What does ghosting say about modern society?

What does it tell about society in general and the person that is ghosting or person that get ghosted?
So far
non-ghosters: ghosters are cowards/scared of confrontation/have underdeveloped communication skills.
Ghosters: don't see anything wrong with it.

2358

Most Helpful Girls

• To be honest, it’s not really that serious. There are situations where you aren’t sure how to respond so you figure that ghosting is the right way. Yeah it may seem “cowardly” and all but people have a choice whether if they wish to respond or not. People either have a lot of things to deal, aren’t in the mood or just aren’t sure of what to respond to whatever you said. People are also busy. To me it isn’t a very big deal, I see it as some sort of mechanism

• So you did ghost someone?

• It's maybe not a teenager thing. But it is really something from these times. It's also very immature to not face responsibilities, but maturity isn't age dependent. If you are in a game of 2, you have to play your part.

• I can see where you’re coming from, but then again it’s not fair for you to always expect someone to reply to you 24/7 you know? people are busy as I said, I get that it’s a coward thing to do but you need to understand that people do that for a reason and the reason can be understandable.

However it depends on the situation, I don’t ghost for fun or whatever, I do it only if some creep texts me, you get the point

• That people nowadays are just cowards and prefer to not have any conflict in their life. Most cop out way ever. Grow a pair and tell that person how you feel about them.

Most Helpful Guys

• That people prefer the easiest way for themselves and hit everyone else the hardest. As natural social creatures, that's counter productive as we sought for communication for our well being. Modern society is evolving and unfortunately the stress of everyday routine is getting unbearable.

• Are you saying that society is getting more selfish in general? And it's getting worse for everyone?

• Yeah. But itll get better afterward. Its a rebound.

• ghosted in the sense of ignoring?

Well, because it's easy and nothing happens to you. Also because they are numerous people in your contact list and so it seems as no big deal to ghost one of them.

What it says about our generation is clear for me. We are incapable of taking responsibility for our actions. If we mess up, we just walk away. We are not confident enough to speak out our opinion. Instead we escape, putting our phone away.
    Also the digitalization of our lives made us into robots. We just act, we respond, but we don't feel for the other person. On the phone we can say what we want because we miss 95% of the conversation (body language). So in fact we are becoming more stupid because we value 5% communication (verbal) more than the 95%.

I hope it helped. Greez