Whats wrong with dating single mothers?

So I can't say I have heard my fair share in men saying they don't like to date single mom's with kids.
Men don't like to date women who made poor life choices in getting pregnant with poor questionable men. It tells a lot about who this woman is and how she thinks.

What's the deal seems like men have this perception of women with kids as some sort of damaged goods philosophy. No man wants to raise another mans punk ass kids and I sure do not. It seems the moment a girl mentions she has kids is the moment the guy says "Fuck that!". Honestly it's a lot of crap that men don't want to deal with when dating a girl. It's not his fault she opened her legs to a guy on the street because he was good looking stud type then ended up pregnant. Single mom's have a distorted view point as to what are healthy family structure is. Biological Father, Biological mother and Biological children, marriage, house, car with a relationship with a man of 10 years to be sure it's a man worthy of having kids with.

1|2

Most Helpful Girls

• Ok, so a women meet and starts dating a boy when she's 15, she marries him when she's 20, they have they first kid when she's 22 and the second when she's 25. They start feeling uncomfortable with each other at 27 and at 29 she finds about he has been cheating for 5 years, so at 30 they divorce.

Biological Father, Biological mother and Biological children, marriage, house, car with a relationship with a man of 10 years or more. But it didn't worked. Not that she opened her legs to a guy on the street because he was good looking stud type then ended up pregnant like you said. They tried but life is not simple.

If you as an individual has this preference is ok. But you are no one to talk in the name of all men. Besides don't act as if every single mother was just pregnant from a short term relationship or a hook up. Life is more complex than how you are picturing it, and you sound really immature for your age, cause you act based in a prejudge not in facts.

Also I hope you're not single, because every time you get older would be more difficult for you to find single women that have no kids.

3|1
    0|3
    • How to find that a girl is single?
      Because most of them are in a relationship. Girls younger than me are also in a relationship.
      It's very difficult to find someone who is single.

• Completely agree with all of this. I feel the exact same way when I meet a single dad. I leave fast. I don't want that baggage. I want my own kids down the line not someone else's... I know it's not the kids fault but it's not the life I want. I especially agree with, "Biological Father, Biological mother and Biological children, marriage, house, car with a relationship with a man of 10 years to be sure it's a man worthy of having kids with." You couldn't have said it better. This is exactly what I want. Though, I don't want to rush into marriage. I got to date the guy for 5 years or so and have to go through thick and thin to know we can survive together. We got to see each other in our worst. If we survive that and can still support each other then we have an invincible relationship. Stay married instead of getting divorced so easily. Divorce effects the kids a lot. I don't want that to happen to them.

0|4
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• First, there is the risk of baby-daddy drama, then there are the restrictions which come with kids so you're not only having to compromise with the missus but also the child's needs, the there is the either she wants a daddy for her kid so you have to pick up the slack or your the asshole, or she doesn't want a daddy for you kid so you'll have to pick up the slack and either be the overbearing asshole or the deadbeat asshole, then there are the financial and temporal cost of children piled onto those already coming from women, then there is the quality of women who get knock up without a man and their general attitude towards men, which can be avoided with widows as long as you're willing to compete with a dead saint... I could go on, but why bother? It asking for a lot from some guy who doesn't even know you right off the bat. With your own kids, you can grow into it, not just have it dumped into your lap by some deadbeat or a careless woman. Oh, and divorcees! They made their bed and expect you to pick up they slack when in the vast majority of cases they just got bored and threw away a perfectly decent man and would do the same to you in a heartbeat.

0|0
    0|0
  • There are different types of single moms.

The one that was whoring around and got knocked up by a boyfriend or some dude from the club or is a divorcee.

There are widows who husband died in car wreck or got sick and died.

3rd there are rape victims that are single moms.

Dating the 1st kind of single mom is shameful simply because that's not your place as a man to be inside a family unit you don't belong to nor had any participation in creating the family to begin with and especially while the father of that child is still alive.

And I can give you several reasons more why is wrong to be dating a single mom if the father of the child is still alive, but I digress.

1|2
    1|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 9

• Because nobody is required to take care of somebody else's kid? And also, her having a kid means less time for him.

0|5
    0|0
  • Well, this is a pretty close minded view. If you hear that a woman is a single mother and you decide to leave her, well, you don't know why.

There are a multitude of reasons she may be single. The father of her children could have died, the relationship she was in could have turned abusive and toxic, she could have been raped.

On top of this, generally mothers will raise a child instead of the fathers. If a fifteen year old boy has sex without a condom, it won't affect him as much as if a fifteen year old girl does.

On top of that, it's simply rude. They are her children. If you want a woman to have no history, no baggage, that's fine, but just because her baggage is physical doesn't make it any worse than your potential baggage. After all, if you can simply generalise that all single mothers are scum bags, you must have some baggage or issues at least.

3|0
    0|3
    • Never said women are scum. Regardless of cheating etc... A girl should know his man before having kids

• Some men just don't want to raise another man's kid.

0|7
    0|0
  • I guess some don't want to think of dealing with someone else's ( real bio dad's) kids. by the way, the comic below😂😂

0|2
    0|0
  • Single moms have a distorted view? None so much as the opinions I've just read , and laughed at, the ignore nice is amusing.
    I was with my ex for eight years , we split up one mth after the birth of our daughter, family life cramped his ability to sleep around! Poor life choices? Call it what you will, but if I make the choice to stop accepting bullshit behaviour and know my worth by leaving a situation that is not just detrimental to me but sets a poor example to my little girl on how she should be treated through life... I definitely don't see that as a poor choice, my priority is to be everything I can for her, mom and dad, work my ass off to give her every oppertunity that is available to better herself, it might come as a shock to your fragile little ego... but dating men who have closed minds and believe their own bullshit is so far from anything I'd ever want for me or her... already left one bad example, why on earth would I want another one

0|0
    0|0
  • you have a really distorted view and are quite presumptive lumping all women in to that view not to mention your assumption all men are as jaded and ignorant as you. of course its every individuals right to decide who they want to date but there are many reasons why a woman would be a single parent. There are also many men who would come to love those children as his own over time. While every single parent should let anyone they are considering dating that they have kids, I think its important to keep the kids out of the relationship until the woman and man know the relationship is going somewhere. No need to confuse children.

1|0
    0|4
  • Nothing is wrong with it my mom raised me and my sister me the oldest as a single parent and she was 17 when she had me and she did a very well job with raising me

0|0
    0|0
  • The kids are annoying

0|2
    0|0
  • My value, my tradition, my family structure, my education. and all that can be destroyed with the why the court system, the society set it with media, easy access to forget the one you made a vow to on your wedding day.

i met my ex. husband at age 27, with a college degree and a life long job under my belt. and created a side business wiht him and chose to give him a family when his grand father was dying. we didn't care if we were to have kids,. we were young and successful... and it happened, two beautiful great gradn kids in the family of 4 generaltions. i continue their family line as he is the last one.
    we make it to the upper middle income family wiht no worries of finance or retirments... as a stayed at home mom/teacher, i taught my children to be respectful and to keep the family tradition, value.
    He decied to hid from me and started to sexting other women, and didn't come to me for sex. i started to wonder and left with feelings of unloved and undesired. after i found out...
    i fought and fought and fought to keep the family together even if he wants to go fuck other women... i refused to go to court, i didn't beleive in divorces. i finally went when my daughter told me my son was not thriving from the doctor words
    i went to court, the court ruled it to be a no fault divorce... i gave up at that point.
    i decided to not take child support.. as i made him a millionaire at that point and took nothing from the house.
    i restarted my life as a new title - a single mom, with nothing, i have my job, my business and my kids. . my brain killed me... but i didn't take meds.. to accept and to love my children to accept to live in 2/3 separate homes... since he wants share time and but bring his 50% of the kid time to his fucking mom who she said those are her kids. ...
    many years now... i continue to talk to him, guide him the new role of being a single mom and dad and to love him as my childrens father and to work wiht him as one... when kids tried to manipulate... i kindly told them, both mom and dad agreed on the cell phone usage... so lets discuss it wth daddy later tonight when we call dad.

0|0
    0|0
    • you will not find woman like me sadly how this world has become.
      without the core value of family structure, the selfless, we get a bounch of angry, hated, kids growing up who doenst care about consequences and the other group, shy away from society, hid behind the computer, with no social skills to get a job and being put on meds. (these are small %)
      there are a lot still holds the value and believe in family.

i wish you luck in understanding yourself, loving yourself so that you can open your heart to love the world. and make better choices in chosing the right woman for you.

there is a lot more out there in life than to hate a select group.

i am okay if anyone wish to down vote me or share any of your comments.

• i have a boyfirned now and things are good. he loves my kids. he sees how smart they are and he takes them like his own... i have my kids, he has non... i told him, i wouold like him to have one to carry on his family name... as he is the last chance in his family... at this point i dont know if its possible
      people ask me why i am so close to my ex. husband.
      i dont regret my decsiiiosns. i married him because thats what love means. and love doesn't end.

i love my boyfriend and want the same for him.
      a complete life of love, union, family... then we move on to the next life with a sense of satisifaction. one may call it a legacy. i just call it... live a life with love and no regrets and no hate.

i have money, i have success, i have my kids, retirement, health...

• OMG , I can't even begin to be able to understand the thought's of that man , I can't find the words to even type to tell you how emotional that must have been.

What Guys Said 17

• I have another reason for not wanting to date a single mom... I tried it twice and both times were a disaster. The first, I started seeing this girl who was a neighbor to me.. She was nice, she was funny, she was smart, all around a nice package. We dated for 6 months, I really liked her, her kids loved me, and i really liked them too. She does just this one very suspicious thing every single week, She disappears on Sunday and is not available via phone or anything else. I ask her whats up, Every single time its a different excuse, she's at church, she's with her parents, she's not feeling well, she's with friends. All legitimate reasons honestly if it weren't every single Sunday like clock work. So one time i decided to figure out what was up.. (forgive me i was 22 when this happened) I decided to follow her. She went to a house she never told me about, She and her kids were greeted at the door by a man, She hugged and kissed him they went inside. About an hour later i walk to the door, Her children greeted me, and i heard in the background my girl and his man fucking.. they weren't even being quiet. I told the kids i was sorry and i left. When she got home i asked her again what she was doing, and her response was she was with her mom, Her eldest ratted her out and said "No we weren't we were at daddies house and "name censored" came by looking for you. She looked at me and said "I can explain" I said "Good luck i know what you were doing, why though do you think its ok to cheat on me?" She said "Its not cheating if its my children's father" I told her she could fuck her self. and i walked off.. The biggest heart breaking part of this wasn't that i left her behind, its was leaving the kids.

The second situation involves a single mom from about 5 years ago. before i met my wife. I would hang out at her house, i never really got to know her kids because they were VERY poorly behaved. the final straw though was when she tried to have sex with me in front of her kids.. they were asleep mind you but still not ok. so i left her behind, found my wife and the rest is history.

the OP is right.. No way will allow my self to be with someone that can't make good life choices, or can't decide when to get off of the cock carousel..

0|0
    0|0
  • I would rather date a single mom then a girl with no kids. since I have one as well at least we understand being a parent I think the same goes for those who are not parents they donr want to jump right in to parent hood

1|0
    0|0
  • I know single Moms who are just ok. One is widowed; another one kicked out her asshole man, and so forth. We should look into details before we judge...

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't want to raise someone else's kid, that's the bottom line it comes down to.

0|1
    0|0
  • If you date a single mom then you're just encouraging bad behavior. This is why women have no sense now

0|3
    1|0
  • Personally, there is nothing wrong with dating single mothers.

2|0
    0|0
  • Single moms need to have fun too, just don't go trying to take over the dad roll.

0|1
    0|0
  • You've made some erroneous conclusions. First, not all single mothers are simply sluts who failed to qualify a sex partner and/or use pregnancy control. Some are divorced, widowed or abandoned. In any case, dating a single mother can be very difficult for a variety of reasons. There's nothing wrong with choosing to not date someone for any reason or no reason at all. Contrary to feminist propaganda, men are free to make their choices based on their personal preferences, same as women. I have dated single mothers, and I would again. Though I must admit that I'd be much more thorough in the vetting process. It's foolish to not be anymore.

1|0
    0|0
  • Don't want to be taking care of another man's kid. And don't want leftovers.

0|1
    0|0
  • Personally, it depends on several factors including what the father is like, how they came about having said kid, etc.

0|0
    0|0
  • What if the father died somehow? Is the woman will "irresponsible"?

1|0
    0|0
  • Chances are that single mother dated an obvious douchebag who left her ass. I would pass as well

0|0
    0|0
  • if you date single mothers, you're the lowest of the low

0|0
    1|0
  • I don't want any children of my own, much less someone else's.

0|0
    0|0
  • Everything, unless you’re a cuck. Then it’s okay

0|2
    0|0
  • Damaged women.

0|0
    0|0
  • It can be suspicious tho making me wonder why she became single. As every divorce, the mother always get the kids and 1/3 of their husbands money.

1|0
    1|0

Recommended myTakes