If He Won't Do These Things; Move On!

If He Won't Do These Things; Move On!

1. Oral sex

Lots of men love blow jobs, the whole appeal of how "hot" it is when a woman does that for a man. However, a man should be willing to reciprocate and make sure that at the very least he pleasures her. It is not "beneath" a man to cater to a woman and her needs. In fact, a man should derive pleasure from making his woman happy.

If He Won't Do These Things; Move On!

2. Hold your purse

No big deal with a man holding a woman's purse. If you're out shopping and want to try on a few clothes, a man shouldn't make it into a huge deal if he has to hold your purse for a bit. Everyone knows that you have a woman... and that the purse isn't yours!

If He Won't Do These Things; Move On!

3. Meet your friends

If a guy isn't willing to hang out with your friends or put in some effort towards spending time with people that mean a lot to you, then he simply isn't worth your time.

If He Won't Do These Things; Move On!

4. Watch a chick flick

Again, watching a movie that you want to see, even if it is a silly one, isn't going to kill him! It is not a big deal and i'm sure you put up with watching his action movies, or video games. So a relationship should be equal.

If He Won't Do These Things; Move On!

5. Admit when he is wrong

This one is huge in my books. A man should be willing to admit when he has made a mistake and is wrong, especially during/after a fight. The last thing that you need is someone who is not empathetic and views his pride as more important than your feelings.

624
amandaschwartz is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Guy

• This is all very shallow criteria for determining someone's personal character.

Oral sex should not be done at all, by anyone, to anyone. To hold a man to that standard that he must do that is uncalled for.

To leave a man for being uncomfortable holding a purse is also incredibly fickleweather. Be respectful of his insecurities, within reason. Just as you expect him to respect yours.

Meeting friends is usually a given... unless those "friends" of yours treat him routinely like garbage and you refuse to correct them. He should not have to put up with being abused and badmouthed, either to his face or behind his back. If you wish to hold him to this standard, make sure you have friends worth having.

Chick flicks required? Now this one is just stupid. That being said, kudos to the man who can stomach one for you. But don't hate on the ones who find the plot contrivances unbearably cringy. Because some of those flicks are exactly that. Now, if he refuses to do that, but insists you watch gross-out comedy of the Will Farrel variety, then you may have grounds for looking elsewhere.

This one may be fair. But what if it turns out he was *mostly* right? Are you willing to give up any of your ground?

• So you think Oral sex should not be done either to man or a man do it to the woman? I disagree I dotnlike to go straight to sex, boring

• @kitty71 : Kissing and feeling up are still okay. When did doing the Monica become a mandatory thing?

Most Helpful Girl

• 1. Yep

2. I don't think any woman should ditch a dude who won't hold her purse. That's dramatic.

3. Ehh, I guess so but again not break up worthy. I'm fine with us not being close to each other's friends because I'm fine with us having separate aspects to our lives.

4. I hate chickflicks so this isn't an issue for me.

5. Yes, I agree with this but ladies never forget, it goes both ways. We aren't ALWAYS right.

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 23

• I agree, but #5 is controversial. If a guy is wrong... yes, he should admit he's wrong. However, a lot of times, the guy is right but the girl thinks he's wrong, and the girl gets upset because she's too stubborn to listen. This is the exact same thing for men too. Guys can be stubborn as well. You can see that the line can be blurred here because everyone wants to be right haha.

• 1. Oral sex is gross. I will never degrade myself by licking someone's genitals. I have self respect.

2. I'm not holding anyone's purse. People will think I'm gay.

3. I hate meeting other peoples friends.

4. I will never watch a chick flick

5. I'm never wrong

2/10 myTake Would not read again

• Call me ignorant but if we on a first date and we don't either split the bill. You offer to help pay, or you pull that crocadile hands shit. You get oral sex but it's gone be on my time. You can hold your own good damn purse. Ain't no one trying to watch no damn chick flick. Fuck your friends. Unless their cool, if they cool they my friends. So we can hang with my friends, I'll admit I'm wrong when you have enough facts and evidence to prove I'm wrong. If not fuck your feelings.

• If she doesn't do this MOVE ON!
    - Split the bill after the first date
    - The same as the ones listed above (replacing chick flick with a film of your liking)
    - Stop using dating sites

I know girls will dislike this because they hate paying for their own stuff... but please debate why you shouldn't split it after the first...

• I 100% agree. Except on the first date thing, just a little. If I knew I wouldn't want to go on another date then I would insist on paying for it. But if I wanted to see him again I would definitely split.

• @ItsBatmanNotBatgirl Yeah that sounds great. It would definitely increase my interest in her if she insisted on paying (providing it's because she had a good time).

• Yeah, I would always offer to pay (and mean it) but I mentioned it specifically because I wouldn't want him to think I went for free food XD

• 1 - No sex before marriage but NO ONE should do anything they're uncomfortable with after marriage.
    2 - OK, I've held the purse, but I wouldn't want it to be expected!
    3 - They're your friends, why should I have to meet them? I mean, if I see them I won't be rude, but hanging out?
    4. I don't force her to watch war movies, why force chick flicks on me?
    5 Admitting wrongs is fine... and 95% of the time both parties are at fault.

• "1. Oral sex"
    "4. Watch a chick flick"
    *rolls eyes*
    This comes from the one, who cheated in the past. *facepalm*

• Pretty accurate.

On a side note, are you ready?

Are you ready for THIS Sunday NIGHT
    When WWE champion JOHN CENA defends his title in the WWE SUUUUUUPEEEEERR SSLAAAAAMMMM
    Right now you can order this once in a lifetime pay per view event for just fifty nine ninety nine!

• 1.
    I have not heard of a man not willing to give a woman oral sex in my life.
    2. If you don't want to hold your own purse why bring it?
    3 It depends on the reason he doesn't want to meet them
    a perfectly reasonable excuse would be anxiety/ shy
    4 i think its sort of childish to break up with a man over a movie
    & 5 That goes both ways, not only men are like this.

• Are there guys out there not doing this?

Holding a purse?

"No no, what if somebody thinks it's mine?"

lol

• Why don't women just put their purse on the ground next to the clothes rack?

• Even though I consider myself a conservative alpha male who is an enemy of feminism, I actually agree with all of these. These are reasonable "man duties".

• My girlfriend insists I treat her like a person, but I have to remind her that she's actually just a woman and not a person.

• Good luck enjoying all the scmucks that will kowtowing to your divine v-j! Too bad you didn't learn a damn thing from cheating on the last guy!

• 1. I'll do oral sex. In fact, I love doing that and hearing a woman getting off.

2. My wife knows better than to let me hold her purse, because I'll joke around and start sashaying around like a gay guy, and she'll tell me to stop.

3. It's ok to hang around with her friends. I don't have any close friends anyway.

4. That's about all we do is watch chick flicks, which I can put up with most of the time (The King's Speech is one of our favorites), except when I want to watch something else, then I'll go downstairs and watch it by myself.

5. If I screw up, I'll own up to it and apologize, but if she makes a big deal and rips into me over it, I'll remember that. 10 years later, if she screws up anything similar, I'll bring it all up and rake her over the coals. She usually doesn't remember what happened 10 years ago, but I do, and I twist the knife.

• Still waiting for a woman to admit when she is wrong... Probably die of old age first lol

• 1 .. Agreed , but I liked to give , but did not want a BJ in return. As a FT working single dad... those days are over for me !!

" 2. Hold your purse "... No !! Absolute no !! Trailing around fucking shops is a female past time ! Would rather slam my testes satchel in the freezer door !!

3. Alright with that , but I will NOT censor myself & be the same bolshy bastard I've always been !! Made a lot of my ex wife's friends laugh with my caustic humour.

4. Naaah !!

5. Agreed , that is the hallmark of a decent person , gender regardless , have drummed this into my children. My ex dad in law... a stubborn , conservative Italian would NEVER do this... he is " always right !! "

• I feel like this is a troll post lol

• I can agree with that.

• A woman who would expect her man to hold her purse should be dumped on the spot.

• Good list but those should all go both ways.

• 5 is actually a female problem most of the time, they NEVER admit when they are wrong

• I can agree with this... Clicked on this expecting to disagree with most of the points but I couldn't disagree with a single one.

with the exception of 2 and 3 (2 because guys don't have purses and 3 because I couldn't care less if she meets my friends) 1,4, and 5 is the same way I feel about if she won't do these things then move on.

1. I live giving oral so if I'm going down on you, you better go down on me.
    4. I have no problem with chick flicks and I don't expect the girl to always be involved in my genre of movies, tv shows and what not, but I don't think I could be with a girl that just downright refuses to be apart of it in anyway.
    5. Especially 5... I can't be with a woman that can't admit that they're wrong. Even worse if they know that you know that they're in the wrong and they still try their hardest to be right and try and still make it your fault or make it seem like you're in the wrong... Nope can't do it. One of the biggest turn offs.

• love* not live

• DISREGARD females, ACQUIRE gainz!

What Girls Said 5

• Lol, I agree with everyone except 4, I was totally the person who wouldn't watch the B grade comedies or action movies he wanted to see, and I didn't ask him to watch the dramas I wanted to watch. We always compromised, :3 we both had to be comfortable.
    But like you said, equality.

• 1) Nah, forcing someone to lick your genitals or you'll leave them isn't right. Oral isn't for everyone and I won't demand it from someone , just like I dont expect a guy to demand a blowjob or he'll leave.
    2) Sure, I'll hold my boyfriends jackets or phone if he needs me to, so I'd expect the same when it comes to my purse.
    3) Yes, if he's not willing to meet your friends , he most likely isn't invested in you or wanting more then a fling.
    4) If you're into them, he should be willing to watch them once in a while even if they aren't his taste , whether they're chick flicks, horror, action, etc
    5) Definitely, refusing to admit wrongness when needed let's it known you value your pride more then your partners feelings. immature.

• i mean yeah ok how about women & men, 'be considerate of your partner'.

• these thing are not essential for me

• I don't enjoy receiving oral.
    I don't carry a purse.
    Most of my friends are guys.
    I mostly enjoy "manly" things, not chick flicks.
    Google is our relationship counselor! Whenever he thinks he is right, I ask Google to confirm it.

So I should dump him, right? I mean, he never does any of these things for me! Well, he does come out with me on nights with the guys ;-) So, 1/5. Should I leave?