Why was his hands shaking on the first date?

I went on a first date with this guy recently and he was constantly flushed when talking to me. His hands were shaking constantly and a few times he nearly dropped his drink. At one point he commented that his hands normally don’t shake and casually blamed it on him drinking coffee. Then told me to feel his hands shake. His hands a bit cold and sweaty.

He wasn't creepy or anything. He actually seemed rather endearing. But just curious what you guys think as to why his hands were shaking.

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• M'lady, you have a grade-a love at first sight situation right there. He must have really been looking forward to that night. From personal experience, I can tell you that when a guy points out a flaw to you, it means two things. 1. He is trying to make said flaw less awkward. 2. He doesn't mind opening up about his vulnerabilities to you. Hope that helps.

2|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 8

• People's bodies cope with stress in different ways. If he blamed it on a substance such as coffee, take his word for it. But if you suspect otherwise, it may have been the situation of him being on a first date with you and his heart rate was at a steady high BPM. The nerves were too racked, so it reflected back on his hands. Its not unusual. But the best thing to do is have him relax and reinstall a confidence within him so he feels less out of place.

0|0
    0|0
  • Congrats! You have found a guy who is nervous around you that means he finds you attractive. I did it when I went out on a date with my crush. If you like this guy then I am sure you'll get a yes from him for relationship😊

2|0
    0|0
  • Yes it could be coffee some people very sensitive to coffee but if it wasn't maybe he's really into you and he doesn't want to screw the date up which is kind of weird because maybe he did

0|0
    0|0
    • No he didn’t screw up the date at all. I found it cute and just chose to ignore it so he wouldn't focus on me noticing how nervous he was.

• Nervousness. I remember I called a girl just to ask her on a second date and my voice was shaking terribly and I legit got choked up. Long story short guys get nervous.

0|0
    0|0
  • Be nice to him he’s obviously scared as fuck to talk to you

0|0
    0|0
  • Because he was nervous and excited

1|0
    0|0
  • He was likely nervous.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's called being nervous 😂