Why do men ghost women?

Why do people randomly decide to stop talking to people? I talked to someone everyday for months and all the sudden it just stopped. I reached out a few times and I got the vibe the person did not really want to talk to me. I just think it's disrespectful and the person should be honest if they aren't interested.

416

Most Helpful Guy

• Men and women aren't too much different here I don't think. People ghost because they don't feel an obligation to them. also with dating apps it's easier and faster than ever to find someone new. Sometimes you find someone else before the first ends and you get distracted. I went on a date once, didn't really click but figured a second date might change that. Nope. Told her I didn't feel a connection and holy shit 1 hour of her complaining. I don't agree with ghosting but I wish I had.

• In that scenario, I could see where it may be necessary to do that haha and I see why a girl can get upset with that as well. But I talked with this person for months not a few weeks or so. I think it's more hurtful not knowing why they did it.

• Maybe all the texting and impersonal communication make it easier to detach. I wonder if it's harder to ghost someone you saw regularly in person because you're forced to see them as a person rather than a notification on the top of your phone.

• Another valid point haha ugh well thank you this helps

Most Helpful Girl

• Im not going to lie, sometimes i do this too. But usually it starts out innocently, like ill genuinely be really busy, then realize i dont miss talking to them.. so if they text me and its been a week or couple weeks, it sometimes just easier not to respond then getting into it. But its not right and im trying to be better.