Have you ever stayed in touch with parents of your ex boyfriend/girlfriend?

• Yes
  • No
  • I have and it only made it worse.
    Vote C

2741

Most Helpful Girls

• The only parent I’ve stayed in contact with is Cindy. She’s my ex’s mom and she’s really good friends with me and my dad. She even was the one who helped me when my other ex cyberbullied me on Facebook and on Instagram. Daniel is Cindy’s mom and also my ex boyfriend but we’re best friends now. As for the rest of them, I’m not in any contact with them whatsoever. Especially Norman. He’s the grandfather of one of my exes and when I came over to his apartment, I would be scared the crap out of him. It wasn’t that he actually did something to me but he just gives out a strange vibe every time I visit. I eventually stopped visiting after a while and I haven’t had any contact with any of my exes since the day either they broke up with me or the day that I broke up with them.

• I spent 15 yes with my ex husband and his mom and I became great friends. So when he cheated and I left him his mom and I stayed friends. She didn't fault me for leaving. She knows he was wrong. Then my ex got married again. Unfortunately he suddenly died. His mom and his new wife developed a good relationship however when she found out she was friends with me still she told his mom that she had to choice between her or me. His mom said she's allowed to be friends with who ever she wants. So my ex's wife stop talking to her and didn't send her a memorial necklace with her sons ashes. Broke her heart. What an immature insecure bitch.

Most Helpful Guys

• I stayed friends with a long term ex girlfriends mom, Her daughter and I dated from age 14 till 17, even after we split up I stayed in contact with her mom, cause she would call me and say stuff like "Just cause you two split up, doesn't mean WE can't stay friends, I like hanging out with you and talking to you! And it was that way for a few years, til sadly she got cancer and passed away from it. She was cool especially for an older woman, and we got along great, and both loved Hockey (NY Rangers) and Baseball (NY Yankees) and we would go to games together and get hammered all the time, and yeah, the old woman COULD drink ME under the table! LOL! Just because her bitchy spoiled daughter and I broke up didn't mean that we couldn't remain friends, so we did and yeah, we became very good pals. Her husband lived and worked over in England, so she was alone and bored most of the time anyway. I think it made her very happy to have "pal" to chill with, talk to and go out with once in a while. She would tell me all sorts of stuff that she would NEVER tell her own kids! I m still friends with her sister, nieces and nephews.

• I dated a girl for about 5 months when I was 21. She was 19 and she still sliced with her parents. The first time I went over to her place, it was great to have a chat with their parents. One time I noticed the wifi was horrible on the second floor so I bought a cheap router and fixed it. I immediately was the hero of the household.

But despite all that, I didn't keep in contact with them after we stopped dating. Granted we weren't dating for very long, but I think it's still similar to what the question is talking about