I'm Fat, But That Doesn't Mean I Have To Lower My Dating Standards

I know that hot is relative and all inclusive depending on who you chat with, but for these purposes, let's talk about the "universally attractive" kind of hot. You know, the kind fat chicks don't deserve? We want to pretend that we don't know what I'm talking about, but let's be real; we totally do. The fact that "fat chicks bang 'hot' guys" was one of the most powerful realizations I've had thus far.

In line with the above paragraph, I knew that there would be someone that would find me attractive but the pool would be small (because of my body) and potentially full of guys I didn't personally find sexy. So I would have to settle for anyone that would take me. After all, how could a conventionally gorgeous man (tall, fit and with a six pack) like fat chicks? Well, let me tell you something: through various sites, events, parties, and corner store meetings, I found myself with over a hundred men who were champing at the bit to get with this. I was the one who had to sift through and pick the hottest of the hot. Ladies, over a hundred.

"Girls" showed what society thinks about that when Hannah's character has a weekend romance with an attractive and wealthy doctor. People flipped their shit. "Patrick Wilson is so hot he would never do Lena Dunham" was the most eye catching. Wilson's wife responded to that rubbish here, but the tweet speaks volumes about what the majority of people think unconventional women deserve. Jesus christ, it's annoying.

I won't spill the details of my bedroom coming and goings, but lets just say this: the hottest guys in Tucson and I get along just fine. Know this: the myth that "atypical" bodies can't be paired with "typically attractive" bodies is false. Women need to know that all bodies can be paired with all bodies and we don't have to settle for fat guys even if we are fat ourselves.

I'm Fat, But That Doesn't Mean I Have To Lower My Dating StandardsI'm Fat, But That Doesn't Mean I Have To Lower My Dating Standards

4095

Most Helpful Guy

• This entire Mytake is completely hypocritical. "Lower your standards" basically means fat women don't have to date fat or ugly men.
    It's supposed to be a message about fat acceptance or empowerment yet she gleefully and eagerly "fat shames" guys for being overweight as "beneath her standards".

Then there is the whole problem with the notion that just because a guy might be a model or look like one, that he's automatically a "higher standard" in the dating pool. The guy could be a complete ass. This seems to be all about appearances and superficial. If it's wrong to judge fat women by appearances, why isn't it wrong to judge hot men by their appearances as if they are at the top of the dating food chain because they have six-pack?

Finally, let's stop pretending that obesity is sexy or attractive. It is not. I'm not advocating fat shaming people or belittling people but pretending that hugely obese women are sexy is as ridiculous as saying that Governor Chris Christie or Steve Bannon in a speedo would be a sexy example of a male.

• if you're fat and you're not attracted to fat people, there is nothing hypocritical about it. we can choose who we are attracted to.

• I have found that people, in general, are hypocritical. There is A LOT of hypocrisy going on in the dating scene and in people's apparent "dating preferences".

• Also funny how @afnabe is "no longer active". I think it was probably a fake account created by the original poster..

Most Helpful Girl

• i agree. one of my friends is clinically obese and she gets with the hottest guys ever lol... like... MODELS. :p I don't know why people think that because you look a certain way you can't POSSIBLY be attractive to someone who looks different. by that logic, all interracial relationships are moot. relationships where one person is way taller should get scrapped. etc. etc. most importantly, I don't know why all these people who ARE NOT IN THE RELATIONSHIP, put their two cents in. people should just mind their own business.

• obese... yea but I bet it's just for sex... I seriously doubt those model guys make her their girlfriend and take her to amazing model events with a clinical obese women...
      cmon now lol... that just doesn't happen

• "12/14 is pretty much average these days in the US anyways"

^^ Yes and no.

Yes in terms of strictly mathematical averages, but, no if you're talking about anything middle-class or higher.
      That mathematical average is the result of the fact that the lower socioeconomic classes are both MUCH fatter and MUCH more numerous than the middle, upper-middle and upper classes.

Among middle-class and higher people — especially in metro areas of any significant size — lmao the average woman is nowhere close to that big. In those demographics, the VAST majority of women are going to represent the same swath covered by "straight sizes" (= not plus sizes) in retail stores.
      Because, like, businesses aren't all colossally fucking stupid ahha. There's a reason why basically EVERY store at yr local shopping mall — except for the one or two that cater specifically to plus sizes — stocks sizes 2-12 (maybe 0, 00 or 14), and primarily sizes 4-10. Because that's the size of the VAST majority of

• women in the middle class and above.

You could easily walk around a coastal city, and/or a reasonably well-to-do inner-ring suburb of a coastal city, all day long for an entire week or two before you'd see ONE non-pregnant woman who's too big for straight sizes.

Join the discussion

3994
  • So fat women can be sluts too imagine my shock. When guys brag about sexual exploits they had its toxic masculinity but if fat women do it we need to go along with it? I dont think so.

• You'll be used for cheap sex. No one's going to put an achievement on his wall for banging you lol

• I bet these fat ladies gave money to muscular guys to be with them lol.

• this is a ridiculous reality we are in. i think it was okaycupid who said that women on their site rated 80% of men on that site as not being attractive enough to date. what we are seeing is a disastrous climax of Darwinism at work- where women are overrating their own marketability. they are literally pricing themselves out of reproductive market. when a fat girl can compete with ME for a hot guy - there is something WRONG. why are the hot guys having sex with the fat girls? because they MUST... they are the only source of pussy to be had because too many attractive girls are bitches who think they have a golden pussy. guys HAVE to lower their standards do to sheer pussy deprivation. ladies- we need to start fucking our guys more. bring them back into the fold. we can't let those fatties get our good looking DNA. that belongs to us.

• Good for you but diabetes, hypertension, infertility, and other health problems are in store for you if you don't take care of yourself

• From the title... IF you DON'T have a gorgeous face/smile...

YOU DO!!!

• no she doesn't. she's not entitled to anyone and guys lower than her standards aren't entitled to her either.

• What I'm hearing is that you are fat and you don't like fat men, which is fine, but then you are annoyed that most people don't like fat women, and don't expect anyone else to.

• I agree that you shouldn't have to "lower your standards" and if it's working for you to date your preferred body type that's great. HOWEVER I do have a problem with conventionally unattractive people, male and female alike, thinking they are ENTITLED to conventionally attractive people and then getting mad when they aren't interested but refusing to do anything to improve themselves. As long as that isn't your attitude, I don't care. But I see that mindset among "nice guys" and fat girls too often.

• Healthy attractive people shouldn't have to lower their standards to be with you.
    Your confidence is high, but so is your blood pressure and your chance of getting diabetes.

• In my community guys are not obsessed with thin girls, makes it better for average or overweight to find a boyfriend. might be different in the white & latino communities.

• Yes, you can, but you can't complain if all the guys on your standard dump you

• none of these look ugly, they look beautiful. and compared to me, they look better, and i'm skinnier... weird

• Do you realize that some men date fat girls because they are so easy?

• I really feel the guys who choose heavy and maternal looking women lacked one in their life who never cared for them. Mummy issues.

• Interesting. I feel like I more often hear the reverse of this theory (= that boys gravitate toward women who are LIKE their mothers, esp if the mothers were domineering/controlling/otherwise overly "present" in the boy's life).

I don't rlly subscribe to either theory... mostly because I just haven't rlly thought much about it (especially considering that my brothers and I grew up without our mother).

• Can we see a pic of you and your hot guy?

• I know this, I mean I'm not really fat, but I am a bit overweight. (5'7 at 175ibs) Luckily it's a lot of good fat, but plenty of bad fat also. While I don't know about women who're grossly overweight, like in a sense that it's killing them/uncomfortable to live with...(the woman in the zebra print & woman in pink) I know that in my experience muscular, hot men like women who have more fat than average. Unluckily for me, I don't really prefer that haha. I like the unique lookin squishy guys, but they go for thin toothpicks. T_T

• No, It will depend on the other person. We all have standards and personality counts for a lot.

• Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but I should never have to settle for someone I'm not attracted to, especially when I've been catfished or misled.

I mean it's not all black and white. I've dated some girls who have had cute faces with a little chubbiness but I knew what I was getting into beforehand.

I mean no one should be ashamed for their appearance, height, weight, etc but also no one should be guilty for not be attracted to someone.

I mean would it be that much better if you dated someone only to find out they settled and had no attraction?

• "BOYS! GET THE HARPOONS OUT"

"AY AY SIR!"

• I call BS.

• Yes it does

• So you're asking others to lower theirs?

• this is disgusting

• I like this.. ignore the negative comments

• Okey.

• Why not, calories in vs calories out?

• this is the most hypocrite post i have ever read.

• its not hypocritical to like people who are nothing like you

• do not lower your standards. Flaunt what you got

• Oh my here we go again.

• Alright. Why not?

• Yes mamas !!

• Lol
    .

• You do you.

• Interesting

• No one cares besides fat guys

• Big Butts will sex ur Bfreind

• Everyone deserves true love.

• ... okay

• Lol yea this never works for guys tho

• Depends onon the guy really lol

• If anybody argues that this is not either satire or delusional you are so open minded that your brains fell out...

• The last pic is annoying, there's a huge difference between CURVY and FAT honey ( the girl in the image is curvy not fat but you're saying you're fat sooooo that doesn't relate to you) i agree fat people don't have to lower their standards but they should kind of be aware also being fat usually isn't healthy so 🤷🏻‍♀️

• HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    being fat is not just displeasing on the eyes but it shows your character. If you are fat it shows the world that you do not give a fuck about anything or anyone. If you aren't even willing to get into decent shape then you probably aren't going to be willing to do anything that remotely discomforts you.
    Its the equivalant of getting into a relationship with a crack addict. Oh sure they may not look that ugly on a physical level but you know they are weak and until they get off that shit or you get off you lazy fat ass and put some effort into life nobody is going to want you except for maybe freaks who get off on that sort of thing.

• Lol bro that's a risky comment but kind of true

• @bubbles328
      Yes I do agree that some men are attracted to heavier women, but they're attracted to heavy women with curves and not attracted to heavy women without curves, and this doesn't apply to all men. I actually made a comment in my last MyTake about how men in poor countries are attracted to heavy women due to having healthier babies than underweight women who can't afford to eat. Women carry extra weight better than men, so women can be more attractive than men with extra weight, but there is a certain point where the extra weight diminishes their attractiveness. But all women are most attractive at healthy weights

Fat can be unattractive due to health reasons as well. I personally want my future husband to live a long life and set good health examples for our children. Fat and smoking are both bad examples healthwise

Don't let him fool you. He's never been civil to me, has threatened to punch me in the face, called me a whore even though I'm a virgin, and a whiny bitch

• @bubbles328
      And yes men prefer curvy girls over skinny girls, but most do not prefer overweight to healthy. A healthy curvy girl will get much more attention than a fat curvy girl, but both will get more attention than a skinny girl or non-curvy fat girl

• I don't know what to think of your post.
    When you say fat and post those pics, I don't imagine chubby but practically obese. Why would an obese woman feel entitled to only date the hottest guys?

I get you're mainly talking about sex and not real relationships, hence probably the high number of guys lining up, but is this really okay?

• The only reason big girls get good looking guys is because we choose to want them
    I like big women
    Please dont ruin it for me

• Ridiculous.

• Fit guys don't have to lower their standards either. I workout and don't chow down on junk food all day so I can look as good as possible. Why would I want to be with a woman who doesn't care to put any of that effort in to look good herself? I'm sorry fat is not attractive, and your fat pride movement isn't going to change my mind on that.

• This is the MHO. I'm a athletic guy who feels the exact same way. I really like the three butt hurt SJWs that downvoted your opinion with no response.

• I hope you don't get angry when ugly guys have high standards too...

• sure you dont have to

• You like what you like...

• Ewwww 😷 - fat girls will be in for a shock then because no average to good looking guy will date them. Good luck trying

• Many people are 'incels' because they're too picky about looks.

• i'm picky about looks too and if someone thinks i'm an incel, i'm totally fine with that.

• If you're fat... do something about it. Go to the gym and work out and eat healthier. I'm not trying to be an asshole. I always see fat people complain about not being able to find someone. Well, just go to the gym and make some changes in your life. Stop being a victim.

• This piece of writing would have been half decent if not for that "we don't have to settle for fat guys even if we are fat ourselves". So basically you are saying that fat girls are a catch, but there's something wrong with fat guys. That's just wrong on so many levels.

• lol the kissing pic is hot

• Brave article.

• Good luck with that and also with your health

• wait, so you're saying that a fat woman can get laid while a fat dude cant? thats groundbreaking news. did we forget that societal double standards usually side with women?

• True to a certain extent

• Show More
    13