Sometimes You Fall Head Over Heels for the Wrong Person

Anonymous

Facing reality

When you feel someone is the right for you - you most likely start falling in love. Sometimes this happens with the completely wrong person, maybe they played some game with you, lied or then you lied to yourself. However, I think people can not fall for the right person and then understand the timing is wrong or whatever. No, then the person just is wrong. They were not ready to make the time right for you. Or maybe you were not ready for that?

If in reality you can fall for the wrong person so much, imagine how it will feel with the right one. Do you believe there is a person for you? Maybe you should. Every one of us can find someone, who fits perfectly with us. Of course people need to make compromises and not every little detail goes right, but there is someone out there that can stand you and who you can stand... and love.

When you believe there is someone out there and do not go looking for them but trust that they will come when the time is right, you have found the key. This is the key of happiness. You will not be stuck on the old relationships and the need to be loved.

One story as an example:

I recently met this guy, who right from the start laid eyes on me. He seemed to see magic in me. I liked how he smiled at me and how he was not afraid to show he liked me. This guy was my friends friend and I actually trusted him too much just because of this fact. He was not perfect but he tried to be for me. It was so impressive to see how much he tried for me. This guy almost literally went to lie down in a puddle, so I could step on him. Well, he saved me in many situations and was ready to tell everyone he was ready to defend me if someone tried to say something to me.

In a very short time I understood I was crazy about this man, who was not the kind of guy I usually fall for. Despite that he seemed too good to be true. We shared similar interests and enjoyed each others company even in silence. He had similar thoughts in ethical questions and he was always there for me. Sometimes it seemed like he was maybe a little too clingy, but he was able to balance that too so that it did not go over the boards.

After we had spent a few weekends together twenty-for-seven, he even planned our future together, which was actually a little alarming. He then started to drift away a little, not much though. He still kept contacting me and sending me hearts and being all cute, but there was a clear difference. I felt like he would not walk through fire with me anymore. From time to time he would actually hurt my feelings by saying something weird, like "Oh, I came here for nothing now that I realized the event was on another day! Fuck!". I was swallowing my pride and told him I was hurt. He backed up.

After a week of silence I thought I had said something wrong, maybe showed too much emotions. I thought I was horribly clingy because I revealed to him I was hurt of what he said. I was in a very stressful situation in my life over all, so I cried a lot. I put the blame on myself. After all this I really can not explain why I took it so hard on myself. My life felt upside down and I even blamed myself for even trusting that guy in the first place.

What to learn?

If you have got your heart broken, it is best to understand that there was something wrong and your love was not wrong. You can always find something to learn, maybe it is nothing big. Often it is something bigger we learn, we just do not understand it in the moment when we feel all sad and disappointed.

You will see that you need your friends. Sometimes we do almost forget them, when we are head over heels for someone. It is good to remember that we need our friends and should keep the contact. We also need to remember, that no one is perfect. If a person seems too perfect, they are most likely not sincere. Remember also the things you first noticed in them, not only the good ones. Even you make mistakes and they might be easily made. Words, they hurt, they are powerful. This is something you most likely will learn very vividly. You learn something about yourself or maybe just see that you need to focus on yourself. The process to get over a person can not be made faster, you just need to accept it. Focus on what makes you feel better, not what might numb away the feelings and end up with a worse feeling.

(10 Things You Learn From A Broken Heart)Sometimes You Fall Head Over Heels for the Wrong Person

What I think is most important of the things we learn is, that we are going to be okay after all. We are strong enough to stand alone. In the end we do not need someone else, we just fool ourselves to think so. Life is better shared, but does it have to be a perfect match or is our friends and family maybe enough for the moment?

25
16

Most Helpful Girl

• Tonga
    Wow.. this is an amazing take, usually I knit pick and try to find things I read for like a short time, but I actually read this whole thing

And it brought me a lot of peace 😢😭, Thankyou!
    Is this still revelant?
    • Anonymous

Aww! <3 That's so good to hear! :)

• Tonga

thanks for the mho :)

Most Helpful Guy

• bulletbob555
    Just remember it seemed like the thing to do at the time.
    Is this still revelant?
    • Anonymous

Yeah, and it can't be undone

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

1524
  • Logorithim
    Yes, it does happen, but sometimes it also works out.
    • Anonymous

With the wrong person? :) Well, I think most of those relationships end at some point.

• ManOnFire
    All this is exactly what I had in mind to write about for months. It's true, most times we don't know that the person isn't a good match until later.

I've always found it to be an idiotic and quick-deducting thing to hear people say, "You're meeting the wrong women/men." Most people don't know they are! If we knew don't you think we would avoid them? It makes no sense to even say that, and as if you're saying that a person is going into it knowing the other person is wrong.

But sometimes they're not even the wrong choice so much as the circumstances can be. Anything and everything can be a deciding factor for why things don't work out.
  • passinby
    I hear you and some fall for con artists so easily. He played you and your emotions were exploited. As time went on the shyt inside began to leak out and that was that. When you you meet someone with mutual quirks and has flaws and a relationship seems unlikely, that will be the one, guaranteed. Seen that happen with couples all the time.
    • Anonymous

Yeah, I know. I could see that coming, and that was the worst. Deep inside I knew something would go wrong, because nothing ever goes that much right. At least I was not the only one noticing a new side in that guy.

• NatashaJ
    It's really sad when you realize how many fake people are out there that just nice to you to get something from you. Beware of love bombing that a abuser manipulation tactic that even narcissists and sociopaths use to get in relationships and trapped people with.
    • Anonymous

Yeah, too true. We need to be aware of this fact. Usually the kindest and most sensitive people are targets for those abusers.

• NatashaJ

I don't get it either how assholes and manipulators and narcissistics think just because your nice your a weak target for them it's sad really being kind regardless of the situation is a strength, not a weak, kindness is only a weakness when you let your kindness get you screwed over constantly.

• laurieluvsit
    Maybe that's what I did but I don't want to believe it still

True Love! Is It Ever Attainable? โ†—
    • Anonymous

That's probably the case. Take your time to accept it. I know it is hard to do.

• Thank you :)

• Lance1965
    Yeah it happens. When an realtionship is fresh it is too easy to fall into the trap of thinking the person you are with is better than she/he actually is. Most relationships seem good at first but give it 6 months or a year and it can be very different. I think every new realtionship should be treated as "temporary" till you have some very good reasons to think otherwise.
    • Anonymous

But even if it is treated as temporary, you still can not choose who you fall for.

• Every relationship is an experience you learn from

We have to make mistakes in life. You donโ€™t jump into perfect situations, you learn over time what is right for you. Experience is necessary for this. People worry too much about doing the wrong thing instead of just accepting what happened and learn from it.
  • puffynips
    I think tge thought if a bad boy seems appealing until there's more than sex on the table and partying. Then you say to yourself. I want more from life than this. It hit me at 20 and I've learned that there's more to life...
    Lol growing up i guess "yikes"
  • Gambit3
    Yeah.. 5+years head over heels over the wrong... person..

I BLAME ONLY MYSELF..

DID IRREVERSIBLE DAMAGE TO MYSELF...
    • Anonymous

Stop blaming! NOW

• Gambit3

I don't keep blaming myself ๐Ÿ˜Š

It is just if i see whose mistake it was then i acknowledge it to be mine.. in simple words ๐Ÿ˜Š

Ur my take is interesting though ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ‘

• ATuairiscean
    Very true take the love is true but there are lot of of options out there - Some people are lucky enough to meet right person, at right time, in right circumstances and the relationship has right prospects - The nearest I have got is my current relationship, it's about 3.25/4 , wonderful but some things make it awkward.
  • Massageman
    Yes, you certainly can. People who have come out of a relationship where the other party was a strong-willed individual, are at particuplar risk since they will tend to gravitate toward similar people.
  • ElBandito
    happens for almost everyone i think! but it's an important life lesson that teach you how to chose your next partners
    • Anonymous

Yeah! then you know what you do not want to have

• Browneye57
    Yes, women do this. It's all just a feeling in their little brain.
    A woman can fall in love with a man without ever even meeting him. I used to say this tongue-in-cheek cuz I just couldn't believe it, but it's true and has been validated over and over right here on GAG. And they're even defensive about it - "I have a RIGHT to my FEELINGS!!!"

OMFG
    • Anonymous

You are talking about something different here. I think this one I wrote about can happen to all genders.

• Uh, no, you're a woman and you wrote from your perspective. Men and women love differently, and for different reasons.

• Anonymous

They are more alike than you are with me. WE are different types of people, but falling for the wrong person can happen to anyone.

• sooyooung
    all of this is true except that I am an idiot and fall for the same mistake more than once with different dudes
  • Marrry
    It happens to me all the time. but I made up my mind. I won't give chances anymore to pathetic losers. Enough with them
  • QuiteACoolUsername
    I agree. Maybe because when we fall, our heads are in clouds and our logic department starts to close. We see them for what they make us feel and not for who they really are.
  • uravgguy
    Things happen, but hopefully we notice before it's too late
  • RIVERTAY888
    l know that l have the right one now and she is my dream girl l have never loved any other girl as much as l love this girl and we both have a connection l won't say any more l would put my life on the line for this girl
  • xyz94
    Ah yes sometimes, but I also usually get over it quickly too.
  • Rangers
    I think you're catering a bit too much to girls with this post. Girls don't come to guys, so if you wait around, obviously nothing will happen.
    • Anonymous

Wait around means, you don't go to bars every weekend trying to find someone or use dating apps in a mood "I NEED TO FIND SOMEONE!!!". Wait around and see what you find in life, trust the fact that you will find them without pushing it.

• Rangers

Did you read what I just wrote, girls don't come to guys. The odds that I'll just randomly run into a good woman that likes me too is comparable to my Powerball odds, especially since I don't buy powerball tickets.

• Rangers

Even if it was hypothetically possible, I won't live long enough to see it happen

• DracoLuciusMalfoy
    Girls can't love as strong as guys do and that's a fact.
  • racer10
    That's the fun of being alive...
    • Anonymous

yeah, well would love be the same if it hadn't this challenge?

• John75
    Are you Ok. You seems to be very sad.
    • Anonymous

Thanks for asking, I'm actually a lot better now. I just like to dwell on the past every now and then. I cried for a few weeks, now I'm already quite happy with my life.

• John75

I hope so. Take care.

• RedRobin
    Nice take
  • stardust96420
    Great read
  • SarahVanRensburg
    The story of my life...
  • Moroccan_Guy
    he is a loser
    • Anonymous

and I still care for him... life is weird. I know I do not need him in my life, but I still miss him.

• Jemini_Crocket
    This can't happen to me.

I'm immune lol
  • Iron_Man
    Yeah that's tough
  • Shahid757
    Yes it happens sometimes, you are very correct
  • LegateLanius
    Noice.
  • Anonymous
    I think if you fall for the wrong person its a reflection on yourself. On your ability to judge and asses people and their traits. People very often throw up red flags early. And if they dont, I dont think it should be hard to finish with someone once you realise that they're only adding toxic things to your life. Even if you love them its a reflection on yourself if you can't leave someone even though they hurt you.
    • Anonymous

Yes, but the fact that someone hurt you is never your own fault. Even though you might have let it happen. I think this is something many people should learn and understand to have the pride to walk away from people who hurt them, they are toxic.

• Anonymous

• Anonymous
    Happens a lot and to a lot of fools.
    • Anonymous

thanks

• Anonymous
    Well it's not exactly a secret that many women seem to prefer assholes. The evidence is all around us.
    • Anonymous

but does the wrong person have to be an asshole?

• Anonymous

Not necessarily, but the evidence around me seems to indicate so.

• Anonymous

So you fall for only assholes?

• Anonymous
    That second picture is 100% wrong.

You are stupid for falling in love with the wrong person and the person is under no duty to "appreciate" the love you have for them. That's putting your screw ups and blaming the other person. They are not at fault for what you do. You and you alone are 100% at fault.
    • Anonymous

You must have no logic at all. Ever knew that you really can't decide who you fall in love with? It is not like anyone wants to fall for a person who doesn't like them back. No. The person who makes you fall in love and then leaves you cold/hanging, is more in charge of it than your own stupidity has to do with it.
      It is easy to blame yourself in those situations, but hard to accept that the person who actually did you wrong was faking it all the time. They weren't in charge of how you feel necessarily, but they made you feel that way. This does not apply to every situation, but if we think about the example I wrote about for instance. He was trying so hard to be this person I would fall for, that he actually made it.

• Anonymous

Also, why do we need to blame anyone? It is not your fault and not the others fault. But they probably made you feel it is your fault if you feel like it is. Then they didn't appreciate your feelings

• Anonymous

"It's no one's fault, but if it is, it's theirs..."

• Anonymous
    Cool stuff
  • Anonymous
    Good take
  • Anonymous
    Falling for the wrong person is about chemistry... which isn't necessarily wise or safe. True love is not a gut reaction...