There Are Plenty of Good Guys, but Here's the Problem...

Introduction

There is a cliché question that many women ask all over the internet and in the real world: "Where are all the good guys at??" or "Are there anymore good guys left?". The simple answer is YES, however it's not as simple as finding him. If it was, then there would be much less complaining about it.

What exactly constitutes a good guy?

This has to be asked first. There really isn't a definition that encompasses all good guys in the world. For one person a good guy is one that works 40 hours a week, goes to church, volunteers at the animal shelter, and doesn't do drugs. For another person, it's a guy that has amazing hobbies, spends time with his mom, and is in the military. You ask 100 women what they think a good guy is, there's a good chance you will get 100 separate answers. So perhaps your idea of a good guy is very specific which makes it much harder to find this unicorn.

You aren't attracted to the majority of them

Good guys come in all types of shapes and sizes. Some are Asian, White, Black, or Latino. Some are short while some are tall. Some are obese while others are shredded. Odds are you are interested in a certain type, which will significantly reduce the chances of finding a good guy that you are attracted to. The good guys that are attractive are a smaller population than average or ugly good guys....and this takes me to the next point

The most attractive good men are in extremely high demand

A man that is 6'3, makes six figures, is 10/10 in looks, isn't a womanizer, graduated with honors, lives in his own home, and on top of that is a quality good man will essentially make him the most desirable amongst women. You will have competition from the best women. Unless you stand out somehow, odds are you probably won't stand a chance.

You have some competition
You have some competition

You aren't looking in the right places

How exactly are you finding guys to go out with? Are you going to the local hole in the wall bar, or using tinder? These might not be the best places to find that good guy. Good guys are everywhere, but they don't just magically appear. There are tons of good, nice men who aren't manipulative fake nice guys that are simply overlooked for various reasons.

My advice on how to find the good guy

My best advice is to at least give guys you might not normally pay attention to a shot. It won't hurt to talk or get coffee. Maybe he's not 6 foot, but he's still taller than you. Perhaps he doesn't have the best job, but he is financially stable and has amazing cooking skills. Maybe he's not totally in shape, but you could be the one who inspires him to be a marathon runner. The point is that waiting for something perfect is unlikely, instead find someone who you have amazing chemistry with and you'll be shocked at how the other things become unimportant.

511

Most Helpful Girl

• I quite enjoyed this take. I feel like it was very much needed and you executed it perfectly. Thank you, very well done.

Most Helpful Guys

• YOU sir are AMAZING!!! this is what I've been preaching to these girls for years... but the thing is, ain't none of them want to do the work... they just want it to fall in their lap... on a gold fucking platter.

Ok, maybe my delivery sucks and most people say i come off angry (which im not)... :( but basically you just said what i say all the time, just in a nicer way. Nice... an emotion i don't have towards women anymore. Im me... they can either take it... or shove off.

But you are damn right... women lose out on these "good" guys because of greed or maybe selfishness. They skip over someone who is willing to worship them and the ground she walks on, calls him a stalker... and want the one that is already surrounded by 20 other women but she wants him to pick her without doing anything that makes her stand out... fucking stupid. making herself a frickin option.
    Even if she did stand out, she has to maintain his attention at all times because there are 20 other women he can go to if she slips even once. then she bitches about how she got cheated on and there are no good men, when she could have avoided the ENTIRE fiasco, but just going with the guy that asked her out.

I've written about this particular topic so many times, im running out of words. but do women listen? nope. women just feel everything should just lay out in from of them, and they just pick. No work needed.
    According to my rewrite of the dating game... there is no "good", there is no "bad"... just equality. Gone are those days where women just got away with shit because they have tits and a vagina.
    I gave up that "want" for vagina a while ago... its in myTakes too.
    Now, with my system... if she wants something... she HAS TO give something. either that or shut the hell up and stay in the corner.

No such thing as a "good" guy, just the guy that some girl's greed chose. Doubt me? look at what happens if that relationship goes south... does she still call him a "good" guy?

• True but this is kind of a generalization...

• @Dumbbrunette Boo boo... generalization is when you take the acts of one person, or a few people, and apply it to everyone in that group. Like some dummy who said she'd been in a relationship with black guys and all of them abused her, her "smart" solution? stop dating ALL black people. Now thats generalization. Why? cuz its not like other races can't be abusive. And when i told her that her problem was the TYPE of guys she picks, not the race... she told me i was stupid :)

• Outstanding article 👍👍👍

Women asking where all the good men are (not the first few times or after rejecting the OK-ish men) should take a look at themselves first. Or start buying cats and catfood and give them names.

Join the discussion

What Girls Said 4

What Guys Said 9

• This is like a friend of mine. His bit overweight and has depression. But I can tell you that you never met, someone so kind, friendly and chill. This guy is such a great person, but people don't talk to him much because he is "weird". Weird because once in a while he has that depressed state in which he talks about how shit he is and that he hates himself because he puts his depressed self on everyone else.
    So I will leave my rent here, GJ nice take

• I like how you weren't condescending. This is an emotionally loaded topic for me, so I don't know if I could have stayed on topic without dropping veiled ad hominems. You did, and I applaud you for that.

• I mean This is a great write I'd like to point out that most "good" guys might have issues because for some reason in particular good guys tend to be the rebound , cheated on and treated like shit early on in life (before the develop completely as humans) and then tend to be warry of girls

And good girls tend to have dated most crappy men and also have issues which make dating very hard when a good guy meets a good girl

• Well put, thank you.

There is an interesting study that found the sexual value of women peaks at age 20 and declines from there onwards. For men, it starts low but rises until age 55 before it starts declining.

• All women want are materials they could give a shit about the real you. Anyway men 6ft and above is a Hollywood gig only 13% of males meet that unchangeable narcissist entitlement.

• men are to good for women

• Nice.

• great take

• I agree