myReview 1 mo

On dating apps, it makes sense for a guy of average or below height to slightly exaggerate his height

Anonymous
okcupid data
okcupid data

I don't think a relationship should be started out with a lie, but I see this as getting the foot in the door. I personally would never have a problem being truthful because I like to meet girls in person anyways, but I feel like online girls set their filters, and I also believe that girls tend to be unaware of what a guy's actual height is even when seeing him in person. For shyer guys who find it hard to meet in person, online would be a good option, but if you're a short guy and truthful about it, I think you're limiting yourself. I'm not saying to say 6ft if you're 5'5 but I mean like saying 5'9 if you're 5'8, which is what a lot of professional athletes even do. She won't even be able to tell most of the time. I do think it's good to be honest about it rather quickly, and she won't make a fuss if she likes you. If she gets angry and calls you a liar, then oh well, tough luck, but most of the time, that won't happen. Am I right, ladies?

In person, I've had many girls tell me that I look taller. Girls tell me that they wouldn't date a guy a certain height, and I tell them how tall I am, and they change their minds. It's actually kinda hilarious.

Do you think that a girl who usually only dates 5'9 or taller is more likely to make an exception for a 9/10 online profile for a 5'8 guy or a 8/10 profile for a 5'9 guy?
Personally, I truly believe redeeming qualities can make up for height, but most girls will most likely not see these redeeming qualities unless he hits the height cutoff, and a lot of times, it's just the extra inch.

2
2
2Girl Opinion
2Guy Opinion

Most Helpful Guys

• Avicenna
    It's a terrible idea to lie about your height. If she's that picky about it, you've wasted your time and if she is at least a bit flexible, she will only be that if you're honest. You do more damage to yourself by being dishonest.

Think about this- what if a woman lied to you about whether she had kids? Would you just say, "it's not a problem" and carry on?

I'd focus on meeting women in person if I were you.
    Is this still revelant?
    • Anonymous

This is not for me. Like I said I have no problem being completely truthful but for others it's not so easy. I believe an inch in height is a white lie and I really don't see the problem if this can help someone get a foot in the door. A woman having kids or not does not compare.

• boobliker
    BUT that's a LIE do you want a women to lie to you, Well then!!!
    Is this still revelant?
    • Anonymous

It's a white lie and I really don't see the problem if this can help someone get a foot in the door

• boobliker

it's still a lie!!!

Most Helpful Girls

• Loveydove
    I mean i don’t personally think you should lie even if it’s a white lie to get your foot in the door. Just find someone that will date you at any height inside or having to go through “i lied I’m actually 5 8 instead of 5’ 9 spiel”
    Is this still revelant?
  • Screenwriter
    A RATIONAL person would not quibble over an inch difference in height whether it was visible in person or written on a profile. Don't fudge.
    Is this still revelant?

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

00

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!