Cheating in a long distance relationship?

How do most people in society feel about long distance relationships does it actually work or at some point the significant other just cheat while their partner is being faithful

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Long distance only works if the distance isn't an obstacle. Meaning, you find ways to see each other somewhat regularly (like once a month or so). And someone is going to have to move eventually.

The cheating thing tends to happen when a couple rarely, or never spends time with each other. One party will have an opportunity arise and take advantage of it to fill that big missing piece from their life.

Unfortunately, I know some people that have a LDR simmering on the back burner while they enjoy relationships locally. It kind of makes them feel secure knowing there is always someone on the bench for them.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Honestly i think it all depends on the couple aka the people that are doing the long distance relationship, if you both are faithful and you are both loyal and take it seriously then you would both be happy in the long term relationship

1|0
    0|0
    • Yes that's true in most cases when it comes to a relationship but every relationship isn't the same in situations

• Show All
    • You do you, sont worry about it, if they cheat on you then they aren't worth having you, you are pretty and loyal, can't have those unloyal people around you anyways 😋

• I’ve had a number of long distant relationships and none of them lasted. My opinion is that they don’t work. Hopefully the person doesn’t just cheat before ending it but if they decide they are no longer into you and they are into someone else who they are always around, they should tell you and end it first before cheating. The cheating part is not right and is a very hurtful thing to find out and go through. I wouldn’t recommend it for anyone.

0|0
    0|0
    • This is very well applied to any other relationship too, however.
      Thinking of my friend, he had two long distance relationships which he couldn't maintain and now is 100% convinced about how there is no way in heaven for them to ever work out.
      Ironically he has been in like.. 8(?) normal relationships so far that he failed to maintain as well, yet he doesn't apply the same concept here.

• This depends on whether the two have met in person or not.. If you were together at some point, then yeah that would be cheating. If not, well that's complicated. I would say that goes to the feeling you have for each other and more importantly the length of time it's been going on.

1|0
    0|0
  • Unless one of you are in the military, why waste your time? Life is all about choices and decisions. One of you made the choice to move away. Obvously the relationship was not that person's #1 priority.

0|0
    0|0
    • What if either or wasn't in the military and they both just dont see each other as often as you liked but still put effort but your significant other was pushing away and becoming less distant what would you do in that situation

• Show All
    • Sometimes taking chances and the guy is being sneaky and not as truthful then i don't think he's worth moving for

• I'm close to my family too. But I'm not going to pass up love and my own family. But maybe at this point, he isn't worth the risk of moving if it doesn't work out... He obvously moved away from you. Sorry but you are not his #1 priority.

• It takes a lot of effort for both sides, and unfortunately cheating is entirely possible :/

1|0
    0|0
  • I think it's a 50 50 chance the significant won't cheat. Another 50 50 on you maintaining your cool throughout the ordeal.

That leaves a 1 in 4 chance you won't be happy with yourself.

0|0
    0|0
  • I dont think they work. I wouldn't say they all end in cheating but certainly most aren't successful

0|0
    0|0
  • That's one of the reasons why long distance relationships don't work out - one of them meets someone closer to where they are.

0|0
    0|0
  • If one decides to be faithful, there's no way that he/she will cheat the other person, regardless however the situations become

0|0
    0|0
  • Yahh... Long distance relationship is very powerful...

0|0
    0|0
  • it's ldr. who even cares about ldr.

0|0
    2|0
  • For me it works

0|0
    0|0
  • Not all cheat

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes