Most Helpful Guy
1. Some people need to condemn other religions to feel good about their own choice. Muslims do that, Christians do that. However, faithful Muslims and faithful Christians do not go around condemning other people. You should question his devotion to his religion. Some Christians are hateful people but they did not learn anything about hate in the Bible.
2. He is not discussing this with you to find a mutually acceptable solution; he is telling you what to do. Dating gives you a foretaste of what a relationship will be like if you make it permanent. This guy is not looking for an equal partner; he is looking for someone to subjugate to his control. Would you want a marriage with a husband who tells you what you can and cannot do?
3. If you found a way to stay with this guy and you were eventually married, how would you resolve all of the problems and conflicts you would have about children, observance of religious holidays, etc.
4. Sometimes, life does not give us great choices. Sometimes, the choices are simply awful. That is part of the reality of becoming an adult and living an adult life.
5. Think about what your life will be like 5 or 10 years from now, looking back at March, 2017 and the choice you had to make. Is there one choice that will make you proud of how you conducted yourself? Is there a choice that you would continue to question and probably regret?
I think you know what you need to do. I wish you good luck with this horrible situation. After it is over, learn a lesson from this experience so that you will be a stronger and wiser person. If you are a serious person who dates to find a mate for marriage, there is no reason to ever date someone who doesn't meet the minimum qualifications. For you, that includes his religion. Think about other qualifications for your potential mate and be aware of them. If you are looking for a husband, why date someone who could never be your husband.
Feel free to PM me if you would like to discuss this in private.10THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
- Show AllShow Less
Most Helpful Girl
Can I ask what your religion is? But whatever it is, he has no right to give you such ultimatum. You have a right to believe whatever you want to, and no one can force you to do otherwhise. Someone like that it's not worth it. He sounds like a dictator to me. I'm sorry, this situation must hurt like hell, but you will be better off on your own. But same principle applies to your family. You shouldn't loose them because you leave your religion. If they drift appart because they don't think your boyfriend should give you this ultimatum, they are doing it because they care about you. But not because of the religion thing, that would be wrong as well. This is YOUR life and no one elses. Take control and make your OWN decisions. And the consequences of living your life as you want to are the only ones worth having.2THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE