5 Awesome Tips On How To Pick Up Guys

1. Dress Cute

5 Awesome Tips On How To Pick Up Guys

Dressing cutely is super important for attracting guys, try out many different outfits and clothes and see which one is best for you! Guys love feminine girls, so make sure you rock that dress, skirt, top, whatever! Just make sure it's cute and flowy.

2. Be Polite

5 Awesome Tips On How To Pick Up Guys

Being polite is also very important when talking to men, typically guys will judge a woman if she's aggressive or comes off rude. So It's very important to be polite but also be yourself! Being overly polite might chase them away! Remember! Kindness kills! :)

3. Adapt To His Mannerisms

5 Awesome Tips On How To Pick Up Guys

Observe him, see what he likes in a woman, try to copy his image of a perfect girl! You can do this in multiple ways! Asking his friends is a good start, ask around and be prepared to adapt to what he likes and stay away from things he dislikes. With enough practice you'll be dating him in no time!

4. Building Your Confidence

5 Awesome Tips On How To Pick Up Guys

Men love courageous and confident girls, so practice talking to guys in ways you both can connect with easily! Try not to studder or remove yourself from their spot light, talk to him and communicate clearly and he will enjoy it too!

5. Making Your Move

5 Awesome Tips On How To Pick Up Guys

Many men are afraid of being the one to make the first approach and so are women! However he would feel extra special if you talked to him and asked him out on a date! Make sure you are flattering to him, make him feel welcome, keep him on his toes maybe with some light teasing! Making your move is very important to nailing the relationship and getting to know each other more!

1450

Most Helpful Guys

• I wouldn't advise doing #3- being yourself is what Counts. I'd also have added being friendly and charming- that does a Long way, along with a big smile.

• Yeah, that one sounds like it encourages deception.

• I agree. As a woman it's pretty simple. When I was dating I had no problem asking girls out, making the first move etc. But as you said, most guys are afraid of that because they're afraid of rejection - and rejection sucks. Since men are expected to make the first move, and since they fear negative reactions and sometimes see how women don't appreciate how much confidence it takes to make that first move and put yourself on the line, when the girl makes the first move the guy will at the very least admire the guts it took to do that and will find it to be a breath of fresh air.

• Thank you so much for your opinion! I'm glad you liked my myTake!

Most Helpful Girls

• You did an awesome job especially at your age, I give you a lot of credit.
    Dressing cute is always a good idea, the same can be said for being polite.
    I think adapting to a guys image of the perfect girl will do you more harm than good, if it's not your true image it will become a resentment as time passes.
    As for building your confidence, if you don't have confidence talking to guys in ways you can connect isn't going to happen, you just might studder at first.
    Lastly make your move, if a girl has all of what you mention going for her she doesn't need to make any moves toward asking a guy out, there will be enough guys asking her out.
    In time you'll change how you feel about some things, for now you did an awesome job.

• I get that is is a broad thing, which is nice. You're giving like a general thing girls can do to pick up guys. BUT, in a more in-depth since I sort of disagree with some of your points. Especially #3. So I'll start by saying that with #1 you don't elaborate much on what "Dress cute" means outside of making it flowy and feminine.

Now I agree it should be whatever they feel fits them best but if that's the case I don't think to attract a guy it has to be "cute" and "feminine" every time. Different looks attract different men so overall the woman/girl should dress the closest to what makes them feel comfortable and confident and men will follow. But good overall point.

My only other issue is the fact that I think its a bit strange to try to "adapt" to someone. Like if the man you like doesn't like blue things yeah don't, for instance, buy him a blue shirt or whatever but it's totally okay to like the color blue and wear it if you want. You're not required to sacrifice your own individual state of being for them.

Plus you shouldn't have to go to his friends to find out his personality and dislikes as well as his desires. Just ask him and be as real with them as you can in a respectful way. That way you find a compatible match and don;'t try to force things that don't work.

• Yeah, I had a problem with #3 as well. Cause what if the guy is a jerk (no, not all guys) and you copy them. Well, that leads to negative energy and arguments, and asking their friend about them. Obviously that friend is going to see that as a red flag in that relationship, “man, you’re girl just asked me a couple of questions about you..” see lack of communication and trust.

• @Bubbles45 Your age matters to me but to a small degree in this aspect. It's obvious to me that you're quite intelligent and developing a voice of your own. Something I'll always support with minors. I know at your age I absolutely hated that people would devalue or belittle me or my abilities because of my age. I will not do that to you or anyone else.

Yes, you are young but you're capable of things like this Mytake and more. And I think you did a fine job in general. I just disagree with two points. That's pretty damned good because I disagree with a lot of people's stuff. Just keep pushing and don't ever let something like age stop you from reaching for higher goals.

• I mean that by the way, don't ever feel too young to start forming ideas, questioning ideas, and doing stuff for yourself. The ones who reform the world do those things.

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 48

• Forward this to that other narcissistic ass article... Might I add.

6. Don't shave HALF of your hair off and ruin your body with tattoos and piercings.

• 1. EXACTLY! You get it! We want good women, not attention seeking and half naked wannabe models, who think they should feel free to dress however they want and not be receptive of how it makes them look "slutty". Advertisement in such a way is a thing and this is the first thing most people judge.

Those females are going to downvote me for this but it is so. Dress revealing and you'll be seen as slutty. Dress nice or decent and you're standing out from them. Take responsibilities for your actions.

Oh and for the record: there is no such a thing as femininity or masculinity.

2. Ironic how you say kindness kills. More like kindness prevails! :)

3. Nein, nein, nein! Never change! You'll be fake and this will cause a lot of discomforts and potentially even lies. Do it only if *you* are comfortable doing so (for example start learning his hobby if you are interested but not force yourself to it).

Can't make a housewife a strong and independent woman and expect her to be happy this way.

4. True. However I know it can be overwhelming talking to the opposite sex, so no worries. I will just say, that I do not bite :)

unless I am being physically attacked! Then I have to defend myself.

5. HELL JA!!! I absolutely welcome this! ♥

• If i would made list itd be.
    1) have sense of humor.
    Misses serious is not fun.
    2) make sure if your dating or marriage material. Skip this if your into one night, hook up etc.
    3) confidence is key.
    4) have something to offer. No one likes a person that plays hard to get, hot or cold, test the guy and just smiles but dont do nothing back.
    5) be interesting and different.

• I like the stuff about confidence and being yourself. But I feel like you should play it up even more. Guys don't like any one thing. Because that's not how it works. Whatever YOU have, will be attractive to people. If you like cute and flowy, people will like that. If you like straight and simple, people will like that. Don't go out of your way to be something desirable. That's not how it works, and it only makes relationships shallower.

• I think 1 very big thing girls don, t know is they do need to have their guard up most of the time, but if your trying to attract a guy let it down, let him know it, s ok to approach, talk to him, say good morning when You see him, little things like that, a vibe of subtle openness dosn, t usually go unnoticed

• I disagree with the third tip, making yourself into someone you're not to fit some 'perfect image' is a terrible idea and will most likely cause the relationship to fail. Always stay true to yourself, no matter what.

• All of these takes have the SAME thing in common - they're all focussed on YOURSELF!! That's just not what it's about nor what will 'pick up a guy'.

A high-value guy is looking for a high-value girl. What exactly do YOU bring to a relationship that would be considered high value? You need to be able to articulate this, much more so than the drivel you just laid out.

• Very good tips, they are specific enough to cater to my preferences and general enough to apply to a large group of decent men, will work on me 👌👌👌.
    #3 might be difficult though because my friends love to fuck with me, so unless you are good at detecting pranks/sarcasm do not ask my friends what I like.

• As a guy, I give the thumbs up on all of these tips except #3. I think that everyone should stay true to themselves. I would rather fall for someone for what they really are and not what just what I think they are.

• I answer a lot of these takes saying to a degree I agree - I totally agree with about 80% but there is a little bit over idealised - Overall though a very good take

• Your numbers are off by 1 but what you said is valid.

#1 is "Don't be fat". That's the single biggest thing.

• Majority of women on this site could learn a thing or two from you with the exception of number 3. You’d be surprised how many women have a really poor and nasty attitude towards guys

• Great mytake.
    Every woman should do number 5 at least once in her life.
    It's a learning experience and can help you with relating to men who approach you in the future.

• Quite impressive for someone 14yo. ;)
    It would also be good to note that adapting to his likes shouldn’t go as far as being a slave to them. Don’t change who you are for him. :)

• WAIT!! Girls pick up guys? I thought that doesn't exist

• OMG! THIS! This right here! gods, I wish I could make it required reading for wone everywhere! Thank you.

• Can you please make myTake of how to pick up girls? God will bless you😂

• Waaayyyyyyyyyy over-complicated... look good, be sweet. The rest will work its own magic.

• Listen to her ladies this girl knows what she talking about. Bubbles45 Teach them beautiful

• 😂 this is great and all really but none if these girls have the ovaries to do half of that.

• Show more from Guys
    28

What Girls Said 12

• Why tf would I pick up on a guy? shiii I'm the prize he can chase me

• The guy should generally approach, but that's a really bad attitude

• Would you say that when you are single and have a child or when you hit the wall? Your clock is ticking.

• Get off your pedistal with an attitude like yours no guy would borher with you when women who are far more beautiful and desireable and have better manners and attitude are available. Women like you belong in a trailer for trailer park trash

• why would i dress cute or adapt to his mannerisms? WTF
    sure approach but be ysf!

• Yeah, I'm already down after the first two
    xx
    ~ Mrs Manson

• picking up guys in Ireland means more like picking them up for sex purposes.

• Nice nice

• Everybody should just be themselves

• Good take

• 4d

Well, some guys prefer hot outfits rather than cute... but I agree with most of your points, very good mytake ;)

• I failed at step one, I’m poor lol guess I’ll just stay in unattractive I guess XD

• I did all of this, we really seem like a good match. We’re friends but not like “buddies” who talks about sex and stuff. He respects me and when we talk he always pays attention to how he treats me and everything. He is so careful with me, he doesn’t tease me as he does with his female friends. We mainly talk in person, we texted sometimes but usually we don’t do that. Me and my friends really had the feeling that he could like me because of stuff and things that he said and made. But last week I decided to share my feeling ma with him, telling him in person that I see him as more than a friend: he didn’t answer. He pretended in the next days that nothing happened. So like 5 days after my confession I texted him that I needed an answer “to not lose other time”(this whole situation has been going on since 1 year). He immediately replied: ”Don’t lose other time, I’m sorry I didn’t answer you on Saturday night (my confession was Saturday night). I don’t feel like having a relationship with a woman that’s just not casual” so I replied “that’s okay, at least now I’ve got an answer. I hope this won’t ruin our friendship, I‘ll behave normal as always in the next days” he texted me back “Absolutely, I don’t want to lose you as a friend either.” Then I sent him an heart and he replied with an heart. So now, we’re behaving as nothing happened but he stares at me more and checks on me more, sometimes though he still looks a bit embarassaed when we’re alone talking. We’re classmates I can’t avoid him.

This just to say that all of this stuff doesn’t always work, if the person doesn’t want to be with you, there is no way is going to work.

I don’t understand men, I don’t understand this guy. Why is he behaving like that? Do you think it’s true that he doesn’t want a relationship now?(he’s 18 and just had 1 girlfriend for 3 months, 3 years ago although he’s a really cool guy that many girls fancy)

• And No 6. Have good looks

• Cute tips! I love this myTake.