Where would you draw the line with friends of the opposite gender when in a relationship?

When you're in a relationship, where should you draw the line with your friends of the opposite gender?

• You shouldn't have friends of the opposite gender
  • Hanging out in groups
  • Texting/calling
    Vote C
  • Hanging out 1 on 1
    Vote D
  • Going to each other's houses
    Vote E
  • Spending the night at each other's house
    Vote F
  • All of these are fine
    Vote G

2854

Most Helpful Guys

• I would draw the line where it'd be an action I wouldn't do with a male friend. The exception is a hug hello or goodbye. Male friends wouldn't rest their head on my shoulder, cuddle or flirt with me (non-joking sense) so I wouldn't let that happen with a female friend. Spending nights would be fine if the girl I was dating was cool with it but I wouldn't share a bed.

Though all of this does depend on the situation and who your significant other is and what she's comfortable with. I feel like this is something that varies from relationship to relationship, and depends on the people in it. There needs to be discussions about boundaries within that relationship if it is to ever work out. Sometimes people are uncomfortable about things due to insecurities of their own and may need confirmation that you and your friend of the opposite gender are in fact that just friends and nothing more.

• I choose the "spending the night at friends house", but when i think about it.. actually all of them are fine because if you can't trust your partner, your relationship won't last that long

Most Helpful Girls

• I picked staying at their house but then thought if it was a house party with other people I wouldn't mind, or if they were stuck in their area and couldn't get home then they'd have the possibility of staying.
    So I didn't think that one through properly 😂 I guess I wouldn't mind if they had a valid reason other than "yea (s) he's invited me over to stay just on my own"

• I wouldn't draw any lines. People have lives outside of you. What kinda insecure, toxic, controlling kinda fuck you gotta be to not let people have friends?

If anyone ever trys to limit my access to my friends they're the ones getting cut right the fuck outta my life.