Where would you draw the line with friends of the opposite gender when in a relationship?

When you're in a relationship, where should you draw the line with your friends of the opposite gender?

Where would you draw the line with friends of the opposite gender when in a relationship?
  • You shouldn't have friends of the opposite gender
    Vote A
  • Hanging out in groups
    Vote B
  • Texting/calling
    Vote C
  • Hanging out 1 on 1
    Vote D
  • Going to each other's houses
    Vote E
  • Spending the night at each other's house
    Vote F
  • All of these are fine
    Vote G
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

1|2

Most Helpful Guys

• I would draw the line where it'd be an action I wouldn't do with a male friend. The exception is a hug hello or goodbye. Male friends wouldn't rest their head on my shoulder, cuddle or flirt with me (non-joking sense) so I wouldn't let that happen with a female friend. Spending nights would be fine if the girl I was dating was cool with it but I wouldn't share a bed.

Though all of this does depend on the situation and who your significant other is and what she's comfortable with. I feel like this is something that varies from relationship to relationship, and depends on the people in it. There needs to be discussions about boundaries within that relationship if it is to ever work out. Sometimes people are uncomfortable about things due to insecurities of their own and may need confirmation that you and your friend of the opposite gender are in fact that just friends and nothing more.

3|2
    0|0
  • I choose the "spending the night at friends house", but when i think about it.. actually all of them are fine because if you can't trust your partner, your relationship won't last that long

2|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• I picked staying at their house but then thought if it was a house party with other people I wouldn't mind, or if they were stuck in their area and couldn't get home then they'd have the possibility of staying.
    So I didn't think that one through properly 😂 I guess I wouldn't mind if they had a valid reason other than "yea (s) he's invited me over to stay just on my own"

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't draw any lines. People have lives outside of you. What kinda insecure, toxic, controlling kinda fuck you gotta be to not let people have friends?

If anyone ever trys to limit my access to my friends they're the ones getting cut right the fuck outta my life.

2|2
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Don't cheat isn't an option?

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on how well we click together.

0|0
    0|0
  • All are fine 🎑

0|1
    0|0
  • Hanging out in group. Unless my friend is gay.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think up to going to each other's houses.

0|0
    0|0
  • I draw the line at fellatio

0|1
    0|0
  • Why can't a friend be a boyfriend?

0|0
    0|0
  • I draw the line at sleeping at each other's place.

0|0
    0|0
  • Anything sexual in nature

0|0
    0|0
  • Doing whatever I want. It is called loyalty

0|0
    0|0
  • Who cares !

0|0
    0|0
  • Last three above all if these are fine

0|0
    0|0
  • Bj's. Anything else would else would just be too personal.

0|1
    0|0
  • On a paper

1|0
    0|0
  • Yep.

0|0
    0|0
  • Spending the night might be a bit weird...

0|0
    0|0
  • I had this friend in middle school and we just kinda grew apart in HI gh school but we still keep in touch and have the odd lunch together. So she started dating this acquaintance of ours in grade 11 and this guy is like a brother to me. Every couple months we’ll shoot each other a text asking how it’s going or if we run into each other we hug and catch up. If I see him at the bar he might buy me a drink and drive me home. He listens to me and is kind and sympathetic and watches out for me if sleezy guys try to hit on me. I don’t go out of my way to hang out alone with him but if we bump into each other or the situation turns out that way we don’t have a problem being alone. I was friends with his girlfriend for years so she knows I’d never do anything with him and he’s more like a brother to me. However I would never try to text him constantly or be hanging out one on one all the time because although I consider him my friend, his time and priorities should belong to his girlfriend. And even if neither of us have feelings rn we don’t want to put ourselves in a situation where we could develop feelings

0|0
    0|0
  • As long as you're not interested in each other in any other way than friends, I'm sure it's fine

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes