Do you think going "Facebook Official" is immature?

Do you consider it immature to go "Facebook Official" at the start of a new relationship? Or do you view it as a necessary expression of love and commitment?

• Yes
  • No

1823

Most Helpful Guy

• I think that the designation of a relationship as "official" is quite silly.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 22

• No, I don't even consider it an expression of love. I just think its a necessary step one should take so that you can say 'Hey, don't try to date me i'm already taken'. If I want to get sweet on a girl I always check their status to see if they're single because its easier than awkwardly asking 'hey are you single?' & exposing my intentions inmediately.

• I think viewing it as anything more than a status update is immature.

• I don't think you should go Facebook official if one partner sees it as necessary and gets all up tight if the other partner doesn't want to, that just seems like a sign of intense insecurity to me.

• Just setting it up on FB isn't immature, but saying it makes it "official" is.

• Immature and silly.

• Extremely immature

• It's not important to me. If girlfriend like that I have nothing against. If she doesn't want to post it on Facebook, I'm OK with that too.

• Not immature but maybe petty yes hahah

• No it's silly but not immature.

• Yes and I could not get into a relationship with a girl who expected me to do that

• It's mostly for attention I see really no point in rushing to announce it on Facebook at all.

• Silly, needless, and unnecessary.

• I dont think anyone really cares but if you really want people to know about you two just post a pic with you two in it and a ❤️ or something

• Completely not necessary. Plus I don't have Facebook so I don't have that problem anyways

• I never had facebook. I found it immature long time ago.

• Posting anything about your relation on social media is immature in my opinion.

• I don't think it's immature. It's just you confessing to your facebook friends you are not available

• If you don't want to change your relationship status you have to wonder why you don't want your friends to know

• I really do not like facebook.

• Yes. It's very dumb

• Yes.

I keep my relationship status on FB hidden.

The people in my life who need to know will know without FB. It's no one else's business, to be honest.

What Girls Said 17

• Neither really. I don't see why it would be immature but I also don't think it's at all necessary. My partner and I had been together for years before we put anything on facebook.

• I don't think it's immature on it's own. It only becomes laughable if the couple is using facebook to determine how much their S/O loves them.

• Me and my boyfriend didn’t put our relationship on Facebook for a bit. It just meant now everyone knows... didn’t make it official it was official the moment I said yes to being his girlfriend 😂

Also I get a few strange men messaging me on Facebook wanting dirty pics... that’s pretty much the only reason why my relationship status is public

• Why is it immature or mature?
    People pay too much attention to Facebook.

• Why is it immature? It just lets friends and acquaintances know what's happening in your love life.

• I don't like it, my ex boyfriend made us official on facebook as soon as we started dating. So my mom found out I had a boyfriend through facebook before I even called her or introduced him. It was weird.

• I wouldn't do that on social media. I don't see it as immature, but more als unnecessary and just like why should you?

• Yes, it is immature. I'm barely on FB or any social media, so I don't think it's necessary to have to post, "I'm taken". If I know we're together and he knows we're together. I don't care about anyone else.

• I wouldn't express a relationship on social media.

• I dont find it "immature"
    I just dont really see it being 100% necessary to prove your love and commitment

• It is not necessary. If one is mad because their partner is not "declaring" their love, they have trust issues. They should talk about this issue with them. And the other side doesn't have to be so stubborn, if it makes your loved happy and more secure then do it for their sake.

• Yes and no.. In most cases it's really insecurity, the need to show to others that he's token

• Not immature.
    think it just depends on the two people involved if the person didn't want to make our relationship public personally that would be a big deal to me as i don't want to be a secret.

• Yes, it kinda is

• It's not necessary, I just find it cute. And it's kind of smug I guess. But I liked announcing on Facebook that my boyfriend and I were together and having our friends and family send us well wishes and congratulations, and having it there on the timeline to look back on.

• what i learned during the last year probably is: the less people know about your happiness, the less will try to ruin it

• No it is not