13 Reasons Why Being Single Is Great

So for everyone who needs support for their wanted or unwanted single life right now, here are some nice privileges of being single!

13 reasons why being single is great

Having your bed for yourself

Well I mean who really wants to get overrolled, squeezed to the wall, get their planked stolen or get some stinky breath blown into their face at night? I don´t and I love having my 1,40m bed for myself

Making out with random people

Let´s be honest - it´s great having the freedom to do what the heck you want. You want to kiss that hot one you just met an hour ago? Go for it just because you can and are single

Having more time for yourself

Homework, school, work, laundry, dishes, visiting friends, studying, doing sports and then squeezing your SO in the time between showering and having a pre-bed snack? Nah, Netflix is your best friend and going after single hobbies like drawing, writing, playing an instrument, or surfing in the web can be really relaxing

less stress, no fights

How to fight with someone who doesn´t exist? Well, you don´t. Easy going yay.

You have your damn food for yourself

Pretty self explanatory. I mean, we all get egoistic with food at some point

less relationship = more friendship

That happens when there´s more time for friends! Why spending the evening with one person, when you can spend your time with a whole Squad you love?

No condoms, no birth control, less worries

I mean, your hand luckily can´t make you pregnant, so there´s nothing to worry about.

No heartbreaks

that´s literally the worst and it probably will hit anyone in a relationship at one point. And then, it´s like your dog died but kinda worse and you get fat from ben and jerries and watching titanic all day long. Nah...

singles are living a healthier life

it is proven that singles live healthier and are in better shape over all, because calling for pizza on a Friday night is just too easy. As a single, you can glow up and run and pump as much as you can, keep following your diet without anyone distracting you. Ready to throw yourself out there next summer for beach parties!

More money for yourself

You know how much my friend spent on her bf´s birthday? 100$ of her pocket money. You know what I, as a certified single, could buy for that?? I could freaking treat myself for a whole weekend. When other people drop that cash on valentines day, I´m laughing and getting chocolate for sale.

You don´t have to justify yourself for anything

You text with other people? Who dat? doesn´t matter haha. You stared at someone a little too long? You told your friends your teacher or some co worker is damn hot? or some celebrity? No body cares and that´s so relieving

Planning your life as you like

Do a freaking amazing adventure trip with your friends! Spend your weekend with gaming all day. Wear whatever you want, no matter if too saggy or too short or slutty or whatever. You can wear a trash bag if you want and there´s no one who will complain.

Your apartment / room can look like a dump station

Who to clean up for? Let´s be honest, we´re all too lazy to put the clothes away that are on some pile in the room, because they´re too clean for laundry but already worn and now we can´t decide what to do with it...

You see, there´s a lot of nice things in being single, being single is a blessing. Honestly, the world is too much about dating. Everyones focus is just on this one thing, and most people don´t feel complete anymore when they don´t have a partner. What bullshit is this? Why can´t we feel great without a parter? without feeling worthless because "no body will ever wanna date me"? Maybe we should try to focus on important things in our life like self improvement, education, hobbies and the things we´re good in to get the best out of our skills. Life is more than committing to another person. We can feel great the way we are and life right now, if it is with someone or not. thanks for reading!

3345

Most Helpful Guy

• Some of these are decent but not really good enough to justify being single.

1sleeping in your bed alone: I enjoy cuddling so much it's ridiculous. I also sleep better next to someone.

2 making out with random people would be great if I was capable of doing it.

3 time to yourself: being left to my thought not a good thing.

4 no fight less stress: you just stress about other things

5 food for one: pretty good one.

6 less relationship = more friendship: only if you have good friends.

7 birth control: vasectomy problem solved

8 heart ache: being single offers a different kind of heart ache/heartbreak

9 living a healthy life, it's proven happily involved men generally live longer lives I believe.

10 money: this is probably the best reason to be single

11 justification: also a good one

• Ok those are pretty good points, but you have to remember, not all of us have a choice

• @villageidiot oh I get not all of us get a choice, I'm simply stating my opinion.

like I said
      #1 cuddling or sleeping with someone I enjoy it very much I don't always get the opportunity to do so. No choice in the matter.
      #2 making out with random people that would be awesome I don't have a choice in that area.
      #6 I can't make my friends be better people no choice in the matter.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm single. Letting go of my ex was hard but I did it. I was just tired of trying to make it work. He didn't want to break up but I wasn't happy and he refused to compromise or have any kind of discussion about it so I finally gave up.
    I dated another guy for a bit and really liked him but he apparently wasn't that into me. I tried online dating and I met A LOT of guys. But I came to the conclusion that it just isn't for me.
    So yeah I'm just done trying for awhile. I know that there is a ton that I need to improve on with myself so I've resolved to just focus on that and focus on doing things that make me happy.

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 44

• Those are all good points. Being single is great- if it's by choice. If you are , but don't want to be, it's not, although of course you can take advantage of it in some ways (like the ones mentioned above by the author

• Good points... But I still think 99% of people would rather be with someone... as many good reasons probably too.

One of the worst reasons for being single... is when ALL of your friends/family are married/couples... being the only single is the worst.

• Yes. I miss having other "couple friends" and also just having someone to share life experiences with and laugh at my jokes, lol.

• Yeah I can agree on that. Actually, I wrote this MyTake to somehow also boost myself in my single life a little. All my friends around me are in a relationship currently, and I´m just not. I´m getting rejected by guys I like, or need to reject guys I don´t like. Even my uglier friends (sorry for saying it like that) are all getting someone, but I don´t. It´s not that I´m desperate for a relationship, I just really wanna wait for the right one who I feel actual love, not some weird thing for a month. As long as I haven´t found that person, I just keep waiting and try to enjoy my single life. Because, how I listed myself, it can be great and I don´t wanna make my happiness dependent on my relationship status.

• @villageidiot ... You're 17yrs old... it seem like that at that age. As people get older, most change their types/what they are looking for... Become more realistic and don't have trouble finding someone.

The hard part is finding out what traits/what you real "Need" in that person to be happy/in-love. Young kids, immature Older boys (I won't waste the word Man, on them) and gold digging girls are the ones that have trouble.

Young people are handicapped with self image issues, that keeps them from asking out/going up to someone they are interested in... so they lose out.

For most people these insecurities less/go away with age... they usually also know more about what they are looking for and not just the physical traits.

• "Making out with random people"

This sentence alone tells me this was written by a female. The majority of men cannot just make out with random women.

• is this written by a 12 year old? this shit lame. I do agree that being single is way better but this is a shit list

• Single for life. About time we get another mytake about the bright sides to being single, am I right? @Unit1 @menina @serious @lumberman53thesecond @quintessence

• Forget the "I'm looking forward to read it" part Lol

• No cheaty cheats, drama or gold diggery is good enough for me (:

Although I would love to experience the touch of a soft, nice and sweet lady. (This is why we say "I have not found the right one yet")

But yeah, single for life bro! My case has been inevitable. Yours Mr. Judgment seems like it too.

• being single sucks and you all know it. wanna know why not being single is rad? sex all night on a Friday night and then getting up early and going out to breakfast with your hot girlfriend.
    all you single fools staying up late eating pizza, not the other way around and then wake up at 10 am all depressed #truth

• It's great if you have been in a bad relationship before, just like holidays after month of work.
    But as someone who has been single all his life, I can tell you there is nothing great in being single. Not feeling loved, having someone who cares for you, the cuddles, the kisses, even just the presence. That's something I've never experienced yet I'm craving it.

• I think it depends on how you look at it. If you're going to sit around feeling sorry for yourself then of course you're going to be miserable. If you take the approach that the grass isn't greener then it's quite possible to live a happy life being single.

• I think being single is great if you have been in a relationship before. If you never kissed, go on dates, or had sex, then being single will be the most miserable thing in your life, especially for a man.

• I don't see it that way. Being single just feels normal to me because that's all I have known. I have nothing to compare it to.

• Hear hear !!! You are a woman after my own heart. Been married twice sadly second one died but being single is like a breath of fresh air. My daughters keep saying DAD you want to get married again and enjoy yourself, but I am I say.. Get a blank look how can you enjoy yourself single. I could with copying your list and put it on my wall. Now I have the money and position I can stay in bed all day and nobody to wine arnt you getting uo today.. Thank you for your list xxxx

• The only ones with the reasons to be single are just trying to justifying in their own mind why they're so lonely. LOL

• They may not be. It's ok to be content in whatever stage you're in. In fact, I think it's healthy to look at the positives in this and any other place one may be in.

• @Djaay I must *respectfully* say, I personally do not believe in a creator that I am obliged to please, or that designed me to be a certain way. And you are also entitled to believe whatever you wish. That said, I'm not advocating trying to force oneself into feeling content when you honestly desire something different. I'm speaking from my own personal experience here, that it is better to find whatever you can be grateful for, in any lousy situation you may find yourself in, bc gratitude changes everything and makes whatever you DO have feel like "enough." It's a much happier way to live.

• @Lovetolearn47 - something clear within a whole bunch of gobbledygook. :)

For both genders, gratitude, appreciation, kindness, respect. For sure.

• It's really great. 100% agree. I must admit. YOu wake up in the morning whenever you want. The bathroom is available. You prepare the breakfast for yourself, essentially do what you want. The price to pay is quite small compared to the benefits.

• I disagree, I'm less healthy single. I'm more likely to order a pizza when no one is around to judge me

• Yeah, no. Sorry, but I respectfully disagree. It's not fun at all to not have someone to share experiences with, or snuggle with when you need it.

I'm sorry, but being single isn't great at all.

• Being single is the best thing you can’t do. You can always have friends with benefits y’know. Dating is pointless, it only attracts bad attention and in the end never works out and leaves you with a broken heart and more issues then you had before.

• @Whaler You need to fix your problems first.

• @MysteriousDarkness no point to it, both trust issues and not wanting to waste others time. And for people who I only tell the littlest bits to I always start ignoring and stop talking to the person. Why lose more friends?

• Thank for sharing your Take with GirlsAskGuys Community.

Just like a flower will wither if you don’t water it, a relationship will suffer without proper care and attention. There is nothing strange about wanting your significant other to spend time with you. If you’re not ready to consider the needs of another person, then singlehood might be for you.

#Happy #Single We should love ourselves.

Develop Relationship with Yourself, Accept Yourself and Practice Self Yourself ↗

• Perfectly said! (However, I like to keep my room clean).

Love being single, it would take a VERY VERY special woman to change my mind!

• Yeah, I get you, lots of freedom, but you miss out on a hell of a lot, too.

• I agree (especially with your first point 100%). Good take!

• Hey... I do most of those things and I HAVE a girlfriend ! hehe

• I don’t see how being single automatically means you have more friends.

• This rather sounds like it fits to someone who doesn't know how to maintain a relationship the right way.

• More from Guys
    24

What Girls Said 32

• I can also think of others
    - You can devote all your time to worshiping and serving God
    - You can do volunteer work to benefit multiple children and not just the children you personally have
    - You have more time and money to give to those that are worse off than you
    - You can spend your spare time doing volunteer work and helping others
    - You can love others for their inner qualities
    - You don't have to care what you look like
    - You don't have to live in a selfish way by putting your relationship or your children above other relationships or other children

• Now I am glad I am single. I never knew I had it so good. No guy better not come around and ruin it Lol.

• This comes off as someone who is bitter. If you were truly happy being single, all the points would be about you, not how you can hook up w/random people. More like you are justifying doing things just because you aren't doing them for your partner. Most of the points sound selfish...

• I'm currently single. Had a couple boyfriends in the past, nothing against them, they were great guys.

I DO enjoy being single though. I've got all the time on my hands, I'm more relaxed, have my own rules. And traveling solo makes me feel strong and independent.

• Hmm, I think that a lot of this only really applies if your relationship is controlling or constricting... A healthy one should enable you to do a lot of the same things. However, this was still an interesting take :)

• Any of these that apply single also apply in a relationship for me... I work nights so I generally get the bed to myself anyways, and I wouldn't make out with random people either way... Eww slobbery, the only one that applies is having more money for myself.

• The "keep following your diet without anyone distracting you" is true. I usually can't just sit there talking to him and watching him eat despite not being hungry at all.

• yes its true being a single is so good cause you have no heartache you can do anything that you want you can hang with your friends and have time also with your family ;)

• Let me preface this by saying that I believe everyone should learn to love themselves, and that includes being single without being miserable.

However, many of the "advantages" you listed, aren't a benefit of being single, but actually a disadvantage of being in a bad relationship. These 2 are not the same. Like less stress, no fights or no heartbreaks. You can be in a good relationship where you're not experiencing heartbreaks.
    I could essentially experience all of this list (except making out with strangers, but I never had that desire anyways, even when single) while in a GOOD relationship and have the advantage of being with someone who truly adores and cares about me, plus getting D on the regular (that I know is disease free, would take care of me should we get pregnant, and I know he knows what I like).

Also, it's proven that married men live longer and have better cardiovascular health than single men. So, being "healthier" isn't necessarily true.

• I guess what I'm trying to say, if you compare only the "worst" of being in a relationship, and the "best" of being single, of course then being single will come out on top.
      But overall, people should choose what's best for them. Be it single or a relationship. And they should be happy in either situation. And just because you're unhappy being single, doesn't mean you'll be happy in a relationship. Or if you're happy single, doesn't mean you'll be miserable while in a relationship. And vice versa.

I prefer being happily in a relationship vs happily single. And my boyfriend is amazing.

• @villageidiot perhaps. But that doesn't necessarily make it impossible

• Well it'snot impossible its just that women treat us like shit.

• I just got out of a relationship earlier this month and reading this just made it easier on me hahaha thanks for the take! XD

• Less stress was always my reasoning but hmmm i never thought of the more time for friendships. Makes sense though because when my friends get a boyfriend they disappear outta no where

• I guess if you have a really great relationship then its good

But from all my friends i see most of it is drama and problems

Its hard to say if single is better or not. It all depends on a lot of things

• Yeah it's great and all, but really for how long? There comes a point in time where every person needs more than just friendship to feel content.

• That's true but there's no telling when you will be in a relationship. You never want to hop into something that's toxic just because the person is there.

• sure, but remeber it's just not an option for everyone.

• I totally agree 🌹

I haven't been single my whole life and last year was my first time being a single and I am enjoying it.

I enjoy spending time with my friends more now and I have more free time to watch all the movies and the shows I love, I also enjoy learning new things like languages and cooking.
    I started going to the gym and I get sweaty without worrying about how beautiful and clean I should look later for my guy lol and I got to work on my inner self more.

I am a happy woman now, I finally found peace of mind ❤️

I believe men I dated did not know the value of a woman so I decided to value my self ❤️

• believe men I dated did not know the value of a woman so I decided to value my self...
      Awww... that's sad

• Happy for your confidence! :)

• @guyuser2 hahaha no I'm Happy being single

• Nice one but loneliness is such a waste of time, you need someone in your life to lay on and share your secret with

• Some reasons seem very crappy to me. I do agree being single is awesome, but for more powerful reasons to me.
    1. Peace of mind
    2. FREEDOM

• Yess! Being single is the bestt!

#SingleAsAPringle

• I agree with everything except making out with random people. That's how you catch something.

• But I do have a peace of mind. I don't have to worry about anyone but myself. It's relieving.

• personally, i didn't relate to 12 of the 13. but one thing that i miss about being single is that i could do whatever i want and not have to worry about how it might affect my SO.
    one thing i miss is that i had more time to keep up with my friends, now that i started dating, i dont really keep in touch with them anymore. its not that he tells me to be this way, but its just that I've focused so much on wanting to spend all my time with him, that i realized i dont know what is going on in my other friends' lives. i miss that, but i guess it happens sometimes.

• I absolutely love being single.

• More from Girls
    12