Have you ever left your partner for someone else? How did it turn out?

ever left your long term/short term relationships? for someone hotter?

84166

Most Helpful Guy

• For someone hotter? No! there's really no point dating someone or anyone hotter if they don't have the brains for it. I'd want to able to communicate with my partner not through sex but through communication. What people seek in a relationship is chemistry and that special connection they have with each other (long term) or just plain sex (short term).

Most Helpful Girl

• Gosh I had to think about it as I'm not 20 anymore but I can honestly say NO.

I can admit to one friend turned flirtation in high school when I was in a serious relationship. But nothing ever happened or was even thought aboutnon my part until I was looong out of the relationship.

I'm loyal to a fault and even the sign of flirtation usually indicates something is wrong in the relationship I'm in.

I did eventually date the guy but only months after my final breakup with my boyfriend and continuous bad behavior on his party.

I know a relationships is over in most cases if I even consider another guy as attractive. The thrill is gone, the horses have left the carriage.

There's a difference between getting. A boost from a guy idle flirting with you at an airport bar waiting for a plane and flirting with someone you know.

The latter only happens when the relationship is basically over emotionally.

But to a good and bad thing I guess. When I'm in love I have tunnel vision and if I do realize a guy is hitting on me I get out of that situation immediately.

• Gosh I didn't even see the hotter part. That's a double fuck no.

If someone leaves a LTR for someone 'hotter' I honestly believe that can't be the only attraction or problem.

That said guys are space holders. They'll date a girl for nine months with no real interest in her because she is the best possible option atm. Once something more along their lines of interest comes into play they steal it.

It's the job to gel out the relationship and determine if you are indeed that filling of time placeholder. It's difficult because it involves being honest with yourself.

Don't give time and trust to someone who hasn't proven to be worthy of it.

What Guys Said 165

• No, I have never cheated in a relationship.

My Ex-Girlfriend did, after 2 years she abruptly broke up with me and was with someone new within a week and when asked, her answer was 'he was not the reason, I felt bad for what I did, (by breaking up with me) but that's life'.

Guess who came back to 'catch up' a year later? Yup she did, her relationship with the other dude did not work out, I wasn't receptive, so within a week (again) she got herself a new boyfriend.

She's on her 3rd boyfriend after me, will she contact me again? Who knows, but one thing is for sure, I wouldn't care less. 😃

• I didn't really leave my ex for this girl but about 7 years ago when my marriage was coming to an end I met a girl on pogo. We talked every day and sometimes romantically. My ex wife and I never talked and never had romance. Talking to this girl reminded me what being with a girl was like even though it was just friendship.

If it hadn't been for her I'd probably still be in a loveless marriage. After the divorce her and I struck up a relationship. Eventually on been verified and other places I found out that she lied about who she was. About 2 years later she ended our relationship. But in the end together or not she saved me.

• I think its classy to do this thsn cheat behind someones back. Its painful and a bit stupid tho. Highly risky with someone you haven't known for years. Its only advised if you left a boyfriend for like your best friend and after 10 years you realized you were in denial and loved him. But for some random stud you just met? Dumb.

I've never done it. Im loyal. But when a girlfriend dumps me and makes me a free man, I am fine sleeping with chics the night after the breakup. Too many chics take nice loyal guys for granted. They can dump dorky and come back whenever thinking they are a dating couch. Uhm no. Reclaim your manhood guys. Let these ladies know there are consequences to letting guys loose. It takes a long time to heal emotionally. Being celibate doesn't speed up that process. Trust me, i know. So while you heal, find a friend with benefits. Dont be the weak lapdog these chics take for granted. Be a wanted possession!

I see too many chics taking the loyalty of Mr. Nice guys for granted! Can I get a witness?

• Very well said! I in fact had been a back plan actually... the girl dumped me and one day she wanted one guy to kiss her (they got together later in life, but they're in different countries now) so I knew it was over for me, she made her choice. But she thought I was stupid and kept telling me that she MIGHT (she even said she just might! And when I once asked for a chance, she said around 15%!) choose me. Luckily I made myself let go. I was attached as hell to her, but after that, I never forgave her and never let her choose me again (I'm glad I got my balls together to do that) and now she's acting like a bitch towards me.

• Ah, well I guess I see where she's coming from.

• good lol good ttyl

• Yeah. when I was in my early 20s I left a girlfriend for what would become my future psychopath of an ex wife.

• you don't "change partner" its no a car, a house or some pair of pants.
    if you're thinking about "going for someone hotter" then just break up with him already, you'll be doing him a favor on the long run, because now? well, now you're just wasting his time.

• Yeah I once left my cheeseburger for a pizza. It made me feel guilty but it was like meant to be

• It wasn't pre-planned or anything like that but, thats how it worked out. I came home from work about 10 years ago and my (live in) lady friend is watching TV and she has every color imaginable in her hair. She dyed her hair with 13 different colors and my company Christmas party was two days away. She "TOLD" me that she was going like that and I trid to explain to her about my job title and such and I don't know what got into her this day but, it wasn't working. I asked her to get her stuff and go. She said fuck you, and then it was like "get your fuckin" shit & get out!" I ended up with another woman but, she was a tree short of a hammock also.

• Yes I have. a few times.
    The only time I can really remember is when I was with this guy (we werent offical but we were talking and wanted to get serious with each other) but he didn't know I was kinda fucking and talking to this other guy at the same time. which I know was an asshole thing to do
    But I was falling for the other guy so I told him and broke his heart.
    buuuut the other guy didn't even want me and he just wanted to fuck me sooo I didn't end up with either of them.

• ... I have. It wasn't for someone hotter though. I felt and still feel very connected to her, moreso than my ex.

I think it's wrong to actively looking for someone else in a committed relationship, but we were on a break when it happened, pending reevaluation.

• I left a marriage of 23 years, miserable for over 10 years, but convenient. 5 kids 4 bedroom house, pool etc. should have left many years ago saving mental distress from my children, but never had the courage or means or reason. I slept on the couch for 3 years. I met a girl online we started having sex then dating lived together, now we have a 8 months old beautiful baby girl and a new apt and I enjoy life so much more and am tons happier promoted twice at work and things are wonderful for me. and my new family.

• That's just being selfish. Left your kids to be taken care of by your ex, while you enjoy just sex and dating... As if only you needed break from the kids, what about your ex- wife? She could've done the same, found someone else to have sex with and then date them and leave you with the kids. But she was responsible enough not to do so.

• really there is a lot more to it than me leaving her with the kids, three are adults one lives with his girlfriend and the youngest is living with her adult brother during the week to attend school. so not really accurate saying I left her with the kids. she has our youngest on weekends. oldest is 24, then 23, 18, 17, 16. so that comment was a tad inaccurate. it was not selfish of me to stay in a horrible marriage to raise the kids but was not healthy for their mental state and growth watching her violently and verbally attack me constantly and me doing it back to her.

• and I dated and had sex with one person. still with her today. so not really accurate either with your statement.

• Way back in the 80s, my first girlfriend dumped me for another guy after dating over a year. I remember how much it hurt me, so if I am with someone, I do not go shopping around for another, its just not right.

• No, but I have been on the other end of it. At 19 my ex-GF went back to the UK (where she lived until she was 10) for a holiday - she'd been at Heathrow for less than an hour after she arrived when she ran into one of her old friends from her childhood (definitely better looking than me, I saw pictures later on)... They married 6 months later, first kid a year after that, then 2 more over the next 3 years.

And to think that she never OFFICIALLY broke up with me!

• Yeah you touched my inner feelings really after a long time but I definitely want to answer you, I didn't left actually but I ignored my wife for someone else with whom I was in love for 2 years, we met at Dance Floor and fell in love immediately and since then new one insist me to marry her, I impressed with her physical and I m ignoring my wife very much, after 2 years when I flatly refused new Girl that I can't marry her, we eventually ended our relationship in break-up but this cost me more because my relationship with my wife becomes tense and it continues till 8 years and finally we seperated after 16 years so I lost 2 partners in 16 years but I still love my wife and really miss her

Your question really touched my past !!!

• Nope and I would never do this. I will not even date multiple women when not in a relationship. By date three if a girl can't pull it together and cut off the peripheral dating, her ass is sitting on the curb. Take dating seriously or don't say that you are looking for a relationship. Then we will never have to waste each other's time. Off topic but it is the same value system that causes a person to leave a relationship for an equal or worse relationship.

• Yeah I left a long distance relationship for a girl that was a friend for the past few months, but it was well worth it, the LDR girl was cheating a bit and was using me to make herself feel better and plus the girl I left her for is still my girlfriend now almost 2 years strong c=

Oh and the LDR was a little be over a year long but I hardly visit her state anyways, she was in Florida and I'm in Tennessee. Last time I ever date a stalker! She was the type to threaten her life if I ever left and yet she still lives. But whatever I'm happy with my girlfriend now 11-26-15

• I have done this twice and both times I was instantly happier and more satisfied because the relationships I had left we're burning out and miserable both times. I don't regret the decision for my happiness, I only regret that I hurt people for it

• Happened to me but instead of wallowing I picked myself up hit the gym and got a haircut and now I feel great

• No I'm a genuine honest person. I would never be with a woman who do that or had done so in the past. It's a shameful thing and makes her disloyal, untrustworthy and a bad bet to invest in a future with.

• No never
    I would consider it cheating

• Nope. I don't commit unless I see her as an 8. Once I see long term potential, there are no other women in the world. Just her.

• i was having issues in my last relationship. and off and on a few times with her. i had enough broke up with her and a week later was with my current girlfriend and now have been with her for over 2 years and currently happy talking about having a baby. so id say it worked out for me. but there are relationships that i wonder what itd be if i was still with them but thats in the past and i have to continue walking forward.

• a week later? why did you move on that fast?

• i had already talked with my current girlfriend in the past and known her for over a year. was not nessarily planned but it worked out.

• Nope... I just leave someone if things aren't working, not just cause someone is hotter...

• I wouldn't say people leave one another for looks but rather if that relationship isn't fulfilling to them in some way they might leave for this other person that in their mind appeals to be better.

• Never... I don't believe in doing so. I like to devote to one person and try to build something with them. I'm just not interested in smaller short term projects. I guess that deep down inside I really am kinda type of guy.

• No experience whatsoever yet,(aiming for long term), but I wouldn't leave,(or join), a girl just for her looks.

• I've done this many times lol but I'm also still young and none of those girls were my Mrs right I don't even think I knew what I wanted in a relationship except for a hot chick back then but recently I've had a few soul searching moments and realized that she has to have a job too lmao it's 2017 ladies ur taking me out to dinner I like steak lmao

• Yes but I did it because I simply wasn't happy anymore, the relationship was too stressful and I was trying to get out of it before I even met my new girlfriend. It turned out great so far, we're still together and are so in love and I see myself spending the rest of my life with her.

• One of my ex-girlfriend's started dating me shortly after breaking up with my best friend. My best friend and I aren't really friends anymore.

• man I hope you regret that. That's low.

• You didn't ask about the long term outcome of my decision. You said you hope I feel regret for the low decision I made. You cast shame upon me. I owned up to this decision a long time ago - long before you ever cast your hateful shame.

• I'm not giving you "hateful" shame but I can't imagine someone doing that to a best friend. Cardinal sin for the bro code. You should provide more details.

I got a feeling one of my old college buddies hooked up with a girl I liked back in the day. He never fessed up to it nor did I ever get in a relationship with her. But he was careful to keep it on he DL. I figure it's best not to know the truth on that one.

Anyway I'm asking if you have any regrets with doing that decision?

• Worst thing I ever did.

• I haven't but my ex-wife did. several times. it's the reason why her life is so messed up now. she's one of these women the things men only exist to entertain them and take care of them.

• More from Guys
    135

What Girls Said 83

• I left my left hand for my right hand

• No, I haven't done that. I wouldn't feel comfortable dating someone new right after a breakup anyway. I need time to move on from that person and work on myself before trying to get into a relationship with someone new. Maybe some people can do it but I just can't go from one relationship straight into another.

• Yes. I fell in love with a friend when I was in a long term relationship. Of course my relationship was full of problems. Anyway, I broke up even not knowing if my friend liked me back. Just because if I was having this feelings that meant I shouldn't be with my boyfriend. Later on my friend and I got into a relationship. He was the love of my life. However, it ended. We moved on, but we still love each other. We were just not compatible.

• I used to do this all the time but realized I'm just not made for a steady relationship and now I don't have to!

• I have~ I now regret it a lot. In my case though, it wasn't anything to do with appearance~ more I thought another guy had more in common with me...

I was with "A" for 3ish years and mostly happy, but something changed. I then met "M" and we instantly clicked and I started getting feeling for him, though I tried to suppress them. I ended up breaking up with '"A" as it wasn't fair for him and I couldn't have truly loved him if I was feeling this way towards someone else. After I was very very happy (despite the immense amount of guilt I kept hidden) but after about half a year with "M" I realised what he was like. I would've been better off trying to work things out with "A". my mental state deteriorated and I was deeply unhappy in that relationship and we argued a lot. With "A" we never argued.

I've learnt my lesson now though and I think I've found 'The One' and I am determined to make things work with him if I ever doubt him as I honestly don't think I can ever find someone who would come even close to him

• Haven't. I will only leave my man if he is abusing me or I cannot take the hurt anymore. But not for someone else hotter. The grass ain't greener all the time on the other side. It could be just fake grass. But if he leaves me for someone else, there is no one for him to go back to.

• No. I believe in completely leaving one relationship before starting another so your judgement isn't clouded. I think a lot of people's relationship problems can usually be solved with effective communication and good listening skills.

• No , but my ex bff did. She said yes to another guy when he asked her out and then dumped the other guy

• Ok why the thumbs down? I didn't do it , my friend did. The haters are real in his forum

• I left my husband of 12yrs to be with my best friend and soulmate. my ex and I hadn't slept in the same bed for over 8yrs and he hadn't touched me in almost 3yrs. I felt completely unwanted and my self-esteem suffered horribly. My ex told me every day that our children and I were the biggest mistakes of his life for years. The man I'm with now treats my children and I amazingly, to the point he wants to adopt them after we get married next year. For me it wasn't about looks, it was about being treated right and truly cared for and loved.

• no not bored just sick of abuse. I'm sure you still are a virgin therefore your opinion is irrelevant. You are probably one of those men that will always be alone because you're shallow and an imbecile. Grow up and let your balls fall then you can comment on my life. Until then go spank it cuz we all know that is the only action you're getting. by the way like for you to tell my man just how bad of a woman I am so he can fuck your world up ya little bitch

• Lol - both of you - why take it personal, its only an opinion.
      Anyway - i wish both of you find satisfaction with someone that fits...

• No, I never start relationships with people I don't deeply care for. And I wouldn't do that for anyone I deeply care for.

• I wouldn't know. But, that must be terrible.

• No but my husbands friend did.
    He was having an affair and left his wife for the other woman. He found out that his new partner had slept with someone else right before she fell pregnant with his baby.
    Oh the shit hit the fan and I have absolutely no sympathy for him, he had spent most of his marriage chasing other women.

• Yeah i did. he was unwilling to stand up for me when I was being sexually harassed to I told him if he's not willing to stand up for me he doesn't deserve to have me

• why didn't you stand up for yourself before expecting him to stand up for you...

• I haven't... but my best friend left her husband that she'd been married to for 3 years for someone else. They were together for 6 years and she was very very happy but sadly, he was killed in a car crash 2 years ago 😢

• yes i left my husband because he was very abusive and controlling. my life was so much better and happier.

• I've never cheated but I have left someone because I cared for someone else, we broke up after a few months but he's now one of my closest friends. It was a blessing that I left the first guy because he turned out to be a psychopath.

• No, never. I don't have the heart to do it.

• Yeah I did because my relationship was dead. It went swimmingly and then it didn't lol.

• Women leave for a better person men don't

• Yes I did, but the other guy wasn't really my boyfriend. I did cut him off to have my first interracial relationship. I was happy for a long time and then I realized he was a controlling, selfish asshole. So I would say meh, kinda worth it, because he made me happier for a while.

• I've left a short-term partner for someone else. I've also almost left another partner for someone else. They weren't hotter. I was just more interested in them.

• No don't think I have

• no that's just fucked up

• I have left one partner for someone else. It was an ex. Neither relationship turned out well in the end.

• Yes. After the night my old boyfriend ripped me apart and ripping apart I mean he yelled so much at me the whole neighborhood heard. So when 2 weeks went by His buddy asked me out and it's been going great so far since his buddy knows how great of a person I am.

• no. and I wouldn't. and hopefully NIW that I've replied this stops getting spammed in my inbox.

• I left a long term relationship but not for anyone else tho. I just left cause I couldn't do it anymore with just being with someone who wasn't there. do I regret it? no but do I want him back? yes

• yes i dont regret it the guy i left him for and i are still together almost 3 years later

• yes I have. I was dating this guy, 7 years older than me. we were going to move in together but I broke up with him for a good lay.. one of the biggest mistakes of my life.. but now I have a man who loves me unconditionally and I won't make the same mistake twice..

• I have left mine coz got someone better and hotter.

• More from Girls
    53