Would you give him/her another chance if you don’t feel any spark on the first date?

Maybe there could have been contributing factors like nervousness or stress from other unrelated matters that ruined the first date in some sorta way.

And you’re willing to give that person another chance? Go on another date with the same person perhaps?
  • Yes
  • No
  • Results
    Vote C

72170

Most Helpful Guys

• It depends on how much work you're willing to put in.

Is he a really good friend and you think you could make it work eventually? Was he someone a friend set you up with? Was he someone you heard really good things about?

Then sure, give him a second chance. Not every date will sweep you off of your feet. Maybe he was distracted, or too nervous, etc. You shouldn't judge him on the first date.

Or was he just someone you met and don't really know anything about him? Or someone you met online?

Then that's up to you. I personally would just appreciate the experience, but move on.

• If it's just a "lack of spark" on the first date, then, sure, we can try again.

If there were big red flags that were uncovered, then almost certainly there isn't going to be another date.

Most Helpful Girls

• Depends how long the date lasted and what topics/behaviours you had time to cover/encounter on that date. But to be honest I had 0 chemistry with my now fiancé when we first out after having chatted for 5 months. It was stress and so on, it was a very short date. Then we didn't meet for another 3 months and boy did we suck each other's souls out that day haha. My best friend also didn't like the guy on first date but now they are dating for 4 years and marrying. I would recommend if there was a little distance in time from the first date to the second. Depends on intensity of your communication but take at least a week or two.

• I Iike the examples you gave! 😊 I Guess there’s still hope for people out there!

• Someone once told me that you should ask yourself the following question with any date: "Would I like to see this person just one more time?". If the answer is yes, go on another date. If the answer is no, don't go on another date. I think this is very important in the beginning, because it takes the pressure off on having to feel sparks or something and also (if you're like me) take the pressure of deciding if this is the one, if this is the guy I spend the rest of my life with haha. Which of course is silly.

• I meant 'after any date', not 'with any date'. Ah well, you probably got that :p

• Love that! Screenshoted that line, very helpful for dating especially with my indecision and pickyness

• Glad I could help ^^