First Date Questions - What Do I Ask?

First dates are full of anxiety and nervousness. You start freaking out over the most random things. “is my hair ok? Do my toes smell or look weird? What do I where? Where do we go? Even thinking of what to talk about adds stress and can push you over the edge

Here are some conversation starters that can help lighten the mood, and can help you learn a little bit more about your date.

First Date Questions

If you could travel anywhere right now, where would you go?

If the answer is nowhere, then you have yourself a hermit. I am not saying that this is a bad thing, but if is vastly different from you, then you at east no where you stand and you can make a decision then and there. If however, they have a string of places , you can see what excited them, what lights them up.

First Date Questions - What Do I Ask?

If you didn’t have to work to support yourself, what would you do with your time?

This allows you to take a peek into their interests and their values, and see whether the 2 of you are in sync. If you don’t agree with their values or interests or see things in a different light it is better that you know now, then 10months down the road in a relationship.

What are your favorite tv shows?

People’s interests are reflected in what they like to watch. If they only watch the news, and you are solely into sports, then there is going to be some disagreements. That being said, it doesn’t mean that you can't compromise, but you have to see if you both have something in common. Find some middle ground. It will make things easier. Or you can show each other why you like watching The Ted Bundy Tapes, and crime documentaries, and they can show you what intrigues them about nature documentaries and cooking shows.

What do you like to read?

This shows their curiousities and their intellectual passions which can be a turn on to some people. Even if you don’t read – you can maybe show some books that interest you.

First Date Questions - What Do I Ask?

Who is the most influential person in your life?

Finding out who and what this person did that matters so much reveals their values and their family dynamics. It even shows you how close their relationships are with their friends.

Do you still keep in touch with childhood friends?

This can show you one of 2 things. It can show you how they value loyalty and relationships. But even if they haven’t kept in contact with their childhood friends, it doesn’t mean that they are a bad person, it could simply mean that they have grown apart, as newsflash – that does happen. It is not the end of the world

First Date Questions - What Do I Ask?

What is the most spontaneous thing they have ever done?

Thrill seeking – oooooo. Flexibility – Damn. Risk taker – oh lala. Personally – I find these things attractive af, but that’s just me. You see what kind of adaptability this person has. If they can go with the flow. Adaptability and flexibility are needed in life whether its work or home.

First Date Questions - What Do I Ask?

What’s the worst pick up line you have heard or used?

Shared laughter and friendly banter are so so necessary in daily relationships, and are signs that you both see life in a similar way. The world is bad enough as it is with out laughter and happiness. Besides what is the point of living and getting into a relationship if you can't laugh about things with each other.

First Date Questions - What Do I Ask?

There are other questions you can ask to find out about your potential significant other. Let the conversation flow and above all else, HAVE FUN!!

719

Most Helpful Guys

• Love the Take!!! Really good points! In my business... my clients tend to talk to much on a first date. This happens because of the social anxiety the guy is feeling on the date. To hide these anxieties, he will talk her ear off without really attaining any basic information about her. This is sure to end up with NO SECOND DATE. Men, you should come armed with some really good questions. Stay away from job interview questions. These nuggets should of already been discussed in text or even on the phone before a first date. Here are a few that I like to ask on a first date.

1. Have you traveled anywhere cool lately/do you have any trips coming up? 🔥

2. What are you most passionate about? 📌

3. What’s something you’ve always wanted to try? 📍

4. Any good movies you want to see that are out right now? 🚨

Try and stay away from YES and NO questions. Conversations need to have a good flow back and forth. Hope this helps any men out there that know they are babble mouths when on a first date.

• No one wants to sit with someone they find attractive and answer questions, especially about fluff that will have no effect on whether you are compatible.

If you want to have an enjoyable date regardless of compatibility, which will reveal your compatibility organically and avoid the awkwardness of small talk and mismatched conversational styles - do something together that involves moving around, making choices, and having something to talk about that's right there in the room with you.

Instead of dinner at a restaurant, go to a street fair. Instead of "getting a drink," see a show or go bar hopping. If it's a coffee date, have it at a museum or a park. Sitting down at a table with someone you've just met and are excited about, then just blabbing back and forth about your interests, mutual acquaintances, and personality types, is an absolutely terrible practice and no one should ever do it.

Most Helpful Girl

• Love it , I especially love how those questions are the HEAVY types like where do you see yourself in 5 years or how much you make?

Join the discussion

617
  • That is a good list. Really whatever you're curious about and isn't inappropriate for an initial date.

• first of all, ARE YOU SINGLE?
    good take :)

• Are you gay?

Which South American ancient city is the most intriguing?

Do you want children?

Do you like grapefruit?

Do you want to get married?

What time is it?

How many sexual partners have you had?

Which Street Shark is best?

Do you like anal?

Have you ever scraped your leg on a rock?

• Hopefully, the guys you date will be functional enough to spend more than a few minutes responding to , "What have you been doing this week?" and then using that as a starting point for other questions, just naturally moving from one into the next. Maybe make them a bit more general, so, instead of "what do you like to read?", it could be "what do you do in your spare time? and you may find out he likes to read, or other activities, etc.

• I would only use these in a dead silence worse case scenario. Conversion should flow like water, not be forced though an interrogation or silly game show questions.

• I think it is a good idea to ask questions, but trying not to act like a Spanish inquisitor is difficult. You have to be natural I guess.

• 1. Pineapple on pizza is a disaster right?
    2. Lord of the Ring is the best movie ever right?
    3. Pizza is the best food right

• "Do you have or ever had a sexual transmitted disease?"

• That cat is my spirit animal I love reading military strategy.

• Start with a good joke to laugh too, Believe me it gets rid of the butterfly's in your stomach

• Good conversation ideas, I might borrow some

• I'm... gonna use these actually. Thanks

• Wanna fuck?
    I’m joking

• What's your Dick size?

• Good take.

• Glad I do not get anxiety...

• Do you trust old people who still have teeth?

• Just go with the flow

• just let it flow

• Nice

• What do you like to read?

• If any first date asked me those questions, I would walk away from them.

• How much money do you have, and what are you bank account numbers. Do you mind having a three some with a person just out of prison who needs money? What STDs do you have, as I need to know if you have the same one's I do, and are compatible.