10 Reasons I'm Giving Up On Dating For Now

As you have read, I said "My reasonings." No one else's, this is just my personal opinions and experiences. Everything that I'm about to tell you is true whether you want to believe it or not that is up to you. This is more so a rant and maybe some of you have experienced the same thing. Yes I have had my heart broken. I've had plenty of sleepless nights and headaches from to many tears. This is a little more than that. Well shall we start?

1. I am so tired of hearing "you are so much better than me."

"I'm no good for you," "I don't deserve you because you're going somewhere and I'm not," or the "I don't want to drag you down." I get it, you don't want to be with me but you don't have to lie.

2. Even though I'm 22 years old my parents will question the worth of the person I'm with

Either in front of them or behind their backs.

3. I was sheltered as a child so I haven't really experienced the fun in life.

So it kind of scares me a little bit. Why do I want to be the party pooper of the group or a couple? Just because I'm afraid of my reaction are getting made fun of doesn't mean I want you to miss out.

4. I'm a full time college student.

I have tried and I have failed holding a job and going to college so I hate that I have to be a bum. It is the worst feeling in the world going out on a date and not being able to return the favor it drives me nuts!

5. I am a little person.

I'm not a midget or a dwarf but I am sure short. And I have some meat on my bones. Please please do not make fun of me. That hurts so much when someone you're a little bit interested in makes fun of you!

6. I don't like when people question my intelligence.

I do it all the time. And if anybody wants to kill me for my grammar I am doing the Google talk on my phone so blame the technology this time lol. I don't like when people act like I'm retarded and I don't know anything I'm not the smartest app on the tree but give me a little credit.

7. I can't seem to find anybody who respects my parents or my household.

Please don't come in my house and kick off your shoes and put your feet on my coffee table or just open up the fridge and make something to eat. That's a little rude, don't you think?

8. Is it really that hard to take a shower, brush your teeth, and clean your clothes?

I don't find it that difficult hygiene is a big problem for me I have not found a guy that will take care of himself. I made a lot of guys that are also drug dependent. Since I don't do anything that kind of bothers me.

9. I have came across the guys that are crazy about me that it's terrifying.

And I have came across the guys that seem like Prince Charming and then they ghost you or give you the dumbest reason that you can think of to break up. Just when you think that everything is okay and you might have found somebody you meet a guy like that. I've also had the cheaters that can't keep it in their pants and yes guys before you put me on The Gallows women do it too.

10. Last but not least, I am 22 years old and I don't want children at this point.

I'm just trying to get through school and help my family. I can't make time for a boyfriend when my main priority is schooling and my family. My dad has a lot of medical issues and I tend to keep a close eye on him. A lot of guys don't understand that. And I'm worried let's say I do get pregnant, I'd like the father to be present in the child's life. Ghost me? Okay. Ghost my child, that's really going to kill me.

719

Most Helpful Girl

• I've come across assholes in the past too. Its also hard when a guy make us feel self-conscious of ourselves. It sucks when our parents be judging who we date. None of that are good.

Take time to be happy, take care, and love yourself first <3 I believe you're doing the right thing for yourself until you are ready and meet a good man at the right time :) Goodluck~

• Thank you!

• I took a break from dating recently too! I needed to really look at my past relationships as I was not having any success they would start out good and then fizzle in a month or two. I gave to much and found out that my life focused around the guy and not around my family and friends. Learn to love yourself and a guy that truly wants to be with you will find you and you feel burned out and won't bring those feeling into the new relationship... good luck.

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 19

• Meeting people can be a lot of work and take a lot of time, so if you aren't enjoying it and aren't getting good results, you should take a break from it and focus on more rewarding things. You can also dip back into it when you feel ready to do so. Finally, meeting someone can be very random, so you never know when it might happen that you meet the right guy simply by chance.

• If your parents are criticising your boyfriends, they themselves are saying that you're too good for them, they don't respect your house - that should tell you that you're choosing the wrong guys. That's your problem right there.

• Yes. I seem to find all the wrong people, so i just gave it up for now. :)

• If my daughter brought home any cocky young bloke that does a No 7 , he would be thrown violently out of the door followed by my size 11 boot , if not my right hook !! That is a big red flag... someone that does not respect boundaries and takes the piss like that !! I don't blame you for this post , however , remember you are in THE most desired of all demographics , a 20 something female , you will have plenty of future options. Focus on working on yourself for now.

• Thank you. My dad was furious! I hope so :)

• That is unbelievable cheek , entitlement and arrogance on his part !! He needs a dose of military discipline , that will teach him respect too , both self and for others. No wonder you didn't last with him !!

• He was awful. Dad was furious and i was little disgusted by his behavior. I would love to see a lot of guys disciplined military style. Some ladies need it as well!

• people are so fucked up these days it's unimaginable
    me personally it took me a looong time to find a normal girlfriend in terms of my "standards" i knew what i wanted in a girlfriend and yea it takes a long time but u gotta be open for people
    i found her on tinder 3 months together now and it looks really good in future , because yea its true that meeting people in public places is out of order
    i dont know any person that approached a girl or guy in public and they are together now it just doesn't happen

• Thats so true! I wish you luck

• Same to you :)

• Even with online dating, it’s tough for most. You got lucky and one of the exceptions but rarely do I hear “we met on tinder or other dating sites”

• Well ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ there's always becoming a lesbian. Take it or leave it. There's no lack of pussy for the men you don't like sweetie. Welcome to 2018.

• Lmfao. I love the little guy.

• High Five for you for quitting now! Double high five if you ever decide to quit dating permanently.

• Some good points there but a case of severe over-thinking on some of the others.

• Guilty as charged

• There's a common theme with most of those points. You care too much about what others think of you.

• I always have sadly lol

• Maybe it's easy for me to say this as most people in my life haven't respected me but you need to learn to ignore others judgement against you and just live your life; focus on you. Otherwise people will take advantage of your vulnerabilities.

• They have before. Thank you. :)

• Why is being small a reason for not dating? Shorter women are hotter anyways? It just seems like you have a problem with the guys you've found.

• Its just the point of guys making fun of me because the way i look.

• Yeah they sound like the worst. Shouldn't look down on yourself for that.

• Thank you :)

• Sounds like you should stop being too hard on yourself and just enjoy life.

• I hope one day i can :)

• As a guy - dating is dead. No offense but girls are just sluts. Simple. It's best to be a fuckboy now, sadly.

• Not all of us. Guys suck too

• 99.9% of women are not worth anything - sorry.

• I feel the same about men. So its okay.

• I wish you all the best in accomplishing you're goals.
    And that you find another half one day.

• #7 is the basic fundamental of friendship... Yes it is alittle rude but this is the case which the sword cuts both ways... Friends do this at my place and I do it at theirs..

• I had one boyfriend take my dads headphones, make a sandwich and take off his shoes. I wasn't even home..

• I guess he just walked in too, he didn't even knock or announce himself.

• Guess he doesn't respect personal space or just assumed what he did was okay..

• very good take

• thank you

• tl;dr

Good luck tho

• I have said the “I don’t deserve you” kind of thing before but it wasn’t that I wanted to leave, it was because she was more patient with me than I anticipated over a trivial thing and I just couldn’t appreciate it more. I was so used to having women drop the conversation on me without a single hint as to why and living with a mother my first 18 years of my life who I just couldn’t make happy that I had a lot of abandonment issues when I used that phrase. So that phrase means the exact opposite to me. A lot of these other ones apply to me as well. Don’t give up though, the perfect man who will love you for who you are is out there waiting for you. You just need to weed out all the assholes first that’s all!

• Thank you :). The last guy who said it only seemed to say it to me. He lied to find a way out of the relationship as well. Thank you for some insights on some men :)

• Happy to help!

• 1's not a lie. Many guys really feel that way.

• Can you explain to me why, i really dont get it..

• Because the " media " and " society " in the West , demonizes males , and portrays them as worthless and expendable , that is major factor too , in fueling male insecurity.

• @FatherJack thank you

• but when a lists the reason he wants to give up dating, he's a loser and should man up

• No. I wouldn't blame him

• sure, if you stop caring about dating, the second you come back you'll have guys wanting to date you. guys have to spend years conditioning themselves to be socialable to appear to be high status to subconciously attract girls, they have to learn to talk a certain , act a certain way, becuase when girls say "natural" they mean "act the way i want you to act.".

You choosing to not date means rejecting every guy who asks you out, a guy choosing not to date means to stunt social progression and put his life off for years.

What Girls Said 6

• Taking a break is fine, good luck :)

• Sorry love

• Well good take even though I can't understand some of your reasons , I respect them.
    And I can relate to some , such as being busy and getting rejected , and being too tall (btw I don't know why you're complaining about being short when you're a girl). and also can relate to not wanting kids.

• Im 4 10. They pick on it all the time. I like being small just dont like being a an arm rest.

• Believe me they probably dont mean it in a bad way. And your height doesn't stop you from being attractive (I've met tons of girls that height and they all have boyfriends , even really tall bfs)., I can understand though why some people would think it's okay to push you over but believe me the right guy will see only the positives in your height and those who make fun of you are assholes.

• Thank you:)

• I can def relate to 1,3,5, 9 but i didn't let any of that stop me.

• I completely understand your point of view

• Nice take