Why do men ghost women?

Why do people randomly decide to stop talking to people? I talked to someone everyday for months and all the sudden it just stopped. I reached out a few times and I got the vibe the person did not really want to talk to me. I just think it's disrespectful and the person should be honest if they aren't interested.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Men and women aren't too much different here I don't think. People ghost because they don't feel an obligation to them. also with dating apps it's easier and faster than ever to find someone new. Sometimes you find someone else before the first ends and you get distracted. I went on a date once, didn't really click but figured a second date might change that. Nope. Told her I didn't feel a connection and holy shit 1 hour of her complaining. I don't agree with ghosting but I wish I had.

0|0
    0|0
    • In that scenario, I could see where it may be necessary to do that haha and I see why a girl can get upset with that as well. But I talked with this person for months not a few weeks or so. I think it's more hurtful not knowing why they did it.

• Show All
    • Maybe all the texting and impersonal communication make it easier to detach. I wonder if it's harder to ghost someone you saw regularly in person because you're forced to see them as a person rather than a notification on the top of your phone.

• Another valid point haha ugh well thank you this helps

Most Helpful Girl

• Im not going to lie, sometimes i do this too. But usually it starts out innocently, like ill genuinely be really busy, then realize i dont miss talking to them.. so if they text me and its been a week or couple weeks, it sometimes just easier not to respond then getting into it. But its not right and im trying to be better.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Either they want to create interest on you, or they are simply too chicken for saying it at the face.

First case:
    https://youtu.be/TPrCa_x3wSg

Second case:
    https://youtu.be/F8McBH9I6j4

1|0
    0|0
  • I give up on relationships sometimes when I don't like how I act when I talk to them, or when there is nothing to talk about. If they were a coworker and then stopped working with you or moved or stopped doing whatever it is that made you a regular part of their life could be a reason. Don't worry about it if they didn't think you were worth their time they aren't worth your thoughts. Forget them and find someone better.

0|0
    0|0
  • I myself posted a question about this same topic today. Its certainly a headache. Honesty needs to be valued more, especially when it comes to forming relationships.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think people get bored, most of the time they won’t have an actual problem with you that causes them to ghost you, they just don’t see you with the same lenses they used to, sometime you’re to blame for not being interesting enough, and most of the time it’s them.

0|0
    0|0
  • For the same reason women ghost men. They don't like them but they're cowards that are afraif to say it.
    It's so much easier to just stop talking.

0|1
    0|0
  • They either got bored or found someone they think is better.

0|1
    0|0
  • It leaves the door open to get what they want

OR

there wanting u to miss them and start thinking about them cuz a youtube video told them to

0|0
    0|0
  • Do you really want the guy to be honest? What if he said something that really hurts your feelings and lowered your self-esteem?

0|0
    0|0
    • Could have implied it though

• Show All
    • Yeah true haha oh well thank you

• You’re very welcome, now bbye

• guys are more interested in you bending over than having a conversation

1|0
    0|0
  • Usually means they are scared of getting cursed out or don't want to see the hurt feeling

0|0
    0|0
  • Because they are human. Unfortunately this is our nature, I don’t think it’s depends on gender.

0|0
    1|0
  • It's easier to run away

1|0
    0|0
  • there's always a reason behind that

0|0
    0|0
  • don't judge
    maybe they are busy with something

0|0
    0|0