What should I know about dating a Muslim guy (as a western non-practicing Christian)?

I met this guy and he's heads over heels for me. We're moving a bit too fast for my liking when it comes to this whole feelings thing, but I'm giving it a try. He's Muslim but he drinks/isn't a virgin, though he seems very serious about everything else. I wish to know what you (even better if you are a Muslim or has dated one) thinks I should know now, before I get in a relationship with him and get shocked/surprised or end up disrespecting him for some reason.

56126

What Guys Said 126

• First of all you need to be open minded and understand that there will be a huge cultural difference whether he's more westernized or not. Also typically Muslim people are recommended to marry other Muslims so if you're serious then talk to him about your future and how your religious differences will play out. If it's not serious relationship which it doesn't sound like it is then it's not a big deal just be chill. I'm a Muslim man myself and my woman is Muslim because it's important to me and we both have the same values and are compatible in every sense. At the end of the day you need to make sure this is really what you want as it won't be easy for either of you to adjust especially when it comes to meeting the family (this goes both ways - I doubt your family would be excited to meet your Muslim man because let's face it western society believes in the stereotypes that we are bad and just look at the responses to this question to prove my point further) anyways just have a talk with him and establish your boundaries early on and what you both want from this relationship.

• If you get in a serious relationship with him then you better hope he stays lukewarm about his religion because if he doesn't and becomes serious about his religion he might start to be controlling and demanding you to dress like a ninja in wheather of 90°

• 4d

“Dress like a ninja” 😂😂

• 4d

Do nuns wear bikinis?

• 4d

@Ephemera1 yea but nuns are a special case because they are very few of them and nothing in enforced upon a women wanting to be a nun... you generally don't see nuns just walking around the streets casually... they live and function in very specific areas...

I don't care for most religions but christianity doesn't enforce women to be nuns...
      But many muslim families enforce coverage... not all but many

just some minor differences though

• A lot of idiots on here giving their little racist Fox News agenda on Muslims and these posters/commentators portray themselves as God's gift... Oh wait, I forgot, those posters/commentators bashing Muslims don't even believe in God, they assume they have this infinite will to live like some sort of Marvel Avenger lmao.

Listen take it from me, a guy who is Muslim. If he loves you and cares about you he will make things work. This is 2017, not 1977, old traditions don't always work. I told my parents openly that while I follow Islam, I don't mind marrying a Christian or Catholic girl and raising my kids properly. I have dated Muslim girls who were bitches (I know there are great Muslim girls out there), maybe I've had bad luck but I'm giving you my input. But you guys have to talk about your religious views and see if that will clash or not.

• 4d

I'm muting this post because I know when the word Muslim or Islam comes out dirty disgusting cockroaches as known as trolls or racists enjoy giving their grade 3 level input on religion.

• 16h

@TripleAce that’s why I said talk it over. No I wouldn’t marry a Buddhist, it’s either Muslim or Christian or catholic for me.

• 16h

Ya thats ok
      But thats also going with your religion

If you love her and she's not one of those allowed religions for males. You'd leave her? I don't really get that though? Lol

Do you really believe god doesn't want you to be in love and marry her just cause she isn't one of those 3 ?

• Well ask him, he is the one who is interested in you. According to islam a muslim can marry any one "of the book" i. e. Christian, jew, or mulsim without issue. However it depends on what kind of muslim he is and where he is from, if he is Turkish they tend to be more lax then in the middle east (I know a Turkish muslim and he was much the same way he drinks and he did not wait for marriage to have sex) so that will also determine what he is more likely to believe. But its best to ask him find out what he wants what he expects from the relationship etc. also let him know that you want to take things slow as their are cultural religious differences and you don't want to do something wrong and you don't want to feel pressured into things etc. (but let him know your interested and willing to try if he is willing to let you go at your own pace). The fact is him being muslim isn't really that big of a deal, its more culture, how long has he been here (the longer he has been in the west the more likely he will have taken on some of its culture and practices) and him personally (not all muslims are alike obviously) so its something you should sit down and discuss with him, communication is the foundation of a strong relationship after all so why not start with that.

• Theoretically muslim men can marry non-muslims. Practically he will either see you as a good lay or want you to convert. Many muslim men in the west bump&dump white girls behind closed doors. And if they are really willing to be serious, they will demand converting.

Your guy might or might not be that way. So it is best to actually bring this topic up before you invest yourself too much. Ask him what he wants, what he is planning and what he expects.

• I will vote against it cuz
    1) First your parents are not going to allow it
    2) You clearly not respect his religion or believes in him
    3) You may marry him but someday, something is going to pop up and you are going to fight over it like the "Kids religion".
    4) You don't believe in him or his religion, so dump him and let him find a good girl.
    5) If he can't have problem with your religion then you should return the favour but I know, what you are doing here so byeee.
    6) If you are thinking about anything serious then, He will judge you and will try to make you stay cuz He will be family oriented.
    7) That being said, I am personally asked out may times but local girls but I always say "NO" cuz I don't want my life to be chaos, but She won't waste any sec calling me racist... not pure enough like stuff you read here and it shows her mentality before asking me out. I thank GoD it saved me from her.

• Be prepared to slowly lose your personal rights as the relationship evolves:

•begin wearing a hijab and covering up
    •not having contact with other men, including family and friends
    •receiving permission from him before doing anything
    •be prepared to convert to Islam if you want to end up with him (even though he may deny this)
    •he's likely to engage in new relationships with women once yours has been cemented.
    •if you've never been hit by a man before, that may change in the near future.

• Read the Qur'an in full and (if the guy is practicing), you'll know for sure.

Read 3 chapters/day and you'll finish the entire thing in 3 months, if I memory serves me correctly.

Otherwise, you'll rely on people who don't like Islam who dissuade with the best of their knowledge (plus things that may not be true, due to honest lack of knowledge, misunderstandings, or pure lies from Islamophobia). Or you'll be swayed by Muslims who understandably will want to put their faith in a good light (maybe even to the point of تقیة‎‎ '"taqiyyah", essentially lying to non-believers) or you may fall to one trying to convert you into their fold. Both sides will only tell you what is convenient to them, all under the constraint of what they know, what they think they know, and personal interpretation.

So, it's best to find out for yourself, get info from both sides to see a fuller picture, but still take both sides' words with a grain of salt.

• There really isn't enough information to tell you about what to expect. I'm Muslim, and I know a lot of western non-practicing Muslims. Based on what you're saying, that guy is not an observant Muslim, and may identify as one because his parents are. My question is, does he pray at least 5 times a day? What about fasting during Ramadan, or in Mondays and Thursdays?

What's more important is not just religious compatibility, but cultural compatibility. Even among Muslims, people of varying levels of adherence would never date/marry each other.

• Well he drinks, Not a virgin, so there's a high possibility that he's not much religious. Since im a muslim, im gonna say, it depends on the guy actually, not every muslim guy is the same. but i think you won't have any problems with him, regarding to Islam or any thing like that

• I'm a Muslim ok , but I really can't tell you about him , it's like asking Americans about your American boyfriend just because he's American
    No one can really help you , you should see for yourself if he's a good person or not his religion means nothing tbh

• he might cheat on you with a goat
    i.pinimg.com/.../...-funny-pictures-funny-pics.jpg

• Avoid. He will be cute in the beginning but then he will try to control you and if you get baby's (sons in special) he will not accept other things that they go to Muslim school 🚸 they have to be religious etc. Dangerous world. Avoid. 😊

Many people would maybe say that I'm pregudist but I have talked to Muslims "off camera" (when nobody is listening) and they tell you the fanatic truth about things. Would be to long to explain in detail.

• 4d

Oh shut the fuck up you lying sack of crap.

• 4d

Thank you. 😊 I'm. Not here to lie... Would never say things that aren't true does not make sense write 📝 in a forum if you lie

• 4d

@thatguyfromtoronto you don't need to be mad she is right and if you are an arab you know our people , well there are that bad and the good guys she needs to know that guy she talks about a good guy or not.

• Find out what his parents think of the relationship and what his views on your religion and what religion potential children will be before you become serious with him. That will help determine whether or not you should continue pursuing the relationship.

• 4d

Yeah, there's definitely been stories in the media about muslim men being very assertive over what happens to their children, to the point that they'd even murder them. It was a really weird story that I read.

• 4d

yle.fi/.../9928469 - This is a crazy story

• Muslim here that is exactly like your guy. I also drink and have sex. Lets call this kind of muslims "Modern muslims".

The only thing you should pay attention to is food then: Simply dont go to a restaurant with him where ONLY pork or bacon is served (if that even exists). Also dont serve him food at home that has pork or bacon in it. And never lie about not bacon being in there. IF it happened that he ate pork, he will feel bad or annoyed. You can calm him down by saying "but isn't it fine for god if you didn't know? I heard he will count it as if didn't happen. Ask a chaich (muslim priest) if you dont believe me."

Other than that, if he IS a modern muslim, there is nothing else you should be paying attention to.

• im friends with a girls whos dad is muslim and mother is christian. from what i see of the relationship, even if the dad married a christian, he still in a way against it, forcing islam on his daughter, to the point of cutting of people who might teach her christianity and even forcibly taking any gift/object that's related to it. (bibles, purity rings, etc) For all i know, he doesn't beat up his wife or kid, though he is very controlling. And he also plans to get his daughter into an arranged marriage, even if his wife says no. everyones different, just be weary of this guy

• 4d

Downvotes because they don't like hearing a real story, I guess.

• 4d

It's not valid, if it doesn't suit the feelings. All you need is love! ALL YOU NEED IS LOOOVE!

You need more than love. You need some fucking understanding. Sorry, just saying.

• Hi. I suggest you find out which branch of the Muslim religion he follows and then go online and do some research. I've learned that the Muslim religion is very male-centric. Is he Eastern or Western Muslim? That may impact how he treats women. I haven't heard many good things about that. Also you may want to do a Google search on him. I'm not saying that because he is Muslim, I Google every woman I get involved with, it will give you some idea of his past.
    And buy yourself a copy of the Quran. If you decide that this is the person you want to be with your going to have to learn to read, write, and speak in the language of the Quran. As well as convert to his religion. If he is as committed to his beliefs as you say, your life is going to change. For now you probably should just be yourself. That seems to be the person he likes, so don't change it. That is my nice advise.
    Deep in my heart my advice for what you should now about dating a Muslim guy is DON'T. Go online and see what other ladies experiences have been.

• 1. Might just be in it do sex you up. Lots of muslim guys go for non muslim girls to bang but marry muslim girls at the end. And it shows since you're moving too fast lol
    Ya right he's really in it. Don't buy it

2. His religion over you. Always
    3. can't eat at normal places. Always muslim inspired places cause it has to be halal meat lol
    4. He might as you to convert
    5. If he follows it. Then he must feel he is worth more than you
    6. His family might reject you

Good luck lol

• i wouldn't go through with it if i were u. there are a lot of good muslim people so thats not the issue, however there will be a big cultural gap especially since u dont practice religion. if u love him and want to take a chance u need yo pay attention to his behavior and look for signs u usually dont see when ur in a new love adventure, or u usually disregard until it is too late. whats his view on multiple wives, women having to wear a veil, pork, sexuality. will he always approve that u r christian or agnostic or so, is he open minded to these topics? will he respect ur privacy, thoughts and beleifs? if u see negative signs or simply signs that show u both are very different when it comes to sensitive topics, leave or ull be forced to live a life that is simply not for u.

• Well I’m an Atheist and used to be a muslim 12 years ago.. the problem is not with him being a muslim it’s about his culture I’m from Jordan and Arab guys there look for an easy sex.. the won’t even dare to have sex with an Arab christian girl because her father would mostly shoot his ass... so they look for western girls and women... too much movies and porn gave them a lot of ideas..

And believe me in the end he won’t marry you.. so dumb the guy and have an easier life

• According to the Muslim faith he's already disrespected himself by being with a white woman. Furthermore I hope you like having zero freedom and be prepared for abuse. Little spoken about it but its done often. Especially in Sharia households its even more prevalent. But hey I'm just a guy online who grew up around and witnessed the craziness that can happen in a Muslim home. Seen a woman get slapped for talking too long. So in summation, think very hard about your decision but ultimately do what makes you feel best.

• Your rights under Islam don't exist and you should also be aware that as a non Muslim you can be raped according to Islamic law. Your future kids will also likely be sold in a "marriage" to a much older man aka a paedophile.

Seriously how can you not know this?

• I am a Muslim, the comments and the question itself is disrespectful. Why do you even care about his religion when he is a non practising muslim? He drinks and isn't a virgin, his religion has nothing to do here any guy who drinks and sleeps around must be a heads up to you that's common sense. There's no real difference in him and any other guy out there, make your choice by judging his personality not his religion like you would do before getting into a relationship with any other guy from any race religion. Even if he shocks or surprises you it is a request not to blame his religion but him and his alcohol and your choice of getting in a relationship with someone who is a more non Muslim because muslims aren't into alcohol and would never disrepect a woman. Good luck:)

• 4d

Muslim would never disrespect a woman?

• 4d

Former Arab Muslim talks about paedophilia and child marriage in islam.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LE3QARjIZg
      The child brides of Yemen.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_19_xIYEmI

• 4d

She was 19 and not 6 when he married her Watch this
      https://youtu.be/eT-Rh1auG0A

We could keep going on this, the point is no religion teaches evil, the individual must be blamed for his deeds not his religion. Like in this case the guy is a non practising Muslim so no point in bashing his religion.

• @cth96190 It's true. There are a lot of people who claim to be Muslim but in action do the exact opposite of the teachings of Islam. World is full of hypocrites.
    I appreciate your views of life mate 👍

• Hey it's the same thing as dating a Christian. The difference is he believes Jesus is the "mightiest messenger" not the son of God, but Christians are considered the older brother to Muslims.

Just don't eat pork, but if he's western cultured than you'll be fine... communication is key here... don't ask idiots they'll lie to look smart, ask him directly Coz you'll be dating him right?

• Okay well first of all am a Muslim and Arabian , in my opinion dating a Muslim, Christian, atheist whatever his respective belief is the same dear if you feel uncomfortable about the pace things are going between you then say so!!! I admire that you are considerate of your partner feeling and his faith and religion but don't forget yourself and how you feel so be a bit selfish would yea dear tell him what you want how you feel. after all, every good relationship "in my opinion " is always based on good communication and understanding , I for myself wouldn't like my girl to always perform things she ain't comfortable with for my sake.

• Are you prepared to be bossed about and share him with other women. Plus having to give birth to his SON after a year of Marriege.
    My friend had to give up her religion and dress how he wanted. Muslim mens have a saying. You beat a dog, a donkey and a woman. Say no more.

• First of all i'm a muslim , He should not be drinking, and i really hope he's not a virgin because he was married before... Because the things you mentioned are a no-no in islam, and he's not taking his religion seriously. Other than that he's forced to treat you good if he marries you, he's not allowed to hit you, and i'm sorry for saying this but anal sex is forbidden too oh and he can't do anything to you unless you approve to it

• 4d

True.. Those are prohibited in Islam

• 4d

As an Infidel, I find it darkly amusing when I am in a coffee shop that is next to the bar at the airport here on the Gold Coast (Australia).
      When Arab tourists arrive, it is common for the man to park his veiled wife and offspring outside the bar and then disappear into the den of haram liquor.
      The strip clubs and brothels of the Gold Coast are patronised well by the same Arab tourists.
      I also find it darkly amusing that by personal preference my diet, (non) drinking habits and current view of sexual morality are closer to halal than many of the Muslims whom I have seen here in Australia.
      It seems to me that all that stands between many Muslims and haram behaviour is opportunity.

• This sounds very idiotic and so immature! In the first place, I don't believe he's a Muslem for what has unbelief and someone who believes in something have in common? If he believes in what he professes, there is no reason why he'd be dating someone who doesn't believe like him. It's like saying me, who is a Christian would be dating someone who isn't a Christian. Who are we kidding? What happens when you have kids? Please, save yourself from headaches and get with someone who's on the same path as you are. I think some of these posts are simple "thought provokerswas and aren't real. This is beyond me! Can't believe that someone would even contemplate something like this. No wonder, we have so much divorce!

• I'm a Muslim. If he is not a practicing muslim, his family might be and would want you to convert to Islam.
    Look Muslims are not bad people. Like the lady said below that if some people of the religion do bad that doesn't mean that everyone of that religion is bad. It depends on the individual.
    I know men who have married American women. Those women converted to Islam and the marriage is successful. They are more than happy. Some people said over here that the Muslims have multiple wives. In our religion we can at maximum keep 4 wives. But you know that nobody follows religion in a literal sense or in the exact way as Lao done. People who I told you about have only one wife. So depends individual.

• More from Guys
    96

What Girls Said 56

• Is he mostly non praticing? you said he drinks.
    Does he pray 3 times a day.. and does he eat pork?

• 4d

Moslem prays 5 times a day

• 4d

We pray 5 times, Fajr- dawn prayer, Dhur-noon prayer, Asr-afternoon prayer, Maghrib-sunset prayer, and Isha-the night prayer

• Just because he is drinking or having sex now, does not mean that he will put you or anything else before his religion and family. I've dated even lived with a muslim.

I also have muslim friends and have heard the things they do and say about the non muslim girl they are "dating." To him you are just a sex object to keep him company. Nothing more nothing less. They will refer to you as "the slut" or "the whore" to their friends.

As soon as he is ready to get married and be serious you will be thrown away as if nothing ever happened. Doesn't matter if you were with him 1 year or 10. Doesn't matter if you lived together, what he said to you that you wanted to hear, etc. No matter what you do, you will never be a woman of his heritage and he would never actually marry you bc his family will never accept you.

He will act "head over heels," so in love," and tell you everything you would want a man to say, but it means nothing. They are taught that women are different and they learn what to say to make women feel good. That makes it that much worse the day he throws you away to marry another muslim when you thought "he loved you so much."

No amount of love will get him to marry and introduce you to his family. No amount of love will ever come before his religion. The lies will sound so true and sweet, but they are simply lies.

Run away. Run far away. Just google what happened to other women if you don't believe me. I personally know two women who even made it as far as marriage thinking they were "so in love and happy," only for them to wake up with divorce papers and see their husband immediately with a new wife. One that their family and religion will accept. No one can crush your heart more bc they lie and tell you what you want to hear so well

• 4d

Considering how you think he is head over heels and moving too fast tells me 100% that you are being used. You will wind up very hurt if you try to stay with him

• 4d

@eph even in your answer you say you would only marry another muslim bc you probably wouldn't even consider otherwise

• 4d

>no experience or knowledge
      >Muslim, lived around Muslims, family of Muslims, been to Muslim countries, lived in muslim countries, lived in the Western world, westernized Muslim.

I'm sorry but you're delusional if you think your one experience comes close to mine. You're misinformed and undereducated, which is why you have such opinions.

• I can't simply answer this question like that. You have to tell me how he thinks, how his family is, how he acts etc.
    There are many things that can come into play, and they all can lead to different things.
    Islam allows men to marry Jewish and Christian women AND NO he isn't supposed to force you to convert to islam. BUT this is the islamic theory of course. I don't know how it will turn into practise, because many Muslims violate the principles of islam, including the ones who will force their wife to convert.

Personnally, I have a few family members married to non Muslims. My uncle has been married to a french woman for more than 15 years and she is not Muslim and he never forced her to convert.
    My Dad's cousin has been married to a french woman for 40+ years and she isn't Muslim either (but her, who are now over 25 kids are).

I personnaly have never ever come across families that forced the non Muslim woman to convert. I come from a conservative Muslim family, but my family is educated and not poor. So I think those factors are very important to determine how your Muslim boyfriend will turn out.

Just one important notice: Don't give him sex easily, pleaaaase. Some Muslim men in the west sleep around with white women because they are easier to smash than Muslim women, but then they leave them for a Muslim woman when it comes to marriage. Of course, this is not systematic at all, but there are many fuckboys around so be careful.
    I would even advice you to delay sex as much as possible to be sure. Don't be easy.

• 4d

Soooo trueeee, couldnt say what is in my mind in a better way as a muslim girl.

• 4d

I agree with you

• 4d

Yep, lot more eggshells to look out for. Almost like it's not worth the trouble. But then again, being a man, I tend to use that hunter instinct and think more long term. Women are different, I suppose.

• Listen if your not looking to follow God, then don't claim you're a Christian it gives the rest of us a bad name. He's going to want to have sex with you before marriage, and possibly might be forced to make you convert if marriage. That is what happened to a close friend of mine and she went through hell with him. You do NOT want to get involved with a non-practicing Muslim. Because intentions from what YOU are looking for is far more important than what he is looking for. Because that is how she ended up in that trap in the first place. You need to have a solid foundation in God. It's is imparitive. Know your Bible. Know what God commands for us to live in our lives. He should not be having sex before marriage. But many non-practicing Muslims sleeps around. But expects a virgin wife, or they are forced to an arranged marriage to a Muslim woman from the counrty their families come from. And yes, she is expected to be a virgin. Some of them have a twisted thinking that Western women are good for sex and are whores only, while Muslime women are expected to be pure. Don't know why you aren't focused on the Lord, but if you have no desire to be Christian, just be honest and don't pretend. But if your backsliding, you better get back to God. Or else you will face a lot of wishy-washy answers, and those sweet nothings being told in your ear, you know like a lot of men do today to get you open for sex and desire them. And that's what you will deal with. But somebody who is like him, non Practicing, not a virgin and drinks is extremely risky, just like those professing Christian and does every single secular things are risky. Because not only are they not focusing or showing care for their salvation, but their also putting your salvation at risk. It's not worth it.

• Be wary of this Fast Acting, Fast Talker, He probably Wants... Marriage. They will also tell you their own
    Kind of girl" is Not for them.
    A Muslim Man had Once Found me on Facebook and the Next thing you know, This "Practicing Christian" was Off and Running to Cairo, Where on my next Trip, We tied the Knot at the Ministry of Justice. I resided there for Awhile, but I seldom did Smile. A lot to Endure for Sure in their own Family Here, dear.
    Think Twice about being so Nice, Eventually Controlling.
    PS: When any problems, That is when they throw it up to You "You American girls are not Like the ones here."
    Arse backwards.
    Good Luck. xx

• That most likely he'll play with you for a while but he'll marry a Muslim woman to appease his family.

• If he doesn't practice his religion then he's pretty much like any other guy, but keep in mind that his parents may be more strict depending on how religious they are themselves.

Also make sure to respect his beliefs/religion and don't make fun of them/disrespect them. Which is what u should do with pretty much any person with different beliefs than yours.

A big factor can also be the place where he comes from and whether he's lived (or studied) in a western country and the amount of time he's spent there. Cuz Muslims that have been in a western country can be more open minded and have a different lifestyle and way of thinking than Muslims who have spent all their lives in an Arab country. *assuming he's from an Arab country*

Another thing is be prepared for a huge cultural difference
    There are traditions and values that are to be met in the Arab and Muslim culture and those are not too strict on western women but if he's more of a traditional person then be prepared for it

• 4d

And by the way.. him not being a virgin as a Muslim guy,, it's a red flag

• Well, i used to have a boyfriend that muslim and i think its kinda hard for us to be together. His family didn't really like me because im christian and i didn't want to change my religion if i get married with him. And im kinda wear clothes that "short and open" for their taste. But i think its actually not really open when im just wearing a casual shorts. So I don't know, maybe he's different. But my ex boyfriend was nice but kinda strict. And his parents more strict and kinda pressure our relationship thats why we broke up

• Found myself in the same situation. I have a blood related aunt who married an Indonesian Muslim man and some of my cousins are also following the faith after my aunt willingly converted from being a Catholic whilst some converted to become a Catholic. I've come to understand that if no problems have arised, you shouldn't be worrying about them. When the time comes, I know that the guy I'm currently dating and I will deal with the issue. I've already made it known to him that I'm catholic thinking that he wouldn't want to continue the relationship but it hasn't changed anything between us. I get that I'm still young and he's two years older than me but I feel as if I'm ready to begin my first "nearly there relationship" with this guy who has a different faith from me.

• I've met two muslim guys while on vacation. They drank and smoked cigarettes. One of them showed me a picture of his mum in hijab. They are family oriented and in the end, marry their own kind. Also, they only marry virgins. At least 99 percent of them.

So if you're sleeping with them, forget it. They will be nice and romantic but they don't love women who don't wait until marriage. They emphasized that to me. One of them told me he was in relationship but broke up and lived with that girl. HE didn't take her seriously.

I told one of the guys that I was waiting for marriage and the whole time they were very respectful to me and kept their boundaries. So i can assure you, they hunt for easy prey but in the end they marry of their own race, the good girl from back home who's never known a man. I hope this helps

• Yikes how islamophobic is this site

• 4d

You appear to have an aversion to the truth.

• 3d

Funny you should say that. Islam is notorious for their mistreat of women, forcing them to cover their faces and hair with shrouds in a desert climate, mercy killings, beatings, stonings, female genital mutilation, and much much more.

• Okay listen to me love. What Im going to say could be important, or it could be very against your opinions and what you were looking for, so if thats the case, feel free to throw away what Im about to say. Its ultimately your life and as an adult, you hold the choices and decisions to make to shape up yourself.

I am an arab girl who lives in the US. I have both cultures embedded in me, and I have seen both cultures.

Muslim men - of all types (the ones who follow religion, the ones who dont, the ones who do sometimes and other times forgets it) are culturally bound. They were brought up with it (more likely than not) in their households, even in countries abroad. a lot of arab men are very good at romanticizing a woman and show her how much of a gentleman he can be. This can be very deceptive though.

They are allowed to marry 4 times, so the chances of being cheated on significantly increases, and you can't say anything about it. Arab men like to be dominant... and no this is not a generalization for a few... it is the stigma and culture we are brought up with. Men, are dominant in everything, and what they say goes. If you happen to have found one who lets you make decisions and lets you be free, then you may have found a good guy. But you need to be careful when it comes to arab men, love. Not all of them are honest. And this goes for any religion or race, but I just want to stress that you have to be a bit careful about what his true intentions are. Asking won't lead you anywhere. He can lie, and act, and be deceptive. So you have to pay attention to his actions.

As for how for how to not offend him... dont bring up religion... no matter what. It will make him go into defensive mode if you bring up christianity. Respect his views about his religion. Dont insult his views.

I am a christian arab by the way.

• 4d

Well said in deed.. but why go through all of this trouble.. dumb the guy

• 4d

she deserves to be happy god knows she must have had shitty boyfriends who beat her or something because if she was willing to move this fast with a guy she doesn't know anything about the culture that is extremely dangerous. I hope you knew him a while before moving in with him even if it was just as friends. But seriously listen to these extremely carefully, one way you can tell he either wants to be strong and be able to handle himself and also give his wife a rough slap if she does or says anything he doesn't like it won't leave a mark really so no evidence of abuse but like the others said they usually just trying to hook up with white women because they are easy. Americans are one of the top that have sex the soonest out of any other culture or country. So him being married to you is a quick solution or he wants kids. But if he is tall or muscular and you have been dating him for three months or less tell him TODAY you aren't ready for marriage until...

• 4d

If you have your own car I suggest you move in with a friend or hell even mom or Dad temporarily. I had to watch a very close friend of mine marry a Lebanese guy who was born over there and came here. He worked out everyday and was muscular as hell. But he's also very lonely I'm sure, they always move fast but not with white women, white women are considered disgraces to be with to some families because they are consider loose, immoral women. And he might smoke and drink but honestly that happened to my friend, took her out to dinner 3 nights a week, even cooked for her, rolled blunts did the occassional bag of coke with her when they were drinking. She ended up in an abusive relationship with him for five years until he found out she had cheated on him with her ex. Beat her up so good he wasn't thinking to hide where he hit her. The only reason he didn't kill her she told me was because her ex told him and was selfish and didn't think about if she was even happy with him

• I am an ex muslim and dated a few muslim guys! All I can say is that take your time to get to know him and see if you both can connect over things on any level at all or not It may seem like he's head over hills in love with you but some of them actually have things hidden frm you so that's why they rush into things to lock you down! Just 3 weeks ago I had a guy clinging to me and he was a muslim he was just too nice to me, showering me with gifts and chocolate on first tome seeing me and later it turned out he had serious issues with his stay permit in the Uk, didn't have a proper job, was dealing drugs as a living and then to top it off he made up some bullshit story about not having a proper passport or any kind of legal paper work just to give him the basic rights in the UK as an individual, My trick was to question him about it in different ways and he used to get pissed off and finally he blurted everything out lol! BE CAREFULHe may as well be doing that cuz he wants to get laid!

• Ask him if he is married. You never know. Muslims can marry up to 4 wives.

• As a Christian, you should be dating the someone the same faith as you. God says not to yolk with people who do not follow Him, you have two different views that will clash eventually. Then again he doesn't seem very serious about the his faith if he's not virgin, drinks, and just seems like an everyday western type of person.

• Take it slow and as with any new relationship, get to know him, all of him. His religion is only a part of him.

• Everyone is different. You need to ask him if there is anything you need to know, or if he has any expectations of you that you may be unfamiliar with.

• If u feel things are going too fast and not to your liking... and with him being Muslim there might come a day when u are totally emotionally involved but he "suddenly" realizes that u aren't a Muslim and he can only get serious about a Muslim woman... And he MAY dump you or worse, ask u to convert.
    Cz it doesn't really depend on what sort of a person he is but what his family is like.
    U may want to make sure of these things before u get too involved.
    And make sure you respect his faith, irrespective of how "modern" he is Cz he might wanna be more disciplined in future and it might seem like a deal breaker for u.
    So bottom line, if u do end up dating make sure the respect is mutual.
    Good luck!

• He’s okay. Just keep an eye so he doesn’t combine all his 4 wives and says ”Mission complete!”.

• These men can be highly manipulative of western women. It's happened quite often where the woman ends up in quasi slavery under her man, not being allowed to leave the house without him and not being allowed to choose her own clothing. They can be heartless, emotionally manipulative bastards and it wouldn't be a seldom case of this happening. If I were you, the fact it's moving so fast should set off alarm bells for you.

• watch the movie not without my daughter. it's about a woman who is in very happy with a Muslim man in America but when they go back to the middle east to visit his family he falls into abusive and controlling behavior. I'm not saying don't be with him but be careful about which parts of his life you step into. You can get away from abuse here but you can't if you're over there. Definitely, try to check it out.

• I wouldn't date a Muslim in the first place

• 4d

@Mohammed1996 You're a liar. You live in Saudi Arabia. The punishment for apostasy is death. Sharia Law is the law of your country.

• 4d

I’m not a lier , yes you are right The punishment for apostasy is death but that not islam , there’s a difference between islam teaching and whahabi teaching, I’ll tell you something, now I’m a muslim , my people call me an infidel because I’m against this things that has not about real islam

• Honesty. Muslims that respect their religion really are good future partners and maybe future husbands. They really do respect woman unlike that bias news that everyone hears. I think you should leave.

• 4d

Thank you for saying the truth. Islam is the only religion that respects the woman as she truly deserves, in our religion making your wife happy and satisfied is immensely rewarding and obligatory, respecting her needs and thoughts is a natural thing within the relationship, and I think a lot of muslims in foreign countries do not follow the religion, only by name though

• 4d

Yeah. I've have many Muslim friends and they really treat people well

• Depends on "mislim from where" i guess, Bangladesh and Indian ones tend to be a bit more open aas opposed to Pakistani Muslims, If rased in any other more western country than its basically normal, They do tend to get more emotional though, i guess if you're serious, then only issue might be parents as most muslim parents prefer to not let their son marry out of their religion and might not accept you at first. other than that, you'd know him better. Being from a mostly muslim based country, I'm open to answer any other questions you may have.

• Leave! Run! BREAK. UP! NO DON'T DO THIS TO YOURSELF! I'm a half jamaican-half Caucasian Catholic. And I've dated a few Muslim guys before, and trust me, the. Experience. Was. Bad. I can't handle them, my views are taken by granted, I'm given no right to go out alone or have an alone time. Just- nope. Don't. For your sake, don't.

• Run away!!!

• Well there's no shame in giving it a try. Just ask him what he does and doesn’t do. Does he eat meat? Or only halal meat? Does he pray 5 times a day?
    Only thing i worry about for you is his family not liking you and wanting you to convert.

• This would not be the right place for advice with that. People know nothing about Muslims and act like they know everything. The media also acts like they know everything and try to make them look bad. Just be carful what you'e believing. Just wanted to warn you🙂 And if you want to know anything about them the best place to get info would be from a Muslim themselves

• Study their culture. They change 360 c once you marry them.

• Save yourself girl. Please. I have dated 2 Muslims. I am telling you horrible experience. They emphasise on marriage kids. They just wanna make you muslim. Save yourself save yourself. They are just so bad people & bad religion.

• 4d

you are stereotyping. That's like saying all kids who listen to Marilyn Manson get picked on and end up shooting up their high school. You don't even know him. What if he saved her life? Would you say he deserves a chance then?

• 4d

@abarker That's a crazy what if. Not very nice of you to ignore her lived experience.

• More from Girls
    26