Does it hurt more or less when your ex is dating someone new that is less attractive than you?

I'm just trying to find out about human behavior.

I know that love is not all about looks. And I know that beauty is in the eye of the beholder but let's for arguments sake say that your ex is dating someone less attractive than you. So, does it hurt more or less when your ex is dating someone new that is less attractive than you? And why?

• It hurts more.
    15%(11)16%(15)Vote17%(4)
  • it hurts exactly the same
    41%(30)38%(36)Vote26%(6)
  • It hurts less. Hahaha, I guess my ex is not wearing his/her glasses.
    44%(32)46%(45)Vote57%(13)

Most Helpful Girl

• Depends. Did he leave me for this new person? Or is he just dating someone new a while after we broke up?
    If he left me for someone who seems less attractive than me I'd assume he has a better connection with her and how can I argue with true love? But if he left me for someone more attractive I'd think it was shallow and I'd be more upset, thinking I didn't mean much to him.
    If we broke up and then he eventually started dating this other person i would feel the same slight jealousy no matter what she looked like.

What Girls Said 23

• I was upset cause a very ugly and annoying guy that I thought had nothing to offer had a girlfriend and I somehow felt insulted that somebody who wasn't good enough for me wasn't good enough for somebody more attractive then me. I wouldn't care under normal circumstances - but this guy was always hurting my feelings and I expected other people to share my point of view that he was unattractive with nothing to offer.

• I guess it hurts more, but like no ex has dated someone more beautiful than I. They best they'll ever do is me, so like they fucked up real bad. They be dating some ugly ass bitches.

• Haha I saw him with some girl who didn't look like she was taking good care of herself. She was chubby, totally dressed down, ponytail, no makeup.
    I was like wtf now. He always had some weird taste for girls... But seeing him with less attractive girls didn't make me feel better at all. Anyway now he is finally dating some pretty babe and I feel good about it, I don't know why. I guess I have friendly feelings for him so I want him to have all the best? :o

• if it was someone i was in love with, then it might bother me a little. but, as with most of my past relationships, i was not in love with the person i was dating and therefore wasn't emotionally invested enough to care.

• I don't really get hurt by it, I'd love to see him happy with someone else and if she was stunning it would please me that he finally found what he was looking for after so long

• It will hurt more if they are attractive. It would hurt less if they are unattractive. But if Im completely over them, I wouldn't care less about who he dates. I try not to concern myself with stuff like that

• Wouldn't matter if their less or more attractive.. if I still have feelings for them then it's going to hurt regardless

• My ex started to dated someone like a couple of days ago and he even posted in on social media it did hurt me and it still hurts me because I did love the guy or still do a little but I didn't see his new girlfriend but it also shows you that maybe the guy didn't care at all which is how it makes me feel because it was like he was using me as a cover to find someone better then me when I was right in front of him.

• It doesn't hurt st all, or doesn't matter because I don't care about who he dates. That said, soon after we broke up, he got into this "relationship" with some girl online and all his Facebook statuses were about how wonderful and amazing she ism. That hurt because I've dated him for years and never got a single Facebook status from him, beyond something stupid.

• thing is, his bragging is likely superficial. he's doing it to bother you, so block and delete him to save yourself a world of pain.

• @vonasaurus that's what I did :) I mean they did break up soon after. And then he came back. Told him to fuck off. Best day ever :))

• sounds like you won this war lol. :)

• I mean it's more ok if the girl just looks average. It will hurt more if she is damn more beautiful than me lol

• It doesn't hurt, he's an ex who gives a f*** What he gets up to!

• I don't care who he dates as long as he doesn't try to get back with me lol

• It can hurt to see an ex with someone new but the blow is definitely softened if the person is unattractive compared to you and when others take notice of that too.

• I have an ex who started dating someone less attractive than me but does a lot more stuff with. I'd say it hurts the same but at the same time, there's that "ha he downgraded" moment that makes you sorta happy. But it's still all the same

• I think its the same but when i am over him then I really don't care who he is dating with.

• nahhhh it doesn't bother me at all. If its an ex I despise it'll give me a good laugh.

• definetly less... I've got no confidence in how i look... that helps :))

• thing is I wouldn't care

• Less, it say me I was too good for him XD

• I was surprised when I found out who is his new girlfriend... gosh... an old woman 34 years old, with freeze hair, in baggy ugly clothes...
    and I always tried to look my best with him... and look who he date now...

• No, because I've moved in from him. That'd only hurt if you still have feelings for an ex. I'd actually feel indifferent. I don't hold onto something that's history. That would be like stumbling over something behind you. I move forward after a breakup

• No, obviously whatever they have is what he's into. It is what it is.

• Maybe their personality is 10x better than yours 😂

What Guys Said 7

• I wouldn't care If i was the one who initiated the break up... however if I was dumped and she was dating someone it would hurt me just the same if they were seeing someone else it doesn't matter if they are more or less attractive or more or less successful.

I was dumped and she started dating this guy who was in much better shape, no where near attractive, and was unemployed with no direction in life.

At the end of the day he was giving her something that I was not able to... but 2 years later their relationship is pretty much in ruins.

• When your ex is with someone obviously (not subjectively) less attractive than you it's a rejection of your personality and lifestyle. She is with some Channing Tatum guy or something you can write it off as her being shallow in some way I guess lol.

Every giant fat ugly warcraft nerd doesn't have a better personality than Channing Tatum guy most likely, but everyone thinks they have a better personality than everyone else , so its a comfort.

• Less.

• Nah not one bit.

• I'll be the honest one here and say it hurts more. Makes me feel less attractive.

• Doesn't matter. The fact is they're with someone new period and it's best to move on. Easier said than done of course.

• You haven't seen his snake. She did.