Mutual Infatuation?

For those of you who've dealt with infatuation, you know what I am talking about. It is NOT true love. There is a difference! It may be accompanied by uncontrollable butterflies, a crushing crush, non-stop thinking or obsessing, IDEALIZATION, even weak knees, or just WANTING WHAT YOU CAN'T HAVE!!! It is so dangerous - I love it but I hate it. Who doesn't? I have been infatuated with by another guy and I have been infatuated with another guy. But never, at these times, was the infatuation mutual. I want to experience mutual infatuation because I think that would be so fun and just such a good experience... but does such a thing exist?

I am NOT asking whether "mutual infatuation" turns into great love or not. I am NOT asking if it is good or bad. I am simply asking, "have you ever experienced mutual infatuation?" "Do you think mutual infatuation exists?" "If so, how would you describe it?"

Most Helpful Guy

• I know what infatuation is and I have been infatuated when I was much younger. At present, I occasionally find myself captivated with a woman, sometimes a younger woman, but my reality check works much better now than when I was younger.

I have never been in a mutual infatuation but I suspect that as soon as you discover the infatuation is mutual, the relationship stops being just an infatuation.

What Guys Said 1

• I do know what you mean. I don't believe what you're looking for will be anything like what you imagine it to be.

I've found that infatuation consists mainly of an image you hold of another person in your mind, an idea not necessarily representative of who they are. It's easy to hold, even obsessive, when you don't really know them. But if you were to deeply engage them, even on the premise of mutual infatuation, I believe the facade would rapidly diminish, leaving you with either something real and lasting, or nothing much at all.

What Girls Said 2

• I see what you're saying. I think sometimes we are in love with the idea of what we want someone to be more than the actual person.

• Ohh wow I went through that but it was not mutual it was only on my part sadly. At first I thought it could be mutual cause he let me believe so, we even went out on a first date and he acted like he was starting to like me or he liekd me already since we met just one month before the date but then the guy was looking for a different thing but also I think it was my mistake that I acted like my behavior toward him was of a friend and not that a girl who like him. I was too obvious.