matter how polite the rejection.

• There are guys who get intimidated by really attractive women. But overall, attractive women get MUCH more attention from men than unattractive women do. They still will get asked out more, and find relationships and hookups more easily.

• i dont know to talk to attractive women and lot of them i have approached have been mean for no reason.

• @smartman12 not for no reason apparently. you can be ugly, creepy or uncofident. definitely not very socially savy though... .

• @smartman12 I'm not saying attractive women will always accept the offers they receive. I'm simply saying that they do get the most offers.

• A for effort but, err no.
    What point are you attempting to make with this gen? "if a woman really wanted a rich boyfriend, there are plenty of good-looking guys with wealthy parents. She could just date one of them. No need to go for a guy who just has money and nothing else

• "but, err no. "

Sure hon

• "I met a guy and he's a Doctor... (excited shrieks from girlfriends in the room begins)..." = $$$$$$$

• I don't care about money or if he is ugly or good looking. What I only care about is if he has a good heart and is willing to put in the effort of the relationship.

• No you dont. I say that speaking for millions of nice guys out there friend zoned. Lol

• its sad that many people dont believe us the few rational women. not even some women agree. its sad and mostly an issue of education in my opinion... .

• Ok if the guy has money money and looks but if he is an ass and has negative intentions towards certain aspects in life, I can't accept that as he is then. I rather be with someone who can respect me and be open minded.

• I'm not a beautiful woman by any stretch of the imagination so I have very little comparative knowledge to add to this discussion. I'm generally the one who goes after the guy. LOL

• But you can't just opt out on the thought of the information being correct. Womans minds are generally the same. Beautiful woman have it easy at times.

To be honest, I'm not the greatest looking myself, but understand the meaning to a lot of woman, and thats why I tend not to date. Its almost not even worth it.

From what it sounds like, woman are leaches, and could care less about the real fundamentally aspects that keep a relationship going.

• Only reason why I'm now saying something else, because of what you said to yourself. Why you putting yourself down? Your a beautiful woman :)

• @Gustafsone12584 It's not a put down. I don't want to be beautiful. It seems rather sad and lonely being put on a pedestal. Forever to be judged. I'd much rather be part of the crowd than the focus of it.

• Why I wouldn't date a rich a guy?
    Rich one is just a pig, who want a "beatiful" whore to do with her what he wants.
    Did you read Orwell's "Animal Farm"?
    "Humans are pigs and pigs are humans.."
    The thing that I want to say is I don't give a **** about the money!
    It's just because I don't want to be treated like ****, I'm not his slave and I don't keep my mouth shut, never.
    I don't want stupid gifts if he mess up something to feel better, no, if I want something, I will buy it with my own money.
    No, I'm not a trophy.
    And no, I'm not beautiful and no one asked me out.
    I have a boyfriend. He is great, non materialistic and mine, that's enough.

• delusional people down voted this comment lol

• ''Why I wouldn't date a rich a guy?''
      Because you need to be at least ''attractive'' looking.

• Er yeah I don't care that "beautiful women have problems too!!111". No one actually cares, in fact.

• Whoa, what in the fuck? Did you read a thing I said? Where do you see me saying anything about beautiful women having problems too? I don't see how a 23 year old's reading comprehension could be this poor. I suggest you get your hood rat ass back into high school and actually trying to finish it this time.

• Calling me a "hood rat"? Who is generalizing now? Lmao

• Agree with all of this. And yes, most women are not JUST after money. But this statement:
    "and I've heard countless women saying they would rather date a good-looking guy living in a cardboard box than a rich average-looking guy."
    Lol I doubt any girl has actually said that. Or you've grossly taken it out of context.

Whats true is that women want a guy who has power, i. e. social prowess, a manager or a boss, has his own company, etc. The money goes along with that.

• "Whats true is that women want a guy who has power, i. e. social prowess, a manager or a boss, has his own company, etc. The money goes along with that."

That is what it is really about. I have seen that my entire life. It's a shame but the way of the world.

• most women of your cycles. once again. you filter it through you.

• babe most girls value a pretty face. lets cut the crap. i'm not afraid to admit it. money, power, and a big rod aret bad additions either. the character is another topic.

• Some women do care a great deal about money.

Also, as for the last point, when I was in middle school, a guy asked a pretty girl to the dance, and she said yes because he had the courage to ask her out in front of the other girls.

• I notice that people just naturally assume that because someone is beautiful their lives are perfect, not the case!

• but I do think that attractive women aren t approached much unless they literally exhibit themselves and act all flirty.

• I never been the one to be Asked out. People say I'm pretty but I don't think so. I'm not that attractive. I get shy around guys cause I'm afraid of rejection.

• I think the first point is true i have seen it many times from my friends and sister unfortunately i can't relate😁

• Thanks. I don't know where people hear that the best looking women never get approached because guys are too intimidated by them.

• Attractive people will rule the world because of their superiority. Ugly people are terrible

• hmm.. interesting :D

• All of this is very true

• I appreciate this.

• Lol, thank you.

• I am not ugly and i agree with you... i mean no one asks me out and when a guy does, he will tell me that he was intimidated and that he thought i would reject him

• These women calling themselves beautiful. How conceited and vain xD have a Sweetwater lol

• This is mostly true, but I would disagree with #1. Yes, we get attention, but it's not the kind type of attention where we are asked out on dates, it's dudes honking and catcalling us. And they don't back out no matter what, like seriously, I once got catcalled while holding hands with my boyfriend. :

• The woman you picked for your pictures certainly aren't beautiful

• Great!

What Guys Said 36

• It appears that you believe that others have formed assumptions about the behavior of beautiful women, you have decided that those assumptions are not well founded, so you have simply told us your assumptions. You may be right about these issues, but what objective basis do you have to believe that you are right and others are wrong?

Why not post a series of polls posing these questions and take a look at the responses? I know that poll results on G@G do not necessarily reflect life in the real world, but it represents a broader base of opinions than just yours or mine.

• As a woman who knows plenty of women I can attest in my 22 years of living this is most generally true

• Because I know from experience that these points I've made are true, except the one about money. I admit that I might be wrong on that one, I don't really have solid evidence for it but I think I'm right. But it seems people are misinterpreting that one anyway.

Polls? Yeah, I might actually do that, just for fun.

• I would say self-confidence gets way more dates than money. A shy rich guy will not get dates and can usually spot the golddiggers right away.

• Every misconception holds a smaller truth. The issue is that most are exaggerated. Most beautiful women are asked out less but also most women are asked out less in general compared to the past. Women also do care about money. If a guy has a career that can put from no chance at all to a maybe but not a definite yes. Leauges do exist but not in the way we think. Leagues are different for each person and are based on different things. If you think you don't subconsciously rate people on who you would or wouldn't date then you're wrong. But different things are attractive to different people. I know that I would not be able to date a model that's a fact. I am overweight and have a minimum wage job it's only realistic. But I'd probably not have anything in common anyway so why worry. Lastly women will respect guys who are respectful and most will be extra nice to guy they see leaving their comfort zone. If you're the shy quiet guy in class and you get the courage to ask her you expect her to say yes but at least be polite and nice.

• "In reality, super gorgeous women get asked out all the time"

I seem to recall a Patrice O'Neal bit where he asked either Opie or Anthony, can't remember which, something like:

"How many times do you think a truly beautiful woman gets asked out daily? 15 times? Maybe more than that? And that's IF the guy just assumes she doesn't already have a boyfriend."

I think men themselves forget that there are fucking dozens of men out there that are retards who have way too much confidence and will just ask out any girl, and these men are usually the ones that can shake off rejection like it's nothing.

Getting a beautiful woman isn't THAT difficult, though. Find one that's a few cards short of a deck, offer her something that other guys don't really give her often (and it doesn't have to be money/gifts) and see how she reacts to it. Being aloof is one way to do though, but being aloof doesn't automatically mean you're like Ryan Gosling in Drive, being aloof can also mean you're a dude like Chevy Chase in Fletch, you're just a dickhead that's hard to read because you sound like such an authority on things, even when you don't really know what you're talking about. That works just as well.

• Being aloof does not work at all. Being a confident dirtbag does. Self-confidence or money is what most women respond to. If you are shy guy your life will be hell always.

• Women really don't care about looks that much. You seem to give importance to a guy's looks, which is not as important as personality and presentation of the guy

• Yeah, I know that don't. I'm not saying women care that much about looks, but that just means they have higher standards when it comes to personality and things like that. Beautiful women still have their pick among guys, my pakistani friend.

• LOL, long time, last time I checked you were into Justin Bieber :D

• I do believe the league deal is bull, I shave my head from a condition where I lost my hair and still will only accept a 7/10 as the lowest I'd go in terms of attractiveness. True I may get rejected a couple more times before one says yes but if a guy is willing to keep going until one says yes, one beauty eventually will, no matter what he looks like

• Really beautiful women rarely ignore they're really beautiful. They know it since elementary school because so many people told them. It reflects on their personality

Women who rarely get asked should not think it's because of their looks but rather think which reaction guys expect from them. If guys really only look at their 'assets'.
    Expected availability is a major factor, more than looks. At social level as well as sexual level.
    Who wants to be snobbed?

• "If you do ask out a woman who is out of your league, you can be sure that most of the time, she will know perfectly well that she can do better (at least physically) than this guy asking her..."
      Q. E. D.
      Her *perceived* league as perceived by her and her court.

• I think you are trying to make things more complicated with this my take. I don't know from where have you brought the first 2 things from. If you think this much , you can't be yourself and eventually get nervous around any woman.

• How can you base this on all "beautiful" women whenever so many guys have different taste as to what they find beautiful?
    Overall I mean take a shot with the girls you like because it's not going to happen unless you do but this still basically feels like moving from one stereotype to another.
    However The other thing that is building on these misconceptions is the online dating world.

• 1, 3 and for, yup. Spot on.
    As for 4, other guys will respect you tough.

And as for 2. Yeah , not all women care that much for money, or as much as guys believe. But if you have money, you can get plenty of women. But they can be shallow and bitches..

• I like that quote.

I know some guys who have gotten women far more attractive than they are by just having the balls to go for it, and, if they DO get shot down, as often happens, they've forgetten about it 5 minutes later.

• There should be one a misconception about persistence. Like how realistic was that scene in the Notebook where Ryan Gosling was heckling her to go out with him until she said yes so that he wouldn't kill himself

• If you think that the immense majority of gorgeous women don't care about dating a guy that has pretty good money, then I have many bridges to sell you.

Good luck finding a young gorgeous woman that is dating a minimum wage earner.

• I dated two women who were models and as stunningly beautiful as one might expect. One could have passed for the younger sister of model/actress Jaclyn Smith.
    What I learned from their and the other models, who I met through them, was that these young women were often so lonely that they cried themselves to sleep.
    Sure, they were hit on a lot. . . by creeps, players and bad boys.
    The 'good girls' craved the attention of decent young men, but such men did not make a move, because they thought that they would not have a chance.
    The first model I dated was mid 20s. I was the first man to take her to dinner in a silver-service restaurant and I was the first to send her a rose with a card the next day.
    I was stunned when she told me that.
    The second model had a similar story.
    To decent young men who think that any girl is out of their league, my advice would be to make the move and see what happens. You might be surprised by the response.

• That's what I tried to explain and got snapped at.

• Shy guys and shy girls never get together. That totally sucks because most shy guys are not shy at all when they are comfortable around a girl. It's the initial contact that shy guys suck at.

• Geez, my typing skills are really bad. Lol

• I agree with everything, except the money aspect.

If you don't think money is on their minds, then how do you explain how virtually every famous man can get almost any woman? Look at all the "sexy" male celebrities with "good looking" girlfriends/wives. Hugh Hefner has girls all over him, and I doubt they find a man his age "good looking."

Even besides famous men, I know many wealthy men in real life who have girls all over them. My mom is a nurse, and used to work in a hospital with OBESE doctors who had "trophy wives." Of course, beauty is subjective anyway, but I must strongly disagree with you on this one.

I have noticed once women reach their 30's, and beyond, they start looking at personality, and other aspects more often, but when it comes to young women in their 20's, it's all about the cash.

• It's money and self-confidence. More so self-confidence. Hefner pays the models. I can "date" hundreds of women legally in some some countries if I pay them but that does not count.

• Beauty is only skin deep. We all age and get old and wrinkles. Beauty is very over rated.

• Pretty women have their pick all the way to their mid 40's and beyond these days. .

• Most models do not age well. It's not a healthy lifestyle.

• @realworld2017 that is very true.

• This list is just plain not true. I dont know anyone who assumes hot girls dont get asked out.

The rest of the list is just plain false. Hot women live in a privileged status where they can dump a guy anytime and find a new one. They will easily go for a guy who can provide financially. In the caveman days looks and muscle mattered. Today, its money. Thats why fatty with a gut has the hot chic at his side 10 years younger.

Its a money class. Guys know this. Drive up in a benz and say hello. If you're not rich, workout in the gym and then pray before you approach her.

• In USA a woman does not even have to hot to treat men like dirt although shy guys never ask girls out so girls are left mostly with dirtbags.

• Women have feelings and men have preferences.

Now where's my 5 Xper points.

• That one about money has much more than a grain of truth to it. They're called gold diggers and the most successful ones usually have the best looks.

• I don't know where you got your information, but only the last one is untrue.

1. It IS true that the most beautiful women do not get asked out as often as one might think. Many men are intimidated by them.

2. Women, especially women with ambition and extreme beauty do care about money. Those women who don't have either accepted they cannot attract a man with money or haven't figured out that they care yet. Don't believe that women care about money? Then sit in on a divorce court.

"A woman will date any guy if he has money" Not any guy, but wealth is an attractive trait.

"there are plenty of good-looking guys with wealthy parents"
    No, there are not. And he isn't the one who is wealthy.

3. Yes, they do. However, it is more complicated than being just about looks.

4. More likely, if a loser asks a high quality woman out, she will be offended that he thinks she would say yes.

• a good take, it reflects the reality iam tired of people talking like they know what they are talking about when in reality they have no idea.

everything you mentioned is 100% true, if it werent i would dating the hottest of chicks every month, i get attention from girls a lot and i have had plenty of super hot women who seemed quite interested in me, but everytime i think about making a move the girl turns out to be taken, usually by a less attractive guy who happens to have money or something else going for him that the girl wants, i dont think girls want millionaries but your own home and a good paycheck goes a long long way.

all in all the points you made are good and you explained it very well.

• beauty is more than just what one see's it lie's deep withing the person.

• Lol, you're encouraging people to embarrass themselves?

• These are lies spread by the Sith Lords.

• I'm a simple man, I saw beautiful women I came.

• that made no sense and was based in no truth ever

• I completely agree

• Nice take👍👍👍

• Hmm.

• Eww...

• i vot5pint

• Show more from Guys
    6