Sometimes You Fall Head Over Heels for the Wrong Person

Facing reality

When you feel someone is the right for you - you most likely start falling in love. Sometimes this happens with the completely wrong person, maybe they played some game with you, lied or then you lied to yourself. However, I think people can not fall for the right person and then understand the timing is wrong or whatever. No, then the person just is wrong. They were not ready to make the time right for you. Or maybe you were not ready for that?

If in reality you can fall for the wrong person so much, imagine how it will feel with the right one. Do you believe there is a person for you? Maybe you should. Every one of us can find someone, who fits perfectly with us. Of course people need to make compromises and not every little detail goes right, but there is someone out there that can stand you and who you can stand... and love.

When you believe there is someone out there and do not go looking for them but trust that they will come when the time is right, you have found the key. This is the key of happiness. You will not be stuck on the old relationships and the need to be loved.

One story as an example:

I recently met this guy, who right from the start laid eyes on me. He seemed to see magic in me. I liked how he smiled at me and how he was not afraid to show he liked me. This guy was my friends friend and I actually trusted him too much just because of this fact. He was not perfect but he tried to be for me. It was so impressive to see how much he tried for me. This guy almost literally went to lie down in a puddle, so I could step on him. Well, he saved me in many situations and was ready to tell everyone he was ready to defend me if someone tried to say something to me.

In a very short time I understood I was crazy about this man, who was not the kind of guy I usually fall for. Despite that he seemed too good to be true. We shared similar interests and enjoyed each others company even in silence. He had similar thoughts in ethical questions and he was always there for me. Sometimes it seemed like he was maybe a little too clingy, but he was able to balance that too so that it did not go over the boards.

After we had spent a few weekends together twenty-for-seven, he even planned our future together, which was actually a little alarming. He then started to drift away a little, not much though. He still kept contacting me and sending me hearts and being all cute, but there was a clear difference. I felt like he would not walk through fire with me anymore. From time to time he would actually hurt my feelings by saying something weird, like "Oh, I came here for nothing now that I realized the event was on another day! Fuck!". I was swallowing my pride and told him I was hurt. He backed up.

After a week of silence I thought I had said something wrong, maybe showed too much emotions. I thought I was horribly clingy because I revealed to him I was hurt of what he said. I was in a very stressful situation in my life over all, so I cried a lot. I put the blame on myself. After all this I really can not explain why I took it so hard on myself. My life felt upside down and I even blamed myself for even trusting that guy in the first place.

What to learn?

If you have got your heart broken, it is best to understand that there was something wrong and your love was not wrong. You can always find something to learn, maybe it is nothing big. Often it is something bigger we learn, we just do not understand it in the moment when we feel all sad and disappointed.

You will see that you need your friends. Sometimes we do almost forget them, when we are head over heels for someone. It is good to remember that we need our friends and should keep the contact. We also need to remember, that no one is perfect. If a person seems too perfect, they are most likely not sincere. Remember also the things you first noticed in them, not only the good ones. Even you make mistakes and they might be easily made. Words, they hurt, they are powerful. This is something you most likely will learn very vividly. You learn something about yourself or maybe just see that you need to focus on yourself. The process to get over a person can not be made faster, you just need to accept it. Focus on what makes you feel better, not what might numb away the feelings and end up with a worse feeling. (10 Things You Learn From A Broken Heart)Sometimes You Fall Head Over Heels for the Wrong Person

What I think is most important of the things we learn is, that we are going to be okay after all. We are strong enough to stand alone. In the end we do not need someone else, we just fool ourselves to think so. Life is better shared, but does it have to be a perfect match or is our friends and family maybe enough for the moment?

1625

Most Helpful Guy

• Just remember it seemed like the thing to do at the time.

• Yeah, and it can't be undone

Most Helpful Girl

• Wow.. this is an amazing take, usually I knit pick and try to find things I read for like a short time, but I actually read this whole thing

And it brought me a lot of peace 😢😭, Thankyou!

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 24

• Yes, it does happen, but sometimes it also works out.

• With the wrong person? :) Well, I think most of those relationships end at some point.

• All this is exactly what I had in mind to write about for months. It's true, most times we don't know that the person isn't a good match until later.

I've always found it to be an idiotic and quick-deducting thing to hear people say, "You're meeting the wrong women/men." Most people don't know they are! If we knew don't you think we would avoid them? It makes no sense to even say that, and as if you're saying that a person is going into it knowing the other person is wrong.

But sometimes they're not even the wrong choice so much as the circumstances can be. Anything and everything can be a deciding factor for why things don't work out.

• I hear you and some fall for con artists so easily. He played you and your emotions were exploited. As time went on the shyt inside began to leak out and that was that. When you you meet someone with mutual quirks and has flaws and a relationship seems unlikely, that will be the one, guaranteed. Seen that happen with couples all the time.

• Yeah, I know. I could see that coming, and that was the worst. Deep inside I knew something would go wrong, because nothing ever goes that much right. At least I was not the only one noticing a new side in that guy.

• Yeah it happens. When an realtionship is fresh it is too easy to fall into the trap of thinking the person you are with is better than she/he actually is. Most relationships seem good at first but give it 6 months or a year and it can be very different. I think every new realtionship should be treated as "temporary" till you have some very good reasons to think otherwise.

• But even if it is treated as temporary, you still can not choose who you fall for.

• Yeah.. 5+years head over heels over the wrong... person..

I BLAME ONLY MYSELF..

DID IRREVERSIBLE DAMAGE TO MYSELF...

• Stop blaming! NOW

• I don't keep blaming myself 😊

It is just if i see whose mistake it was then i acknowledge it to be mine.. in simple words 😊

Ur my take is interesting though 😊👍

• Very true take the love is true but there are lot of of options out there - Some people are lucky enough to meet right person, at right time, in right circumstances and the relationship has right prospects - The nearest I have got is my current relationship, it's about 3.25/4 , wonderful but some things make it awkward.

• Yes, you certainly can. People who have come out of a relationship where the other party was a strong-willed individual, are at particuplar risk since they will tend to gravitate toward similar people.

• happens for almost everyone i think! but it's an important life lesson that teach you how to chose your next partners

• Yeah! then you know what you do not want to have

• Yes, women do this. It's all just a feeling in their little brain.
    A woman can fall in love with a man without ever even meeting him. I used to say this tongue-in-cheek cuz I just couldn't believe it, but it's true and has been validated over and over right here on GAG. And they're even defensive about it - "I have a RIGHT to my FEELINGS!!!"

OMFG

• You are talking about something different here. I think this one I wrote about can happen to all genders.

• They are more alike than you are with me. WE are different types of people, but falling for the wrong person can happen to anyone.

• Yes, I'm well aware. My first wife thought cooking cleaning and fucking were three cities in China. It lasted ten years, and cost me nearly half a mil to divorce.

People ask why divorce cost so much... the answer is BECAUSE IT'S WORTH IT!

• l know that l have the right one now and she is my dream girl l have never loved any other girl as much as l love this girl and we both have a connection l won't say any more l would put my life on the line for this girl

• Things happen, but hopefully we notice before it's too late

• I think you're catering a bit too much to girls with this post. Girls don't come to guys, so if you wait around, obviously nothing will happen.

• Wait around means, you don't go to bars every weekend trying to find someone or use dating apps in a mood "I NEED TO FIND SOMEONE!!!". Wait around and see what you find in life, trust the fact that you will find them without pushing it.

• Even if it was hypothetically possible, I won't live long enough to see it happen

• I actually go to guys sometimes. But I meant that the situation where you can approach and get to know those people will be served to you when time is right. You don't seem to believe in it? How can a girl assume a right guy will ever come to her? They will have to approach too, if they meet someone they like a lot.

• Girls can't love as strong as guys do and that's a fact.

• Are you Ok. You seems to be very sad.

• Thanks for asking, I'm actually a lot better now. I just like to dwell on the past every now and then. I cried for a few weeks, now I'm already quite happy with my life.

• I hope so. Take care.

• That's the fun of being alive...

• yeah, well would love be the same if it hadn't this challenge?

• he is a loser

• and I still care for him... life is weird. I know I do not need him in my life, but I still miss him.

• Yeah that's tough

• Noice.

• Yes it happens sometimes, you are very correct

• I think if you fall for the wrong person its a reflection on yourself. On your ability to judge and asses people and their traits. People very often throw up red flags early. And if they dont, I dont think it should be hard to finish with someone once you realise that they're only adding toxic things to your life. Even if you love them its a reflection on yourself if you can't leave someone even though they hurt you.

• Yes, but the fact that someone hurt you is never your own fault. Even though you might have let it happen. I think this is something many people should learn and understand to have the pride to walk away from people who hurt them, they are toxic.

• That second picture is 100% wrong.

You are stupid for falling in love with the wrong person and the person is under no duty to "appreciate" the love you have for them. That's putting your screw ups and blaming the other person. They are not at fault for what you do. You and you alone are 100% at fault.

• You must have no logic at all. Ever knew that you really can't decide who you fall in love with? It is not like anyone wants to fall for a person who doesn't like them back. No. The person who makes you fall in love and then leaves you cold/hanging, is more in charge of it than your own stupidity has to do with it.
      It is easy to blame yourself in those situations, but hard to accept that the person who actually did you wrong was faking it all the time. They weren't in charge of how you feel necessarily, but they made you feel that way. This does not apply to every situation, but if we think about the example I wrote about for instance. He was trying so hard to be this person I would fall for, that he actually made it.

• Nothing is wrong with being loved.

What's wrong is forcing it upon someone and calling someone stupid if they don't actually want it. That's flat out morally wrong. Something that the picture is glorifying.

• It is a picture trying to help someone who is blaming themselves for loving the wrong person. It is not a sign for someone, who didn't like them back. It is not like anyone is going to say to that person they love: THIS IS YOUR FAULT!!!
      No.
      It is easier to get through that heartbreak if you do not completely blame yourself in your mind though. And all that sign says is that it is stupid they didn't APPRECIATE your love. That doesn't mean they were stupid otherwise for not loving them back.

I don't get how you do not see this side of the meaning. You are so fixed on the negative picture you got out of it. Yes, it is no ones fault that the other person FELL IN LOVE. Yes, it is stupid to not treat a person, who loves you, right.

• Cool stuff

• Falling for the wrong person is about chemistry... which isn't necessarily wise or safe. True love is not a gut reaction...

What Girls Said 15

• Maybe that's what I did but I don't want to believe it still

True Love! Is It Ever Attainable? ↗

• That's probably the case. Take your time to accept it. I know it is hard to do.

• Thank you :)

• It's really sad when you realize how many fake people are out there that just nice to you to get something from you. Beware of love bombing that a abuser manipulation tactic that even narcissists and sociopaths use to get in relationships and trapped people with.

• Yeah, too true. We need to be aware of this fact. Usually the kindest and most sensitive people are targets for those abusers.

• I don't get it either how assholes and manipulators and narcissistics think just because your nice your a weak target for them it's sad really being kind regardless of the situation is a strength, not a weak, kindness is only a weakness when you let your kindness get you screwed over constantly.

• Every relationship is an experience you learn from

We have to make mistakes in life. You don’t jump into perfect situations, you learn over time what is right for you. Experience is necessary for this. People worry too much about doing the wrong thing instead of just accepting what happened and learn from it.

• I think tge thought if a bad boy seems appealing until there's more than sex on the table and partying. Then you say to yourself. I want more from life than this. It hit me at 20 and I've learned that there's more to life...
    Lol growing up i guess "yikes"

• all of this is true except that I am an idiot and fall for the same mistake more than once with different dudes

• It happens to me all the time. but I made up my mind. I won't give chances anymore to pathetic losers. Enough with them

• I agree. Maybe because when we fall, our heads are in clouds and our logic department starts to close. We see them for what they make us feel and not for who they really are.

• Ah yes sometimes, but I also usually get over it quickly too.

• Nice take

• The story of my life...

• Great read

• This can't happen to me.

I'm immune lol

• Happens a lot and to a lot of fools.

• Well it's not exactly a secret that many women seem to prefer assholes. The evidence is all around us.

• but does the wrong person have to be an asshole?

• So you fall for only assholes?

• 7d

No but i certainly see it all the time.

• Good take